Tree of Savior Forum

So...the new trading rules for non-token users

Oh it’s true!! :3 I understand that it’s a new game, that’s why I’m not complaining about the issues with the server connection, bots, gold seller… the first week was insane!! hahaha but I have patience and I understand, and of course, I always support them… I really like ToS you see

A) not having a token is really not that bad in this game. Have you tried to play swtor? There need to be incentives for users to actually buy tokens. Otherwise, what’s the point? Yes, a system with an entirely cosmetic cash shop works. This game is not like that. It’s not the end of the world.

B) it’s really easy to get a token. They’re pretty cheap. Even if they go up in price to like 1 mil at launch, that’s still attainable relatively easily at higher levels.

I think you guys are forgetting the most important change that differs token-users from non-token users.

well maybe, I’m just worried u.u and I just want the best for the game… I alone cant do anything I know… but, I have read some people who are really really mad with this topic… I hope everything goes well :wink:

And now you can register 10 items instead of 5 xD

[quote=“mrshadowccg, post:29, topic:216330, full:true”]
I think you guys are forgetting the most important change that differs token-users from non-token users.

[/quote]Wait what
Rip my silver, now I’d be spending in bulk.

[quote=“erimusik_cdt, post:30, topic:216330, full:true”]
well maybe, I’m just worried u.u and I just want the best for the game… I alone cant do anything I know… but, I have read some people who are really really mad with this topic… I hope everything goes well :wink:
[/quote]Sorry, if you notice the forum, there’s a lot of brats that don’t listen and some of our attitudes can be really prickly.
Even I mostly like to play around in the forum but some of the whinings are too one-sided so we give some attitude back also.

Please don’t feel offended >.<

Plus it’s really easy to be a player and not notice what’s going on behind the scenes.
Haven’t you seen those ‘IMC y u no fix this, only takes 1 minute and this is more important than the 100000 issues out there’ posts?

So free players can trade items to any other user except themselves… not even with the old restrictions on Team Storage. How about just make everything [Untradable] if you don’t have a Token? Although they also “fixed” untradable materials from being stored, so that’s backwards as hell. It’s account storage, so what’s wrong with putting account-bound items into it?

Free players can still only register one item at a time, right? I’d be happy with 2-3, especially if tokeners get 10. That’s a huge difference, and I wasn’t really hearing too many complaints that you “only” get 5x as many slots with a Token. Either way it’s not many, but still.

I was wondering where the “reduced time for learning attributes” TP item was, since that’s obligatory in F2P mobile facebook idlers, but I was totally not expecting them to just skip the timer entirely. Now I’m just waiting for them to update all the wait times to several hours long.

I rly rly rly dont understand all this token limitation whining, and thats not cuz my terrible english.

A friend of mine started the game without a token, got little level behind (not even 10) till lvl 100 even with us partying all the way down. When he bought the token there’s no more difference and we dont even got attributes cuz nobody got money for that at that point yet.

People claim this token thing as a P2W, but the truth is tokens are cheaper than any low level gear.
I do think its trash play without token benefits, but it doesn’t mean its P2W, cuz you dont realy need to spend a single peny to have it all.

This thing about attribute time is really not that big a deal?

Attributes with long timers don’t have very many levels. I had all of my non-enhance attributes maxed before I hit 100 without a token. The only attributes that take time and have a lot of ranks and are expensive are armor masteries. And like. Oh no? Token users get to spend money faster on their armor masteries if they want?

[quote=“asphidel, post:36, topic:216330, full:true”]
This thing about attribute time is really not that big a deal?

[/quote]Wait is it just token users? Oops didn’t notice.
Well it isn’t a big deal, but I guess it’s no game changer either then.
I thought it was for everyone so I was happy for everyone x.x

Well, you get in and all content is available for free. So it is a F2P game. Just some features are better if you get a token… which you can get with silver.

Did u just say dragon nest? its one of the biggest p2w games ever lo.

Again I come to a topic and again your here attacking people. wtf is your deal?

I agree with him, also please stay on topic.

@Dayze213 :

well…

He’s a tyrant, sociopath , delinquent but definitely not a rebel

• Edit -
    on topic . i’m just waiting for the patch to be done to prove my point once and for all just so i can shut him up .

That’s why you hire market analysts and consultants and whatnot. Sheesh, just watch Extra Credits issues regarding F2P. It’s pretty much in glowing neon there.

You can’t just say “Let’s put some restrictions of everything and make non-paying users suffer”. You just don’t, unless you want to fail miserably.
The moment you decide you want to monetize the ABSENCE of suffering you jump happily off a cliff.

Premium stuff is supposed to be “better than free”, yes. But vast majority of the F2P playerbase is (by default) NOT inclined to buy ANYTHING. They want to play the game, see if it’s enjoyable and then, MAYBE, cough up some cash to make it MORE enjoyable. The moment players face a paywall that says “Pay up or SUFFER” they start looking for another game.

TL;DR: Yes, F2P developers need money. But before that, they need to come up with stuff players would WANT to pay for, not stuff players MUST pay for to make their experience less frustrating. And so far, it’s been going the wrong way with trade restrictions.

1 Like

The 1:1 trading is still obnoxious just considering that one of the cool things to do on MMOs is to help your fellow friends by giving them weaker gears or sharing items you don’t need. Basically you’re making it so that players are on their own in terms of silver or items and can’t receive “any” outside help.

The non-trade item deal without tokens is … odd. I won’t say it’s a horrible thing since it can be worked around and it just means that it’s yours forever once you get it. No big deal actually. But I do feel like it doesn’t help anything either. It certainly isn’t going to stop gold farmers since I doubt money can be considered “non-trade”.

Not being able to use Team Storage without a token is just stupid. You should be able to share things with yourself. Yes even non-trade. It’s really dumb because that’s just obviously being rude and trying to make people buy more tokens. As if there wasn’t already enough incentive. (Which there is) At some point you probably should just take a couple steps back because pushing too hard can turn people off from the concept of the entire game.

There are reasons the people who waited for the game to become F2P have not started yet. You’d be wise to consider that.

1 Like

Making the items non-trading after being sold on the auction or traded isnt that weird. I like it. It keeps the economy going and the demand for certain items will stay in play.

However, i still think a system like WoW has, is also a great solution. The soulbound items. If you find/buy an item, you can re-trade it or w/e u want. But when you USE it, the item becomes soulbound and you will not be able to sell/trade it.

Good thing they are adding this for non token users :slight_smile:

Should be available when servers open.