Tree of Savior Forum

Some questions with schwarzer reiter build

So first of all, obviously the meta for SR is ranger or appraiser or rogue.

What I don’t understand is why not QS3? I know limacon allows you to attack while moving at regular speed. But according to description, running shot increases attack speed and additional damage. With lower cool down and longer duration, wouldn’t it be better than steady aim?

How do you guys properly use retreat shot? I just played SR3 today and retreat shot is so hard to manipulate unless running against a wall. Is it good to max concentrate fire and wild shot instead? Those 2 are decent skills but i dont see alot of people maxing them.

And also, what is the ideal choice for R9. I saw someone suggested hackapell long long time ago, not sure if anyone tested already.

I had A2-QS3-SR3 before, and sadly Running Shot doesn’t work with Limacon. It seems like Running Shot only increase attack on mainhand. The only thing I get from using both Running Shot and Limacon at the same time is the animation change from using pistol as attack to crossbow (as long as Running Shot is active) even though I press the C button.

As for using retreat shot properly, I use one of the following:
a) I have mouse with 4 extra buttons, 2 of them I use to replace the sub-weapon attack © and macro for posing (like Alt+Shift+2 for saying thanks with thank you pose). Delete the text, but keep the pose on (in the macro menu [F8]). Now, every time I activate retreat shot, I just run backwards while pressing sub-weapon attack and repeatedly press the macro. The delay from “thank you” animation makes me glitch and move slower that makes retreat shot more effective. If you don’t have mouse with extra button, you can always change one of the macro short-cut to something else (button V for example).

b) Use oblique shot while running backwards on retreat shot (can only be used 5 times because of the overheat).

c) Run against the wall (like you said).

D) Just run around the enemies. Not as effective as above but can still doable (sometimes I use this on when fighting boss and there are no walls).

Oblique shot seems to be the best choice.
It’s ironic token is actually detrimental to this skill (move speed increased)

With Retreat shot just run in a circle on the enemy hitbox, hits them every time. Also limacon is more powerful (At least for me). My build is A2 R2 Appraiser SR3 BM1

Retreat shot works while you auto attack too, also learn to “stutter step” with retreat shot if you must(tap the movement key)

May i ask why BM?
Some of the AoE of BM needs dismount, and i dont believe dual gun stance can be used while mounted?

1 Like

for silver bullet buff and tase, FMJ for single target… In the end it’s personal preference…

I suggest you take Rogue 2 for SR3 build rather than appraiser.
with 3x werewolf card equip, your damage could be double compare to using appraiser overestimate.

You could go the crit debuff build: app-Sr3-Hacka.

becoz sr3 don’t need anything from qs3

sr3 already moving with max speed with 100% uptime

i use retreat shot whenever its cooldown ready or at melee dogfight

one reason that make retreat shot great is it can use with limacon

it will end up by using limacon aa and moving around mob while retreat shot being extra aoe damage

hackapell for more mobility, isn’t limacon+retreat shot while spliting hella fun

bm for extra damage or nuke

I only take the skills that can be used while mounted.

OK so far people suggested BM and hackapell for R9, any other suggestion?

I’m leaning more toward hackapell since it is a mounted class after all.

These are what I have for skills. Yeah, I don’t have any on the skills that requires dismounting. But I do so much damage as it is.

Nice!
But is tase lv5 needed? Higher level increases the damage for each hit or just the initial hit?

My tase is level 4. FMJ is lvl 1 since it already surpasses my blindside modifier which is at 1814%

Still. I would have assumed tase lv1 is enough.
I dont understand FMJ and blindside modifier thing. Can you please explain?

Basically, I’m broken.