Tree of Savior Forum

Somekind of skill usage sequence thing..?

Well I do and I don’t think there is anything wrong with it. Just because I suggest something it doesn’t mean it will make it into the game. Even if a lot of ppl would agree with it the devs can say no… I think sometimes ppl afraid to suggest good things because there are so much negativity in the forums…

I get what you say tho but don’t know… I still think there are unreasonably too much skills in this game in some builds. Like kabbalist with the 2 number skills. If I could put them on 1 button I should just sometimes push the button once and sometimes twice…
I don’t think if you could make 2-3 sequences at most with limited 2-3 skills that would be that game breaking.

It’s just the same if all you have to do is spam one key to do (almost) everything
It’s also unfair compared to users who wouldn’t do this, also some classes

Imagine PVP with a feature like this, it would be even worse : everyone would just be spaming 1 key all the time and it’ll be “Whoever press es the key first wins”

Seriously, you guys just need to get good, a lot of games are already like this, and it’s never been such a big deal : the more you play the better you get, and whenever you unlock new skills you just get rid of old ones, or find a way to add them to your “combo” (or whatever you wanna call it)

Being able to use your skills properly is what makes the difference in PVP (and i guess PVE content when it’s difficult)

Also, yes, we are losing our minds when we see dumb stuff like this, because the game is already easy enough (RNG =/= difficulty while i’m at it), getting rid of the only part of the game that requires a little bit of skill is not okay

If all 3 skills lets you wipe everything on screen (oh hey, wizards can do that already !), then yes, it is game breaking, and totally unfair

I don’t see how this feature would change anything mechanically?

Please explain how pressing QWERTYUIOP takes more skill in casting all the thauma enchanter buffs available compared to just pressing QQQQQQQQ until you have all the 5 min buffs in your arsenal.

Also please explain how pressing QWE to do your swordsman killer combo any more skillful than pressing QQQ to do the same? If you’re going to say it does, then you probably also believe that using a keyboard is unfair against those using controllers?

You still need to arrange your “combos” depending on your build and playstyle anyway, and it’s going to be your problem if you suddenly need to use the 3rd skill you put in Q but you didn’t put it anywhere else in your hotkeys.

In the long run, having a simpler hotkey layout would benefit ToS. Add in more classes and ranks and you’re going to have to figure out a way to do this anyway, what OP is suggesting makes perfect sense already at this point in the game.

Cause they can’t do that now? XD They wouldn’t even need this feature at all… Also it could be limited in so many other ways too… like only some skills could be put in chains not all of them… We could call them combo or chain skills maybe.

I’m also not sure if you are playing with a class that would need it at all… Some classes are easy to use I agree…but I like to play with diefferent classes and some of them are not in that good shape imo.

These two contradict each other, that is exactly what a macro does; it removes several actions with the press of one button. Once you step into this territory then you need to ask yourself where you draw the line to what is acceptable and what is not, its a very gray area.

Personally I find this games pve too easy since its mostly balanced around just gear, I don’t want it even easier by making it so I need to focus even less than I already do on a good chunk of content.

I do agree that button bloat can be problem for some classes, mostly because of buffs and utility skills, but it shouldn’t get too much worse anymore seeing as Rank 11/12 is probably nearing the end of rank progression.

I would suggest trying to get more comfortable with the second set on your controller, its what I’ve done since Rank 8 since I play some classes that have quite a few skills.

Then how come some games, like FFXIV, where it has a well fleshed out rotation for most classes have such a huge skill disparity between players. Look at the difference between 10 percentile and 99 percentile players, It’s almost always because their rotations are really slow, unoptimized or they accidentally break their combo, by removing this removes a huge factor to skill, this is a fact.

FFXIV is a game with tight cooldown rotations and skills with greater impact to the overall flow of combat. Combat mechanics are also on a whole other level in that game. Not maximizing your dps rotation there means failing a DPS check and wiping the party, or mismanaging your taunt or survival or heal skills means someone might die unexpectedly and cause a wipe.

For ToS I’d agree with you if each skill rotation was actually worth 5-6 slots in the hotkey bar, but usually builds involve tons of skills you just dump 1 point into which just happen to sometimes be worth a little more than auto attacks.

EDIT:
Anyway the discussion on whether or not having a different arrangement to how skills can be inputted being related to “skill level” or something that affects the gameplay experience is already a matter of opinion. For me what makes a player better is if they know which skills to use and when, not the manner in which they can input these skills.

Someday tho we’re gonna get ToS mobile with full blown auto combat so I guess people better brace for that.

2 Likes

My english is not good enough I guess to express myself clearly but that’s not a contradiction at all. If you have a skill on Q and one on W. You push Q then W you pushed the buttons 2 times. With my suggestion the 2 skills would be on the same button… let’s say Q… You have to push Q twice to execute the first skill then the other… that’s still 2 times but you only use 1 button for it.

I don’t know if it is macro too tho… For me macro is a thing that automatically casts the skills too in the given sequence and this one doesn’t. But as I said I’m not sure what’s “macro” is exactly used for…so maybe it is still that.

I also agree and see how it could affect how much skill you need… but I can only repeat myself I think with the right restritions it wouldn’t be as game breaking as some of you imagine it.

Well yeah I will try to do that anyway. I think I would be fine with keyboard+mouse but movement and manual evasion is rly bad with keyboard or at leats for me… I could try to get use to that too…but I still rather choose to try to get better with controller X)…

You totally understand how I feel… For some classes it’s not just about space on the skill bar but because of the horrible durations and cooldowns I feel like it is close to impossible to get a good skill rotation.

You can only try to drop some skills or a whole class like I did with appraiser…and I don’t think that’s good because that can kill off some key elements of your build… Sometimes I see and agree its easy and you just shouldn’t use your lame R1 skill…but sometimes it is not that clear imo

You mean similar to how Earth Tower and Solmiki was for a while? Having to communicate for Pass to maximize damage with your group and such. We need more content similar to how ET/Solmiki was, but now with how powercreep is, I don’t know if its possible.

I know, these are different games, but the point still stands, removing or easing the skill cap is not something I want to see in an already easy game… but I respect both your and Ayalons opinion.

No technically it wouldn’t be a macro then, I understand what you are saying. I still disagree with what you are suggesting, but I’m not COMPLETELY against it I suppose… I’d just rather not have it, I still stand by my previous post to Kihseki, which is what you were suggesting then.

2 Likes

Not really sorry but

AHK

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.