Tree of Savior Forum

[Sorcerer]Coming Back to ToS wanting to make a Sorcerer again

Hello, i came back to ToS wanting to make a sorcerer again, i heard a lot of the skills has been changed like quick cast and everything. i would really love to be shown the way to make a good sorcerer class.

i really want a sorc 3 or at least sorc 2. i hope it won’t be so ■■■■ that it’s unplayable. i want to have fun and all i care about is PvE. would really appreciate the help, i completely lost on the new changes.

thinking of a fun wiz>pyro3>sorc3>warlock build.

hmm… that will not work. I mean, it will take too much time to do anything.

If you are looking for fun builds with sorcerer here:

Wiz 1, pyro 1, link 2, sorc 2, lock 2.

wiz 1, pyro 1, link 2, sorc 2, rune, enchanter

what about wiz>cryo>link2>sorc2>necro2?

edit: full spr

First of all, Welcome back to ToS :O!

Anyways, With the patch, They made that sorcerers scale through SPR (helps at making the summons viable in end-game content). However, Their scale is still pretty weak at the moment here in iToS.

Currently in kToS, There has been changes for summons in general. Making them scale better with SPR. So if you can wait for that change to come I can suggest you can go for

Wiz> Cryo 3 > Sorc2/3 > Warlock2/Sage/Nerco2

This build ^^ synergies with sorcerer.

With Cryomancer,you can combo it with your summons (Frost Pillar + Summon Skill)
With Necromancer, you can synergise with Templeshooter (Decay attribute + Missle Attacks)
With Sage, you can duplicate more bats (Microdimension + Bats)
With Warlock, You can have a secondary dps circle other than Sorcerer.

1 Like

wtf this excites me very much let me tell you.

out of all the options that you presented though, you didn;t mention that going full spr for the sorc summon also benefits the necro summons which is a win win? double benefit? i mean the decay pole is a benefit in itself.

With the post-patch. It’s advisable for summon-oriented players to go SPR if you want to make your summon deal damage (especially when the sorcerer update comes.)

what do you say about linker? won’t linker amplify the skeleton damage through the roof?

Linkers got nerfed hard. Links break a lot FASTER. That’s why there’s scarcity of linker build with summons post patch. It’s just not recommended. (That’s why Cryo 3 became a bit of a meta with sorc builds)

In my opinion. Linkers are more “solo” oriented and requires a hard-hitting burst class (such as Featherfoot’s kundela slash) to use those links wisely.

do i really need cryo3?
so wiz>cryo3>sorc2>necro2 is the one that piqued my interest the most.

If you want to play necro linker, better use like mine:

Wiz 1, pyro 1, link 3, necro 3.

The skeletons obliterates almost everything after the knot.

Well, I’m not sure but I think summon ai is still wonky. Cryo kinda helps your summon to deal damage to a lot of mobs (It also give you CC).

But who knows, maybe linker may have a comeback since the damage of summons became more ~bursty~ on the patch in kToS.

what i actually want is both sorc and necro in the build, and not sorc1. a minimum of sorc2.

@LeafPenguinOP yeah been a while. the summon AI in this game is braindead from the very start.

edit: it is also so ■■■■■■■ sad that temple shooter is the only summon that is worth anything. basically dooming a new sorcerer that has no way of getting the card.

How about wiz-filler-filler-thauma3-sorc2? You can go full spr without sacrificing that much matk, you’ll be wanted in parties for your buffs, after summoning update you’ll get plenty of matk and spr.

I haven’t tested it yet, but I’m definitely going to when the update comes.

why thauma 3? isn’t thauma 1 good enough?

i mean that is really scary putting all my damage source on my summon which cannot be buffed with the thauma circles.

Basically because thauma 2/3 also has great SPR scaling to its buffs, so your build would be fluid.

But yeah, you can do something like Wiz Pyro 2 Thauma 2/3 Sorc 2/3 (+ Enchanter if you decided for both sorc and thauma at rank 2, whose Enchant Lihgtning also scales with SPR). This is more of a buffer build with Pyro and Sorc as damage dealers. But seriously, the amount of damage you and your party will be getting via magic/physical attack buffs from Thauma (as well as shrink attributes) is quite insane.

Yes that one is a good one I’d recommend for summon oriented builds.

That also works well, but you’d want Pyro3Sorc2Warlock2 or Pyro2Sorc3Warlock2. Warlock 2 is necessary to make warlock good.

Thauma3 buffs with full spr give about 2k matk with rod/mace+dagger, I think. Thauma1 buff about 400matk.

Thau got buffed heavily with some of the more recent patches. With ThauC3, maxed attributes and full SPR build, you gain about 2.5k magic attack from buffs (closer to maybe 1k before) which is also shared with your entire party. The INT from Swell Brain also boosts your summon damage a little (as it still scales off INT+SPR, even if SPR gives more now). The main draw of Thau/Sorc build, though, is that you can put everything into SPR to maximize summon damage without losing too much of your own damage. Your summon acts as a steady stream of DPS and a distraction to keep monster aggro off you, and from there you can concentrate on buffing/debuffing and using your other skills to deal additional damage.

It’s more of a supportive/party-oriented build IMO, so you won’t be dealing super insane damage on your own, but it’s an effective build for casual solo play as well as grinding in a party.

Sorc/Warlock always sounded like a fun combo to me… I’d say go for it. Sorc2 is all you need for Sorc right now since C3 is really meh, so you could go Wiz1/Pyro or Cryo3/Sorc2/Warlock2. I see lots of Cryo/Sorc since you can use Frost Pillar to draw in large groups of mobs for your summon to attack.

Also…

There’s more discussion on this in the Sorcerer Megathread, but summons are still being tweaked and Strike-AA summons are looking more appealing lately. Helgacircle/Mirtis/Rexipher seem to be on par with TS in various ways from what I’ve heard? Hopefully in the future more rebalances will be given to card summons to make them more equal in strength vs TS being the only decent card that’s easy to get a hold of.