Tree of Savior Forum

Some questions about Chronomancer buffs and minions

I’m a big fan of summon classes that use minions as their main damage source while stand behind their minions to enhance and support them with buff and debuff.

I planned to pick both Sorcerer and Necromancer but since I found out Chronomancer’s quicken can boost sorcerer’s demon DPS, I couldn’t stop having desire to this class.

My future build if Chronomancer have good synergy with minions: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/1bthqzkhxb/

Current plan: Wiz C1 > Pyro C1 > Linker C1 > Linker C2 > Sor C1 > Sor C2 > Necro C1 > Necro C2 > Sorcerer C3 > Linker C3 > Necro C3

Unfortunately I can’t find out any video that show both Chronomancer and Sorcerer in a character due they are high rank classes, so it would be nice if someone can confirm these questions:

-Does Quicken and Haste affect necromancer’s minion?

-How effective is lvl 5 Quicken on minions/demon? (Including Crit boost attribute)

-Sorcerer C2+Chronomancer C1 -VS- Sorcerer C3, Which one is better?? (since Sor’s C3 skills pretty suck atm :frowning: )

-Is Back masking a skill of C2 Chronomancer? Since Nexon homepage show it on circle 2 but TOSbase skill simulator show it on circle 3: http://tos.nexon.com/gameinfo/jobview.aspx?classid=2008 , I want this skill in my build because of multi drop from bosses

http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=213
Q) I saw Chronomancer’s skill which restores the past time. Then
is it possible to revive the friends who are dead? What about the
items that we acquired before we restore the time? How about the
monsters which are dead? Do they resurrect?

A) First of all, this skill can’t be used often since some time needs to
be passed in order to use this skill again. However, if there were dead
friends or monsters, they will resurrect. The items that you acquired
before you restore the time will remain even if you restore the time.
You can understand it as in Sci-Fi movies where the main character who
go to the past using time slip still has a cell phone or other things in
his/her pocket which are not possible to be existed in the past.

1 Like

Any buff works on minions.

Not that effective, lvl 10 is much more preferrable.

Sorcerer c3 sucks, don’t bother. But that doesn’t make Sorcerer c2+Chronomancer c1 any better.
Chronomancer is best to take at least at c2. Quicken lv 5 won’t give much impact and you wouldn’t want to miss Haste.

TOSBase might have not update it, but I think it’s a C2 skill.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for answers!!! :grinning:

So Thaumaturge’s Swell left arm and Swell right arm work as well???

According to my friend who played Wizard, they work, even though the description said the buffs only work for our party member. I guess those summons also count as party members?

1 Like

And do reincarnate works on summoned monsters aswell? :o

You mean those that are summoned from quests? Yup it works.

1 Like

That also would be a question eventually xD

But i meant the ones from summoner and necromancer

Oh. Sadly, no it doesn’t since reincarnate only works on enemies. Maybe you can revive summons using Back Masking (IF ITS NOT BROKEN :rage:)

And how do you plan on reaching Rank 11?

Wasn’t it mentioned in a patch note that back Masking was moved to C3 when Rank7 was introduced?
Or some time after it dunno.

Confirmed. Did a bit of looking through the patch notes and found this
12 December 2015 kTest

I wouldn’t really trust the Nexon website at the moment since it’s quite outdated with wrong circle placing in some skills such as Hold, Attack Ground, Morph, Riding in rank 1 than 2 for Sorcerer & some other stuff.

1 Like
  1. Wiz C1 > Pyro C1 > Linker C1 > Linker C2 > Sor C1 > Sor C2 > Necro C1
  2. Grind, farm,…wait until rank 8/9 release
  3. If puppeteer look promising then pick it at rank 8/9, if not then step 4.
  4. Keep follow the path untill reach the highest rank,** priority:** sorcerer C3> linker C3> necromancer C3 (unless IMCgames bring something cool for Necromancer then it could swap with linker C3)

So many classes, so few ranks :sob:

I still believe rank 11 is not enough for lvl cap 600

It’s all part of their plan to make you create more characters for more builds, and then you buy more space for characters.

I don’t think Thaumaturge’s buff work on summon :confused:

I see.
My friend who was playing a Chronomancer could use Haste and Quicken to Sorcerer’s boss summon, but not sure of Necromancer. Summon @nopihina

I still wonder how effective crit attribute work on summon, I remember temple shooter have very high crit rate ( IMC!!! Plz nerf this card and buff the others :frowning: ).

If Quicken actually give 25% more crit chance then Chronomancer C1 isn’t really bad for Sorcerer C2.

Quicken attribute is +25% critical rate base on target critical rate status.

^
Yep! That would be awesome for temple shooter

With slighty increase attack speed and more crit for double damage.

But it’s pretty sad that I haven’t see any summon that have crit attack except sorcerer’s demon :frowning: . Does necromancer’s tentacle monster crit ?

Trust me. Chrono C1 does not add much value to your summon’s DPS. Better to go at C2 at least as it gives Haste (best skill ever) and Quicken gives a more noticeable difference in the attack speed.

ofc I would love to pick C2 Chronomancer.

I just want to know how effective it is, but look like I have to wait for Sorcerer and Necromancer reach circle 2 before pick 2 circles for Chronomancer.

Kind of sad that I have to sacrifice C3 linker and C3 Necro, spiritual link is OP tho. Meanwhile Chronomancer’s Back masking is on circle 3.

idk if Chronomancer would be a right choice for my summon build, but I surely know it would be fun to have Chronomancer buffs on my minions. It’s pleased me to see my buffs could offer something useful to my minions and teammate. I love summon and support.