Tree of Savior Forum

Somekind of skill usage sequence thing..?

(long intro lol the suggestion starts at the bold text)

Sry I’m not sure what to call it… if it falls under macro or not… or if its possible to make it or not… or ppl would support it or not at all because it would make some stuff easier…

But while I’m trying to make some of my chars during the reset event… well I feel like there are too much skills… some of my chars are rly easy to use but with some… I just don’t know how to handle so many skills. Especially those with horrible cd-s and durations.

I’m playing with controller and there were already suggestions about giving it more combinations…that would help a lot too because I don’t like to use set2… I only put stuff there that i use more rarely… but my suggestion is a bit different now… what also would make some skill usage easier.

So the suggestion is to be able to make skill sequences in 1 skill slot. Nothing auto but the abilty to use more than 1 skill with the same button one after another. Maybe just 2 skills…maybe more…
So there could be a window for it where the skill slots would be showed in a list and next to them there would be slots where you could put your skills in in a sequence.

When used a skill and it goes to cd it immediately would change to the next skill in the sequence. Like you used Split Arrow for example 5 times it would turn into Oblique Shot then when you used it 5 times too it would turn back to Split Arrow again.

Also it could be made even more complicated that whenever the cd on the first skill finished it will turn back to that. That could be toggle option too actually…

Or that you could make more complicated sequences with overheats like Split-Oblique-Split-Oblique-Split-Split…

It would help with the problem of too much skills… also with buffing… some skill usage would be easier… I also think aspd skills could be better (unless it would make skill usage lagier…) because even if I have more than one aspd skills it is not that fast as it was with the 0cd split arrow with 1 button… I think actually the idea was born sometime when that “nerf” happened and it just wasn’t the same anymore… I don’t even have scout anymore…

There could be restrictions for sure…but even if I could just put 2 skills on 1 slot with this it would mean a lot…

I don’t know if ppl would be against it or not…if they would then sry I just have a mental breakdown with one of my chars… :tired: I would also want rank 11 to happen too for selfish reasons XD…but that’s also a scary future for me.

1 Like

lazyness !

/20characters

1 Like

which part? being lame with too many skills is not the same as lazyness… at least call me what I am lol…

can I have an image of your skill slots…

I support this idea, could also make for some cool combo skill slots for swordsmen in particular. (Like Pull Rete-> Bash -> Dagger Finish or something all in one hotkey for example)

To add to this, maybe a system or even just attributes that let you cast several skills or OH at the same time like for example:

• Drop all 5 OH of fireball at once
  • Cast all swell buffs at once
  • Summon all 1 min cd summons at once (devil, salamion, skull soldier, skull archer)
  • 2 Owls, Laima and Zemyna Statues in one cast
  • Sapper Traps

I don’t think any of these would make them OP, but it will definitely be a QoL improvement.

EDIT: some might be better disabled in TBL tho, like the summons

I could only show my chaplain right now that is full on set 1. you would maybe judge my poor life choices too on some classes xDDD… The problem is with me I guess… that I’m lame to use set 2…

But I had to drop appraiser from my archer build for example because I couldn’t handle it… so it’s just archer 2… But also it is not just about the skill slots… My chaplain is actually more usable because it has long duration buffs… But when I have 20 skills and all of them have horrible duration or all are active attack/debuff skills and I should use all of them… I get lost even on set 1…

My archer will have full set 1 too btw on rank 10 anyway… Also right now (because I fixed my archer dropping appraiser…) I have problem with my nak muay matador… but it is on reset right now so maybe I’ll fix it with dropping some skills…

I also think my idea could be restricted to just 2-3 sequences that would still be horribily useful for me… Even if just 2 skills all…

I also wouldn’t mind a working capella on my chaplain tho… xD

I actually think that’s too far :smiley: I coudl imagine soemthing like that on a master class maybe…
I never understood the 5 oh fireball tho… Does anyone have time to put those down ever? :smiley: I only tried a fireball build once tho and not for too long.

Yes! I’ve been thinking about this all week.
As a keyboard user, too many skills, and not enough close to where my fingers are.
Could just be called a combo system, 2-3 skills in one slot.
It’d make my Swordsman/Archer skill management less of a nightmare.

1 Like

I asked for an image not your life story :confounded:

also, for the record I nether agree nor disagree with the suggestion…

Even my bad jokes get flag, show that my sweetness is someone else salt :smile:

This is my kabba it is a farmer char so not that important but it will have a sad future too when i want an exo circle as my rank 10… xD

That is a quite good name for it. :smiley:

you use controls that way I cant see you full skill slots like whats on the other 2 sets

EDIT: My Kaba skill sluts…

There is nothing much there I said I’m bad with set 2. :smiley: Fade, Teleport Statue (doesn’t rly matter), Potions (I hate that’s on set 2 tho) and I was thinking of getting the bokor invul skill…but I never rly use it so maybe I forget it…

And I will have 3 exo skills that I don’t know yet how to solve to be comfortable. I have an idea in my mind now tho…

I know it is still not much on set 2…but I don’t like the mechanic itself how I have to change to the other set… I think i could more easily adapt to having r1+l2 and l1+r2 combinations what was suggested before than this set2 thing…

It kinda reminds me the good old times in ragnarok with my priest with battle mode… I think I still had less skills tho xD I would maybe be better with mouse mode… but I like the movement controls with controller more… so nothing’s rly good for me rn… XD

An interesting arrangement of skill fornicatresses.

Have you ever considered putting long lasting buffs in a nice arrangement of 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. As i can see you have monstrance and foresight on one row, arcane might and aspersion on the other and blessing and sacrament on the 3rd. Is there a reason for that?

Ontopic: sounds like a suggestion for an addon. But then there might be some latency-related problems. On top of that a sequence of skills is an automation no matter how you look at it. Although if it is made like chain/combo system in Tera Online - there shouldn’t be any legal problems.

I have each character set differently base on finger distance, combo and use…

for example, my kaba skills are set by distance and use, the ones I use the most are closest to WASD (make a circle with finger around WASD keys) and the ones I least use are on top row and on the right edge… (though I need to flip T and Y since am kind of limiting counter to bosses now)…

it’s mostly muscle memory, is why my pots are on K > far from accidental click and skills

after rank 10 am prob pushing 6 up > H to 6 and Flip R and H wit new skill taking R

I don’t think I would want it as an addon…:smiley: It has to be an official something or rather nothing.

I remember playing some games that had built in macros in it… I wouldn’t rly want something that even casts my skills automatically and I think those had that… what is weird. I simply want to be able to more easily go through some skills… So it is rly close to combo-chains…

I rly think aspd skills would make more sense too if you could use them faster. Maybe at least those should get somekind of combo thing.

If this isn’t lazy then idk what it is

Is using multiple buttons that difficult ? Jesus

If you’re given a toothpick to stir a cup of coffee it’s good to ask for a spoon

Please no automated/macro features in the game. For things like Pyromancers fireballs, they could always create interesting C3 attributes like turns your 5 OH into a single cast that’s a larger more powerful fireball, or a swoll Owl statue (jojo poses included).

but please, no automated features in the game, ugh.

2 Likes

Maybe not for you but it is for some and don’t act like we are talking about 2-3 buttons… I realised that I somewhat can handle the first set of controller what is already 20 skills…

Also it wouldn’t turn into a 1 button game. I said it could have limits/restrictions… Also if you think about it… You definitely couldn’t put every skill in a sequence with each other… The cd/durations-s are already limiting it.

Well I said nothing automated. If you feel like this is automated too…maybe I see somewhat what you mean but I don’t agree with it. It wouldn’t be like a macro imo. You still have to push the buttons the same times just less of them what would make it easier to handle and free up some space on the skill bar.

Also if still more ranks will come I think more and more ppl will understand what I’m talking about… Maybe I just have to wait a bit more.

Next thing you guys will ask for, is auto-battle…
Seriously, what makes a player better than another is actually discovering how to combo their skills, how to rotate them, the timing in which they have to be casted, etc. So, just adapt to keyboard/mouse mode if you aren’t good with dealing with too many skills on controller (which is reasonable), or switch to a build that has less skills and is simpler to handle. I’m kind of an average player, so if I notice a build isn’t suited to my “skills”, I will just change. I won’t ask that the game is modified to my own unique needs…

1 Like

so much miscommunication.

OP just wants a feature where you can hotkey all the skills lined up in your Q-W-E into just Q-Q-Q. It’s nothing automated, it’s just having more depth on each hotkey. You guys see the word combo and you suddenly lose your minds

3 Likes