Tree of Savior Forum

Solutions to fix the beta key distribution problem

We’ve all been waiting for the beta to come. Sadly it is limited to 5000 players only.
Since the keys will be randomly distributed to 5000 people out of 8400 users (current registered users count at 07/28/2015, 07:57 PM GMT +1) and the number is rising by every hour that passes, our chances of getting a beta key will go down drastically. This numbers are caused by users who sign up on multiple accounts to give theirselves an advantage of obtaining a key.

Let’s say we hit 20.000 accounts by friday, 31th of july.
Your chance of getting a beta key will only be 25%.

So here are my solutions to this problem:

1. Give those players that registered on this site before the anouncement of the news update (!!!) a free 100% guaranteed key. Up until the news anouncement, there were less than 2000 users registered at this site. So this means we would still have 3000+ keys left which can still be distributed randomly to those that registered after the news anouncement of the international beta.

2. Force every user to confirm his/her beta key by email within 12 hours. If the user does not confirm his beta key, he will lose it and it will be immediately assigned to someone else.

3. Some people share an internet connection (like if they have siblings or other persons who try to play the game from the same connection). As such, allow only a maximum of 3 (three) sign ups from the same IP address and remove everything that’s above that number from the beta key distribution process.

I hope you agree with me on these points.

Cheers,

Rez

33 Likes

I think this is a good solution.

Please stop… there are already so many threads and all of these were suggested multiple times already and if they will do any of it, they already will. They don’t need any more threads.

5 Likes

I feel like most people (including myself) thought there was not really much of a point to “log on” on the forums or website. It doesn’t mean that we all haven’t been following it. I’ve checked it every day for the past month to try and catch any kind of news of the test as soon as possible. If I had known we would’ve been required to log on to try and get a key I would’ve done it a long time ago just in case. Gladly they are giving us another couple of days. It would be unfair to a lot of people that way.

8 Likes

I’m sure they’re going to pick via IP Address. That’s why they’re requiring you to login with an account in the first place. So that they will find out which one has 2 accounts or more.

Please re-read my original post.
My idea does not exclude you from the beta key distribution process.
There would still be 3000+ keys left.

2 Likes

It’s not a fix if it generates a new set of problems for other people.

Less whining, more praying.

3 Likes

Say that again when we hit 20.000 registered users.

what if suddenly it becomes 10k beta keys, surprise!! :scream_cat:

ahaha btw its a good idea but im among those who logged in after the news :sweat_smile: i hope i got one cuz i only have 1 account

2 Likes

hurrrrr, pls gib me 1st. then i dont care about anyone else
me pls me pls me pls if i dont get it , it doesnt fair ; _ ; durrrrr

if you want a guaranteed beta access, then hop on the github and stop whining

2 Likes

10k keys would also mean 10k online players.
I don’t know if the servers are ready to handle that amount of players yet, but it would definitely be worth testing.

+1

1 Like

To be honest, those aren’t bad. I’m slightly against first one, because everyone should have equal chance of getting it, even if they’re late to the party. Remaining two are very good, but second could be very hard to implement, assuming they’re Steam keys.

i can hear my pyromancer is calling my name…LMAO… in my dream :satisfied:

1 Like

imc only cares if there will be enough people testing the game
and we care if we can get into it
so probably imc wont do anything about it as long as the number of people testing it are sufficient

1 Like

You sir speak with truth. Imc havent seen the eng community that much and we cant hope to get more keys cause they dont even knowbif the servers will keep up with more than 5k players. I really dont want to make multiple accounts but on the other hand i dont want to be left without a beta key.

What should we trully do?

12 hours is a bit too short, what if my PC randomly explodes? I need some time to get new one!

As for the rest, totally agree.

its fine if ur pc explodes. i can log in for u. using my account. u just need to give me the code :wink:

I think this is a very good idea.
And i didn’t we were so little, being less than 2k before the annoucement is nothing :frowning:

1 Like

Please just stop, it was already announced by IMC how the official process of the beta keys will be handled, so stop whining and complaining, this beta phase its for testing purposes and reporting bugs. So if you’re not even thinking about testing the game then you dont even deserve a key.

4 Likes

Unless they put at least some kind of IP check, it will just be a race between key-selling sites between who can get most accounts during these last days.