Tree of Savior Forum

[SOLVED] Should not ban new customers, then not even tell them the exact reason why

My Responses after I inquired why I could not log in, the only thing I can think of is the add-ons or people reporting me cause I had rank 1 spot for achievements as a new player.
Anyways my feedback is have better support response tell people more information then vague stuff and maybe E-mail someone when you ban them so they don’t go asking around as a new player looking like a fool and then having me feel stupid cause I thought I was just having a error but in reality I was banned for a reason not known to me.
(OF course I will have monster kills I’m questing to level)

1 Like

They don’t ban people because of addons and they will make an announcement if an addon is known to be giving unfair advantages to the player - that is, unless you were doing something you shouldn’t, then there will be most likely no notice.

There’s no reason at all for be banned for that. Unless you used abusive means to achieve that.

IMC had false-positives in the past and removed their bans. Honestly, it’s hard to get guilty people banned, lmao.

I’m not accusing you of being guilty in any way but if a player is banned due to using any form of cheats most companies won’t disclose details for a few reasons. These are the main ones:
-> First: If you’re doing something wrong you know you’re doing something wrong. There’s no need for anyone to tell you that you did it. That is, if you did something wrong, if you didn’t, this doesn’t applies.

-> Second, and most important: Details leaks important data, especially if you somehow was caught by automated systems. The less information leaked the better.

Also, they did tell you that you violated the terms of service/EULA of the game.

And that can only mean: You did something you’re were not supposed to; or something in your computer made you do something you were not supposed to; or the servers or a GM detect you were doing something you were not supposed to; or someone else were using your account and they did something they were not supposed to; or you have something you’re not supposed to have in your ToS folders; or someone in your network with the same IP might have did something they were not supposed to (although I think you’d only get an IP ban [and not account ban] and would have the sanctions removed after sending the ticket).

Additionally, being a new player or old player shouldn’t matter at all for the procedures.

In any case, since tickets didn’t work I doubt your post alone will, in this section.

Given the circumstances it’s highly likely that you did something but if you really didn’t try PM’ing or tagging @STAFF_Letitia or @STAFF_Yuri if they can review your case one more time.

If you’re on the wrong side though… IMO you shouldn’t even try to push this matter anymore. They have the same information as the people answering tickets have and that means they have the details of what you were doing in log files along with the time, channel and everything before and why and when the account restriction was applied.

ive been in the game for 2 years. and still i dont know how to use addons and acheivement mechanics :tired:

but if you are using addons that makes it a disadvantage to other players. and they report you for that. i’m pretty sure you know you’re doing something wrong ‘w’;;

tbh i find boss detector addons to be a form of unfairness. especially when people dont share it to others (who don’t use such addons) while knowing they’re hunting for it as well

boss detector stop working years ago.

Most of the available addons are simply QoL addons. (Some which IMC finally implement into their game).

@lostsaja1990 where you using the other “addon” H___64?

if that is so, then i guess there’s something that makes other players defeat a field boss the second it spawns

i also have a friend who recently has a boss detector addon though

Thats the paty-annoucement one. It indicates the location of the boss to your party if you walk near it. (Same way as clover-finder mob)
The original boss detector is something more dirty. They changed the code to prevent addons from obtaining the boss location the moment it spawns.

Field boss are only 3 maps. 2 maps if you know last spawn. They usually take a few skill hits from funded player to kill. There are ppl known to be using desync-speed bug to roam maps.

@Ersakoz

That’s all the addons I have installed. I just installed what my friend said was fine

Yes these are fine and have been around for a long time.Should not be the cause for your ban.

@STAFF_Letitia Please review this poor soul

why are people reporting you though?

@Ersakoz, i dont think it worked that way with the players ive seen (i also know how the party announcing addon works). since ive also encountered bots that exactly knows where it is located that i followed it to find the boss. and the way it traveled is very uncanny that it didn’t made a wrong turn to get to the boss’s location. i also check the number of players in that area and there is only 3 of us. one stationary bot that checks the announcement. and the bot that hunts it. both are nowhere near the boss location i followed the hunterbot to.

maybe @LunarRabbit can clarify on this.
It was last known that IMC changed the code for boss spawning. Boss do spawn in a certain locations , like its not 100% random. That same few spots time to time

1 Like

im actually hunting the boss before these players decided to hunt them during the new card update. i assure you they are randomly spawned. though if talking about spawning on same few spots. the location of the boss at that time is not in those locations

@skonryu I’m not sure cause the night before I logged out I was proud I hit rank 1 with almost 15,000 achievement points from my questing and making sure to kill every mob 80 times. I thought about what I could have done wrong and the only two things was add-ons or I went from rank 16 to rank 1 really fast.
Unless Buying TP was wrong. I do know I got really lucky and I have a Froster Lord lvl 10 due to rare chance.
I had found a album in a place I was killing for gear and I asked for help with it, a nice person named Jollyroger helped me and 99night. We talked a bit and then 99night summoned a bunch of albums and I asked what card was good he said temple shooter, It then spawned and I was really happy I got lucky. Then he summoned another album and it was a froster lord. I had a level 10 enhancement card which I didn’t know at the time was good cause I got it from a cube from tp market. Jolly roger then instructed me how to skill reset and then enhance my new treasure to level 10. Other then that I’v only had a few encounters with other players Tavillian who is my friend. Jollyroger who is also my friend and helps me out, Purpleknight who teach me more about the game and my rare encounter with 99night who summoned a bunch of albums and was really nice and helpfull to me cause I couldn’t trade at the time. I only had my trade restrictions lifted recently like last night it’s why I was so happy to wake up and play this morning to see it was telling me server maintenance. I ask on forums what is going on they tell me I may be banned. I put a ticket into technical support.

They tell me I break Terms of service so then I ask myself what I do wrong someone tell me to get staff attention so now I know it’s a ban I try make ticket for ban appeal to find out what I did wrong.

3 Likes

i guess let’s get @STAFF_Letitia’s attention for this matter then ‘w’/

Do I just type
@STAFF_Yuri “Please look into this please”
@STAFF_Letitia “Please Look into this please”

I’m not going to enter details but I remember some very old talks in the previous addon discord which would make it possible for the bots to be accurate. I’m not sure if the game behavior is changed or not, there’s also other methods that should work in theory. All I can say here is that all the current ways I can think would imply very illegal means of doing that.

It wouldn’t be a stretch to assume IMC would also ban the main account if you report them given the obviously abuse the methods would imply, for gaining advantage to the main account :thinking:

@lostsaja1990 just by curiosity. From what server are you?

1 Like

@LunarRabbit Orsha, I had a toon on another one very long time ago but I logged in for a few seconds and decided not to play, it was only recently I gave the game a chance under friend recommendation and I actually enjoyed it

Hello, I will review the situation and contact @lostsaja1990 directly once I’m done.

5 Likes

Everyone that helped me out thank you very much, It looks like it was a mix up of IP,s I will be heading to bed but the problem has been resolved and I look forward to Playing again in the morning when I wake up!
Thanks to everyone that assisted and talked to me.

@Ersakoz @skonryu @LunarRabbit @STAFF_Letitia

4 Likes

That’s nice! Glad to hear it. :grinning:

Generally MMO companies don’t like to share their reasons for a ban because it helps people who create illegal software to learn more about how to avoid being detected, Idk if this is IMC’s reason for not sharing but I imagine it is.

I understand this but honestly I agree with you. Punishing someone without telling them why is wrong, sometimes people make mistakes in their judgements, but more importantly you can’t expect any improvement from someone if they don’t know what they did wrong, and if you don’t want them to improve then what is even the point of punishing them, spreading cruelty?

In any case good luck yo, I hope you get the information you’re looking for.

3 Likes