Tree of Savior Forum

Solo survival Priest-Paladin

Hey guys, note that i have never participated in any of the CBT events so far… So here, i have build what seems to be my own imagination for a Solo / support play in TOS, mainly using the Paladin Class as my main play.

I will be heavily counting on the Smite, Conviction and Resist Element for Damage Dealing, and with Restoration, Aspersion and Stone Skin, it should fairly help with my survival when soloing.

i am not sure if this build is good for support as well, but this is purely built for solo till end game.

Please give your feedbacks to improve my build here! Thanks

ps: this build will require me to use dual weapon mode.

If you want survival i would drop deprotected zone for heal + Remove Damage attribute to not allow it to cause damage.
Probably would drop Aspersion for Sacrament and would take 5 points from Smite for Barrier.

The reason i dropped deprotected zone is since you are using pally i would guess you are doing STR/DEX or STR/STA and DZ get better with SPR but with heal you don’t need to depend too much on the Heal aura and i do believe you will take more damage than the aura can keep up even with safety zone.

Barrier can be a life safer if you are in a pinch or taking heavy damage, you can isolate yourself for a small time and use pot or heal or wait a bit for the HP recovery from the aura.

If me, i will drop some point from aspersion for sacrement and mass heal. Mass heal important when ur heal in cd. Barrier is situational skill, good skill to get.

Thanks for the response, and yes, STR + Dex as main stats.

and i have a question regarding Sacrament, is Holy property attribute really important in TOS?
the reason i am not taking it is because i thought it’s just 1 holy property. but if it does make a heavy difference in the attribute i would take out 5 Aspersion for 5 Sacrament

Why do you have lvl 5 Resurrection if it’s mainly a solo build? :smiley: On the other hand I’m struggleing too with my build to get it… XD Because I think it will be quite good on lvl 5 in some parties…

Heal is a MUST for every cleric…

If you plan to have DEX you want that lvl 1 Monstrance.

If we should vote what helps you more Revive or Mass Heal I would vote for Mass Heal. BUT I don’t say that you should put the points from Revive…more like some from Aspersion or Blessing and put some points to Sacrament too. Don’t worry you won’t lose too much damage because as I know Sacrament’s Holy damage part adds to everything too.

I think lvl 1 Barrier can be enough too but I agree it could be helpful enough to get it but I think I would drop that point from Restoration.

What stats do you plan btw?

I wont be partying with this guy, 0/5 heal, 0/10 mass heal seriously?
Death awaits for the whole party if you plan to go dungeon even going solo those 2 are great sustain :skull:

btw restoration increases your heal tiles but for me resist elements is much better due to lack of mdef source

1 Like

I could tell from the build that you were new tbh, don’t worry.

Paladin got buffed quite nicely recently, but it’s only good vs demons and mutants. And while majority of enemies currently fall under that type, there’s also plenty that don’t.

So here’s just tidbits to help you out:

1. Smite & Conviction deal physical damage, and despite paladins quite nice dmg boosts to elemental/magic dmg they are practically incapable of personally benefiting from it.

2. Dual weapon mode isn’t a option for clerics, you either attack with your mainhand or with your offhand. You do get the bonus stats from the offhand ofc.

3. I’d really recommend a different class combination. Especially because now a days cleric should have cleric2 for the healing alone.
    And frankly priest2 isn’t much of a game changer aside of the revive/res.

4. Skill point wise there’s a lot of improvement:

• Always max heal.
  • Always max barrier, it’s probably the best crowd control skill clerics can get.
  • Put at least 1 in conversion, 11s is plenty of duration to turn mobs into allies. (Might be bugged atm though)
  • Take a few points out of restoration to make up for the above.
  • Mass Heal and Sacrament are very good point wise as well, esp for paladin.

Personally i’d say grab a cleric2/diev/paladin3/plague doctor or a Cleric2/Priest2/Paladin3.

lol, yeah, the purpose of sharing this build is to let the experts who have played the game and give insight as to how i can improve my build,

@Wurmheart

Thanks a lot for the tip, i will keep playing with these builds till i get the right one, and hopefully i could join the next CBT and find out myself!

@Ayalon

Well, although i would solo most of my time, but i believe that when it comes to group play, i would be ressing some players when they die, but yeah, you are right though, i should get the Healing as well!

Im trying to build paladin c3. My current build cleric>krivis>diev and im str build. Going to support entire pt is so hard with only heal lvl5. I need constantly spam heal after cd finish. Thats i suggest u get mass heal in case ur heal in cd. Note also not all people play safe. Some people like wiz just going full int (hp 1k-2k only at lvl70) and just going front. Not all pt has tank also. Ur heal will be really low in str build. Sacrament taken for extra hit. When combine with blessing, there will be 4 hit for each atk.

Sacrament gives an additional attack to your auto attacks (so it is like you hit twice with every auto attack but the second attack does not include your auto attacks damage just Sacrament itself). As I said its holy property damage also adds to every hit you make (not that much but something) Also it does not turn your attacks into holy property it just adds a little holy property damage to them.

You can enchance that secondary hit of sacrament btw with elemental damage that equipments give (Arde dagger is the most known. It gives 153 Fire attack and here in TOS that adds to every hit you make so it adds to your auto attacks and the secondary Sacrament attack too) Also Blessing works like that it’s jsut non elemental…but it is also adds to every hit…so it shines with multihit skills.

Stone Skin btw is better with lots of SPR. Maybe it still could give you some Block but maybe those points could find a better place. If you are DEX type you mainly will have evasion instead and Monstrance lvl 1 can help you to enchance it. Monstrance gives 30% + 10 DEX party buff what doesn’t increase with skill lvl.

Just and addition, and correct me if i am wrong here if they removed it, but on iCBT if you want to use the off-hand as i did on my monk, i had an arde dagger on offhand, i had to press Y (controller mode not sure which is for keyb/mouse) to use it and as @Ayalon said, it give a boost on the dagger magic damage.

It’s c for keyboard, and there’s now also 2 shields that offer elemental damage (granted they’re lvl 120/170 so arde is still the earliest option).

Still a bit disappointing we don’t get a manual block for shields.
That and all artifacts get a use as off-hands as well, but i haven’t heard much about them for a while.

Would be neat a manual block, nice to know there is ele damage on shields, other thing i would like to see on pally is threat generation on its attack and a taunt for tanking, i think the class would be a nice tank/off tank.

Why always max [barrier]? The difference between lv 1 and 5 is 80 mdef and 10 sec duration. You already have 100% uptime at lv 1 (50sec duration 40sec cd), so why the need for lv 5?

1 Like

So you can get 20 seconds of dual barrier, helps block or traps enemies with insane ease in most maps if you know what you’re doing.

1 Like

@Wurmheart

Does barrier also works in PVP and Boss? cause if it does, it’s kinda like op
also for PVE, i would almost imagine you will always pop the barrier and just kill off enemies without ever having to receive damage at all, which is damn handy

It doesn’t prevent damage. It prevents entry to the space. Skills with enough range can hit you. My only real concern with the skills is if it prevents entry against players.

• Would it work against movement skills like the falcon from archer carrying them over the barrier?
  • The wiz teleport should work.
  • Would the hoplite leap work?

If you find a spot for your guild’s tower with a really narrow entry (ladders for example), you could protect it pretty well.

i have question for the Blessing skills of the Priest. what does the “Number of hits” means in this regard?

also i have since tweak a number of skills based on what i learn alone in this thread,

here’s my 2nd build for my Priest-Paladin build: im still going to use a dual wield weapon and i still want my auto attack to deal quite the damage ( both MH and OH ) and Stats of STR and DEX

Well it lasts only for that many hits…but… actually even multihit skills count only as 1 for Blessing and as I know even normal attacks with Sacrament’s secondary attack count as 1 together…

So actually you won’t be able to use up all the hits you don’t have to worry about it.

The build is quite okay now I guess… Maybe 3 points from Conversion could go to either Barrier or Resist elements…but I don’t know much about Conversion actually…

I wish i knew, I’ve only seen it in action vs regular mobs so far.

Eka Gim has a decent example of the paladin skills vs mobs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj-6YVUH2Zk