Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Is that a bug or intended?

I have no idea actually.

yes i know i dont want to ride :slight_smile: its hybrid build :smiley:

I know itā€™s a hybrid. The summon still attacks while not riding and kill steals your souls I mean.

So if youā€™re riding, the summonā€™s kills are technically yours or the summonā€™s?

I guess the summon?
Kills from summon donā€™t create souls from Invocation whether you ride or not. Youā€™d have to do the final hit yourself.

Greetings. Iā€™m thinking of resetting one of my wizards into sorc. I havenā€™t decided on the build yet but I have to emphasize that I do NOT want necro. Any build recommendation that works without weapon trans is appreciated.

I have a bunch of cards that I want to use: Prison Cutter and Nuodai. Are these two good, or at least decent?

Hi,

Disclaimer, itā€™s just my thoughts so far based on iToS right now and what info we have from kToS.

If you want to be Sorc mainly without Necro, then trans weapon at least to lvl 3-5 is very-very helpful. But it is totally okay to not trans, just have in mind your clear speed will be slower (sometimes quite noticeably).
With that said, if you plan to be rider Sorc, consider Netherbovine (if you donā€™t have Marnox) as your go-to card. Prison Cutter is a bit better in terms of damage compared to Netherbovine, but often he has weird aoe, sometimes only hitting 1-2 mobs out of the pack and missing others, while Netherbovine has a better aoe, faster attack and even a small knockback with autoattack, which, if timed correctly, can continuously prevent monsters from attacking you. Nuodai, being a non-movable mob is okay, but I personally didnā€™t like it too much, tho some of her skills are really good.

For example build you should have at least Sorc C2 (C3 is not needed as it adds too little in terms of damage), and either got enchanter C2 when patch comes to us (with all the pyro-thaum stuff before Sorc) or Shadowmancer is also a good option if you plan to do some damage while unmounted (tho enchanter C2 can do some decent damage as well with lightning hands). also instead of pyro-thaum combos pre-Sorc, you can go Cryo C3 for nice CC.

Basically all builds depend here on your preferences, just try to keep those that have synergy.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t personally find enchanter 2 a good match with a sorcerer, especially a rider sorc. Lightning hands is a good skill but youā€™ll easily end up either riding or using lightning hands and they donā€™t supplement each other well enough.

A class like shadowmancer, sage (c2 skill is really bad but the current c1 skills with new attributes and changes are not that bad anymore.) and warlock fit much better since you can use a fast skills to do aoe damage with overtime damage and use riding when theyā€™re on cooldown.

Besides for lightning hands it would be much more beneficial to have a chrono or thauma to boost it. Iā€™ve seen this one video of sorc3ench2 who went full dex, marnox dealing around 20k damage only and they barely have any use for riding as they are spamming lightning hands constantly. Surely you could choose to go full SPR but then lightning hands is not nearly as effective.

I think itā€™s more of a ā€œwhat compliments sorcerer among other classesā€ thing more than ā€œwill sorcerer be a good pick for enchanter.ā€ If you put it into that perspective then I think enchanter would be one of the better late ranks to pick due to SPR scaling on enchant lightning, with the addition of enchant earth and lightning hands. That being said even if you already limit yourself to ā€œ2 ranks sorcerer full SPRā€ thereā€™s still a lot of viable class choices but Iā€™d have to say enchanter still looks to be one of the most tempting to get

1 Like

What Kihseki wrote.
I personally see full SPR as a main point here, so pyro-thaum-enchanter buffs scaling off of SPR are a better option in my opinion. For damage, sure, shadowmancer seems to be the most fitting.

I get both of your points but isnā€™t both enchants quite negligible if you have nothing to use them on? (Same with thaum buffs.) They donā€™t boost summon damage so only benefit goes to lightning hands which in my opinion doesnā€™t fit well in sorcerer kit. Full spr for ench2 doesnā€™t give enough of a boost in my opinion without thaum3 which you canā€™t have with sorc2 and enchanter 2.

Enchanter 2 is a build focused on normal attacking and sorcerer a build that focuses on riding. Both restrict each other.

But maybe this is just my opinion about it. :tired:

(Edit: In my opinion enchanter 2 does not compliment sorcerer.)

1 Like

My personal experience is that currently the only real endgame is solmiki and world bossing, but since I donā€™t do solmiki that just leaves world bosses. That being said, cryo and sage or necro kinda sucks on that and pure rider is also lacking as far as consistent dps goes lol. What Iā€™ve found though is that even thaum1 can be the deciding factor in helping your party reach rank1 (itā€™s a good 2-3 stages of transcendence worth of patk/matk). So yeah, itā€™s definitely a matter of playstyle and personal preference but I still think enchanter is a viable pick

I agree to some extent. It just depends what you want to be good at. I see Ench C2 as a middle ground as you are able to both give some decent buffs to your teammates and also deal good damage when riding and okay-ish damage while not riding (which in most cases should be rare, like overwhelmed by ranged mobs and have your summon tank them, idk). And shadowmancer can be a good DD on itā€™s own which you can also pair with Cryo3 for instance (but also Ench2 lightning hands have some synergy with Cryo as deal more damage to frozen enemies with lightning dmg).

in other words it can be tailored to your needs.

i dont like ench2 with sorc too ;p but its only my personal opinion :slight_smile: i think i will end with pyro3sorc2necro1shadow2 build :slight_smile:

For my Sorcerer, Iā€™m going with an unorthodox build and going Featherfoot 3.
Vampire theme.

As one of the few who owns Marnox I find that I can easily deal anywhere from 180~220k dmg in the span of 2seconds with autoattacks. As such I canā€™t find a good reason for me to take enchanter when Iā€™m doing insane numbers while Iā€™m riding Marnox. When resets are offered Iā€™m planning on taking my summoner to the next level and drop a rank in Sorceror to pick up necro 3. Getting on and off Marnox is a hassle so the consistent (3mins) skel armies will be a huge boon in soloing maps as my minions will grab aggro off me while I finish things off with marnox. Iā€™d love to see the kind of dmg I can do using corpse tower as well. Currently I use a trans7 +15 RHS and Iā€™m full SPR 721.

1 Like

Marnox deals that much damage due to his attacks not being halved like all the other 2x hit summons.
Iā€™m still not quite sure if thatā€™s a bug or intended but i wouldnā€™t rely too much on him since heā€™s prolly gonna get nerfed/fixed.

1 Like

Nope, i believe it is not a bug and it also not calculated that way either,
it is all in database, you can scroll upper the db from neet which pc_summon tag.

Marnox have relatively high attack SFR% which is 296%x2.

The rumors is that peoples are comparing Harpeia/Cyclops/Abonimation which is ~390% 1 hit, while Templeshooter is only 217%x2 hit, which is almost x2, the rest of the 2 hits summons also around ~200%x2 like Progola.

Summons who dealing 2 hits never mean halved of the SFR%, it is just SFR%x2.

Its not a bug)) many class do over power dmg if have trans7 +15 weapon and have full (INT, STR, SPR )
did you see what do runecaster/cryo/psy or murmilo/shinobi with boss without trans?)
Sorcerer was good, just if you spend a lot(300 mil- only marnox card 60 mil.) of money in game.