Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

I want a dps summoner no summon rely, XD. I want a summon for going relax in a map thing that i cant do until c2. But meanwhile i want to do damage to everything. My build is. Wiz3/thau1(currently in this)/sorce2 o 3/warlock if not doing s3. This build will use familiar and servant. No salamion and the rest of points in summon. Stats mainly int. But some points in con and few in spr. Crazy build? I think yes. But we will see how it going. Sorry for bad english

This is the build I’m planning for pvp.

Now you don’t really need to max out sub zero, lvl 8 is enough and you can prob throw the 2 points anywhere you want.

One of the reason why I didn’t rank up frost bolt is because while it may be slow to cast at lvl 1, it still has the same freezing chance as a maxed out one* it feels that way though* also its sp efficient, you don’t really want to fling spells all the time if your a pure int or int with con build only.

The same goes for Desmodus. less sp and cd and easier to hit things with it unlike Evocation this is all theory atm :slight_smile:

I was thinking of going desmondus instead of evocation but after i saw a video of how the summons exploded i wanted evocation for the lols.

1 Like

This is my favorite class, and am happy to play it, but
 It’s a class that really needs a lot of love as it doesn’t even really feel finished. Circle 3 especially seems rushed and completely untested.

The summoning sp regen negation, in my opinion, is a bad idea. I think just having a % drain in and of itself would have been suitable. I realize that they are worried about afk farmers, but this heavy handed attitude towards the playerbase to take care of a potential issue is a pattern I really wish they would stop. Stopping a few exploiters at the inconvenience of everyone else is not the makings of a good solution.

The summon Sal skill really should have its attack speed buffed as well. I think at minimum, a summon skill should result in a creature as strong as a basic auto attacker. I can literally hit 4+ times per every 1 time this summon attacks with the magic basic attack which is slower than melee hits.

The entire toolkit of command skills is very flawed to me. The Attack command should result in your summon engaging and attacking whatever was targeted until it’s dead. Not just go there, attack a few times and run back. Hold, is buggy. It sometimes causes the summon to just not do anything. Ride, is the worst yet. 95% of all the skills are horrible to begin with. Single hitting skills need to be reworked to do more than the basic attack, like really. Also, riding on your summon shouldn’t result in you taking all the damage the summon takes. You can’t use any of your abilities while mounted and your sp drains extremely fast while mounted. Thus, there is no reason why the summon can’t take all the damage, or at least 75% of it.

Mutate is good in concept, but they really need to buff some of the other summons or give them unique properties for this to be utilized better. E.g. giving the spider a poison DoT would be really cool.

And now we get to the worst part of Sorcerer, circle 3. The two new skills they added to the class is proof that they rushed this class and don’t care about polishing it. They are complete jokes, insults even. You have one skill that hits once for a few k. At rank 7, single hitting aoes that don’t do at least 20k+ are worthless unless they have low cooldowns or good overheats. Evocation does neither. It only hits like 3~6k. It’s such garbage that I honestly can say circle 1 wizard energy bolt is more useful. That’s just pathetic.

Desmodus at least hits a couple of times, but it isn’t much better.

The obvious thing they should of added for circle 3 was a costly second shadow summoning. Letting you have both primary and secondary summons out at once with a higher sp tax. That is what Evocation should be.

Desmodus, it would be okay if it was like, 1 + skill level hits with a overheat of 3 and maybe some sort of attribute to give it a unique effect like life drain or something since it has to do with bats.

While I know Sorcerer isn’t the only class that needs some polish, I do strongly feel that Sorcerer is up there. Not to say it is a useless class atm, just that it’s very unpolished and clearly unfinished even if it isn’t acknowledged as unfinished offically.

18 Likes

I agree to everything this person said

I play as a Pyro 3 > Sorcerer and imo it’s not good in groups pyro has horrible damage and since i’m currently only c1 sorcerer the summon doesn’t do much either
 thus it feels like im not contributing to anything for the group

Solo however is a different story I can melt bosses very quickly and everything feels like im playing on easy mode.

1 Like

I also agree with it all, well put sir!

Ok, that’s a lot of info, and a lot of them are true, but they are not COMPLETELY true imo

As of right now, I am a level 221 Sorcerer, rank 2 still, and I intend to get sorcerer3, even though a few people said I shouldn’t.

I agree that the rank3 skills seems completely out of place. I don’t like both, but probably I will get one of them because of the skill points. My objective with Rank3 is to max Summon Familiar and Summoning, and that’s it.

In my opinion, the thing that you need to know about sorcerer, in my opinion
 is that you are NOT a burst class. You don’t have burst damage, you have sustained damage. Unfortunately, right now, the only way to really get it is with a Templeshooter, which is sad (imo, the biggest problem about it is the fact that they took out the Summon skills sometime ago
 that would balance things, MAYBE. Because right now, all that you need to find is the best auto attacker and that’s it.)

My Templeshooter (a level 10 card) hits for ~3.5k damage each hit, for a 7k damage per attack. If it crits (and it crits a lot), it’s 4.5k damage each hit, so 9k per attack. And he tanks. A lot. So my hunting method is to bring things for him to kill. Simple as that.

Summoning is the basis of the Sorcerer. All you’re going to do is based on it. And that’s what I think they missed with Rank3. They should’ve given us more skills that affects our Summon. Maybe a skill that when used, the Devil would use one of their skills? Or a self destruction button that gave a lot of damage? Maybe even a heal, or more ways to interact with it. Without the Summon, a Sorcerer is not really strong. We have have no skill with charges or things like that. So why not give even more focus on our pet?

I agree that Desmodus and the other one seems out of place.

But! Hold doesn’t seem that bugged. The biggest problem I have are map bugs. Sometimes the summon gets stuck on a bridge or things like that. It sucks and you need to res-summon.

From the old skills, the one that I wish they changed the most would be Riding. The extra SP cost it has is abusive, the movement speed bonus is negligible, and it’s fun to use the pet skills, truly, but we don’t have enough information, and remember: You’re giving up all damage you could be doing being on the ground while riding it. And even more so, you lose your tank for that.

I would seriously think about getting rid of the SP cost while riding the Devil. Maybe even give one of the rank3 skills to be used while riding? So many possibilities. =/

Summon Salamion can be useful
 But it’s not enough imo. I tried it out again after changing some things in my build, and it’s not that worth it imo. The aspd problem is true =/

Summon Familiar is a good skill imo, and it has a good potential of being a burst part against bosses. I can easily see it doing ~50k+ damage against single target creatures.

My biggest problem with the class right now? Itemization. It doesn’t matter what weapon you use, seriously. 20 int is something like 36 extra damage with Summoning lvl 15. That’s nothing for something that is hitting for ~4k damage already. You’re not even tanking something, so your armor doesn’t matter either. You just need to stay alive while running around. Damn, I can keep running around naked and its damage and tankiness is going to change almost nothing. Why would I spend millions in equipment, if the impact is almost null? The only thing I can think about spending some money would be the gem that increases Summoning level, so I can get an extra 10% bonus from my int
 And it’s not even going to be huge =|

Maybe they should give some kind of bonuses depending on your equipment? Right now, the Summon defense increases by the Spirit of the caster. Maybe give something related to the armor? Or maybe even better: Make it possible to ‘equip’ your pet?

I just had another strange idea: Give a skill to the Rank3 Sorcerer that he can ‘dismantle’ equipment, cards, no idea, and ‘feed’ your Summon with it, making it even stronger.

Because here comes the next problem: I don’t know how well the pet will scale later on. I already have it at level 10, so
 what’s next? Increase my int? 1 int = 1.8 damage, so it scales poorly. How can I keep increasing the damage?

Sorry about the long post, quite sleepy and thinking a lot about it =|

10 Likes

I like your feedback.

How did you increase your Stats? 5 Int:1 Con?

Maybe return sp regen. But adding a internal clock that vanish the summon if the pj is afk(not moving) in maybe 5min? That can prevent afk farming

My stats are a mess since i wasn’t sure what i wanted to go after cryo. So i went full int with like 10 points in spr and only added enough con so that im not one shot in dungeons.

My stats right now are quite bizarre, I think
 I got 4x con, 43x int. For now, I am focusing on con again, to increase survivability (which wasn’t needed until now, seriously)

If I could redistribute de stats, I think I would follow something close to 5-1 Int/Con.

lol is everybody a cryo sorcerer in here xD?
Salamion [quote=“Scyphoza, post:1, topic:188142”]
Summon Salamion has the same AI issues as the boss summons
[/quote]
Actually is worse, sometimes they go for a walk chasing a monster that run away, sometimes they stop attacking at all.

Tos Mechanics there is a complete list of devils sorcerers can use, stats, armor type and element.[quote=“Scyphoza, post:1, topic:188142”]
Builds
[/quote]

Sadly, evocation is pure garbage, amazingly flashin garbage, it only hits once and that’s it.

forgive me for i like to have every skill

1 Like

Hey Rank 2-3 sorcs, how much damage do summon skills deal? And what’s CD, is it useful?

And yeah S3 skills so garbage BrokeBack 1-2 hit skills on 7th rank pls

They increase devil’s damage(counting your INT) damage by 10% by star[quote=“DanielS, post:9, topic:188142”]
If you have the harpeia card, I would appreciate ur opinion on it!
[/quote]

It has good aoe in basic attacks(180Âș~270Âș) , almost TS’s critical rate and is not ghost type, so it’s better than Chapparition when you find mage-type enemies.[quote=“evil_totoro, post:34, topic:188142”]
Hey Rank 2-3 sorcs, how much damage do summon skills deal?
[/quote]

pretty much their (attack x number of hits for the skill) so templeshooter’s multishot is your best ally to kill bosses.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info i will update the first post. How up to date is theToS Mechanics pdf is that from cbt?

Nope, last edit 9 days.
The file is heavy to load on browser in some machines, clicking in raw will download it

Servant’s buffs are in order
Lv 1 - +SkillLv AoE Ratio
Lv 2 - Sp Regen
Lv 3 - Stamina Regen
Lv 4 - 50 Magic Defense
Lv 5 - 50 Dark Attack
Need to confirm numbers and sp/stamina regen values

1 Like

That cat buff arent accord with the class. Theyre seems to be made for the summoner also attack with the pet.

Yes, sadly not a full summoner as desmodus and evocation are magical attacks just like magic bolt or fireball (Including ignition’s passive, arde dagger and such)

But take in consideration: the cat’s buffs are all 2 row party buffs, very useful. everybody loves the cat, not you tho ;-;

An korean pyro, linker c2, sorc c3 in action

1 Like

How do you embed the video like that? I couldnt figure it out lol.