Tree of Savior Forum

So, PlayOne.Asia is NOT Publisher for Asia/SEA? (edited)

Or maybe IMC’s plan is somehow similar to the take of Blizzard for Heroes of the Storm SEA. Lotsa possibilities on that ambiguous statement. Guess all we can do right now is clarify to IMC that we don’t want a publisher for SEA but rather just a server for SEA.

1 Like

yay …with this, there’s a chance for IMC themselves to publish ToS for SEA …
from what “somewhat different from what is true” thing in …its probably like this instead
playone only host the server while IMC still the publisher?

3 Likes

I do hope that’s the case cause there will be 0 problems if PlayOne has nothing to do with anything in-game related.

While it is most unlikely that PlayOne will just be managing the server “only”, there is still a chance due to how unclear the statement of IMC is. I really really hope staff/GM could enlighten us here, I don’t know how many times I’ve said this now ;/

Agreed. We’re practically crying hard here because it truly is terrible to play a game managed by such SEA publishers who treat their games as cashcows. I’ve been to one myself and it’s truly horrible, the rates of important stuff are really bad and lame. They practically want you to spend hard for a maxed out build.

Imagine if the lowest anvil upgrading chance of 51% would start to degrade by 3-5 percentages from there per level. And that there’s an item that “seemingly improves” that measly chance of upgrading that item. It’s a horror come to life X_X.

What people are going through here is what commonly known as fear of the unknown. And on top of that people are also fearful of SEA games publishers as those that they had not given them good experience in the past.

Although not many here had seen the or even know Playone asia, almost all players here does not want them to be the game publisher as they are still fearful of what had happen to them in the past. It’s a big psychological barrier.

If IMC is looking at this, please take note of the following reasons why and what made them so fearful.

• Pay to win system. All players in the current market detest this sort of system because most felt that it is not fair at all. They keyword here is fairness. No one will want to play an unfair game.

• Expensive cash item needed to do basic things.
    For basic things i’m referring to action which all players must do in high frequency. like selling their item on market. there is a particular game which monetize by making user pay to sell items in the market. This is just an example. The takeaway here is not to “Force” player to pay because they need to. Make them pay because they want to. <---- Important

• Bad payment method.
    These reasons often make those players who wanted to pay felt like it’s a punishment to even pay. Some good example is steam and blizzard paying system.

• Bots & hacks
    This is a game breakers which turn off players. as many players will feel it’s unfair. This cannot be solved easily but if players have to pay an small upfront cost to buy the game (Counter Strike), it’ll definitely turn off most players who are trying to break the game system.

Well i can only say this for now. For other viewers here, if you do agree to what i just said, please give it a LIKE. Thank you.

5-$10 is good price :wink:

Why? If it’s a good game I can earn more than what I paid by selling the exploit/bot etc.

Because like what CounterStrike did, all players who are found hacking the game got their account ban. No one will want that to happen to their precious account. Even if they hack the game from the start, the player who got ban will have to buy the game again which will get ban again shortly after. Making a big turn off for the hacker and extra income for the game company. very smart move from them.

By Create a game which player believe to be fair will gather even more players in the game and as more players are playing, you create a community which players will feel worth it to spend. thus creating more income.

I find the notes on the first image really ironic…

Nostalgic… why, the game is newer than new :expressionless:

Start as one of 80 classes… actually it’s 4 and it adds on along the road :\

Defeat 150 evil bosses… that I hope this time actually attack instead of not attacking or running away making me look like a villain.

and for the record, I don’t trust this half naked goddess…

The pre-requiristic to that is good moderation. If you don’t have a good moderation, p2p game won’t stop hacker.

And again, you can stop most hacker with good moderation. Name me a game with good moderation/quick fix but still has alot of hacker.

I do agree p2p can stop low level skill gold farmer though.

I wouldn’t mind paying 10-20 bucks for making an account/purchasing the game if that helps getting rid of annoying p2w options ingame - if the publisher is IMC.

2 Likes

It wont, look at games like rainbow 6 siege and the new battlefront…

now some companies don’t care if you already paid, if they want more they will ask more…

You had problem paying within Steam? lol…

If sh*t happen, I will go for china server
At least they got far more experience than a company with 1 FPS game

Check out here for clarification: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/announcement-on-our-cooperation-with-channeling-partner-playoneasia/125122