Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain Math - Intelligence vs Spirit (mainly Priest Math)

Hello again,

I really like numbers, so lets look at those SPR/INT Numbers and how they influence our builds.
We also will look into how the world would look like with the kTOS Blessing changes.

NOTE:

• All comparisons between SPR/INT assume you have 0 of the other stat, so the 4 Int, 8 Spr base values are only part of the calclulation of the corresponding stat
  • All calculations assume you’re Class Rank 7
  • I’m using comma as decimal mark

Let’s start with the basics:

1 INT =

• +1 min magic attack
  • +1 max magic attack

1 SPR =

• 13 max SP
  • 1 block penetration
  • 1 SP recovery
  • 0,2 MDef

For all stats there’s a mechanic, that gives bonus points, the more points you invest.
You get one bonus point for:

• every 5th base stat for points 0-50 (up to 10)
  • every 4th base stat for points 51-150 (up to 25)
  • every 3rd base stat for points 151-300 (up to 50)
  • every 2nd base stat for points 301-500 (up to 100)
  • every base stat for points >500

Note: right now we just have slightly above 300 stat points to distribute

INT gets a Bonus of 10% per Class Rank above 1. So at Rank 7 you get 60% Bonus INT. This Bonus is applied to the base stats with bonus points.
Note: Rank Bonus and Stat Bonus do NOT apply to stats from equip.

COMPARISON INT vs SPR

Heal & Mass Heal
Both Skills provide a Flat Healing Bonus onto the % Heal.
For Mass Heal it scales with SPR and INT.
For Heal it scales with INT only.
On the diagram you can see how much more flat healing INT will provide in relation to stat investment.

Spell Damage Scaling
Every Magic Attack Skill scales with your Magic Attack Stat. INT increases that.
On the following diagram we will have Aspersion SPR, Spell 2xINT, Spell 1xINT

• Aspersion SPR = Aspersion dmg gain from SPR
  • Spell 2xINT = Spells that have a innate INT Scaling like Heal and Cure. This is the dmg gain from INT
  • Spell 1xINT = Magic Attacks that do not have innate INT Scaling an therefore only scale with Magic Attack. e.g. Aspersion, Magnus Exorcismus, Carnivory,…

First with 0% Attribute

Now with 100% Attribute

That’s it, there isn’t more interesting about INT and SPR.
We can see that a INT-Chaplain will have a stronger Aspersion (stronger autos), Heal, Mass-Heal and stronger Magic Attack Skills than a SPR Chaplain.
The SPR Chaplain will have plenty SP, more SP-Recovery, Black Penetration and slighty more MDef.
The SPR-Chaplain will also have stronger debuff:

• Deprotected Zone = -1 DEF * SPR per Stack
  • Monstrance = -0,4 DEF & Evasion * SPR
  • Stone Skin = + 4 Blockrating * SPR

The kTOS World
What changes is Blessing.
It gets bonus dmg based on SPR and INT:
(0,02 * INT + 0,06 * SPR) * (BlessLVL -1)

And Cure. It’s base dmg will scale with 1,2 INT up from 1.

NOTE:

• for all calculations I assume you have Blessing lvl 15 and it’s always active
  • I only count the bonus dmg from SPR/INT and ignore the base bonus dmg of blessing

Blessing Scaling

Spell Damage Scaling
On the following diagram we will have Aspersion SPR, Spell 2xINT, Spell 1xINT, Spell SPR
It’s the same as above with the difference we have Blessing on top.

• Spell SPR = Spell with no SPR Scaling - the increase in dmg is caused by Blessing

NOTE: Blessing is added to every graph

with 0% Attribute:

with 100% Attribute:

In the end, INT-Priests will deal much more dmg with spells. Who would’ve thought? :wink:

Chaplain Auto Attack Scaling
Now we will get 4 interesting diagrams :slight_smile:

0% Attribute - 4 Hit Autos

100% Attribute - 4 Hit Autos

0% Attribute - 5 Hit Autos

100% Attribute - 5 Hit Autos

SPR-Chaplain will do more auto-attack dmg than INT-Chaplain. With maxed Attribute the INT-Chaplain gets closer, but will stay behind.

Some additional informations:
A% = Aspersion Attribute Level
for 4 Hit Chaplains:

• 1 INT is worth 2,72 dmg at A%0 | 4,32 dmg at A%100
  • 1 SPR is worth 4,36 dmg at A%0 | 5,36 dmg at A%100

for 5 Hit Chaplains:

• 1 INT is worth 3 dmg at A%0 | 4,6 dmg at A%100
  • 1 SPR is worth 5,2 dmg at A%0 | 6,2 dmg at A%100
12 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

In “Blessing Scaling with kTOS Blessing Patch”, shouldn’t the SPR curve be 3 times higher than INT curve?

No, Int scales better with Stat Points than SPR because of the Rank Bonus you get.
Example:
You are Rank 7 and invest 300 Points into INT: you will have 626 INT
If you invest 300 Points into SPR you will have 395 SPR

Ah I see, I thought that INT bonus for only for Magic Attack, but it actually applies to the full stat.

So the bonus stat is INT for Wizard and Cleric? STR for Swordsman?

every class gets an INT and STR bonus of 10% per Rank above 1

Awesome!

Also, Cure is having a buff in damage as well, it seems: now it won’t simply scale with 1 INT, but 1.2 INT, having a solid 20% more damage from the INT influence.

In my Chaplain DPS build, I was thinking on getting Krivis c1 before PD because of Zaibas and other buffs/debuffs, but with Cure buff, I’m not sure if it’s worth getting Krivis instead of Cleric 2… You can easily buy scrolls for Daino and other buffs/debuffs, but as a Cleric 2 you’ll have much more Heal power (as your graphics are saying), Safety Wall and Cure damage… I could get Druid c1 too I think, but I’m not sure if it’s better than Cleric/Krivis damage-wise.

Gj! I few questions…

In Healing scale are you using the healing formula:

Additional HP Recovery Rate: ((50 + (35 + INT)) × 1.5) × 1.1 ~ ((50 + (35 + INT)) × 1.5) × 1.3

or
the attack/spell power formula

Attack: (X + INT)

?

The SPR Chaplain will have plenty SP, more SP-Recovery, Black Penetration and slighty more MDef.
The SPR-Chaplain will also have stronger debuff:
Deprotected Zone = -1 DEF * SPR per Stack
Monstrance = -0,4 DEF & Evasion * SPR

Maybe you should add Stone Skin?

In the end, INT-Priests will deal much more dmg with spells. Who would’ve thought?

What Priest Spell Damage you talking about in those graphs? Aspersion?
Do you mean Cleric Cure+Heal?

haha I I knew I forgot something. Will add stone skin onto the list. Thanks.

I am using the Healing formula, but I eliminated all constants so it’s (INT * 1,5 * 1,1 + INT * 1,5 * 1,3)/2 as that is the value that seperates INT from SPR.

I’m talking about ALL Spells there are. The “Spell 2xINT” graph is for spells like heal and cure as they scale twice with INT. “Spell 1xINT” is for any other spell.
Again that’s only the damage you gain from INT. Add the Spell Base damage and you will get the final damage.

1 Like

why does cure and heal deals 2xint?

@furkingbustar
Heal base damage calculation: 35 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 8 + INT
Cure base damage calculation: rounddown(6 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 1.8 + INT)
Then you have to add MAtk which also scales with INT
-> 2xINT :slight_smile:

Nice

We can see that a INT-Chaplain will have a stronger Aspersion (stronger autos), Heal, Mass-Heal and stronger Magic Attack Skills than a SPR Chaplain.

Isn’t it the opposite?

That sentence is correct for the current patch. It will change with kTOS patch. I’ll remove the line so that it’s clearer where it belongs :smiley:

@greg8745
I added a cure graph. Thanks - I missed that change :slight_smile:

1 Like

and formula for exorcism and magnus?

There is no INT in the base dmg, so it only scales with MATK -> 1x INT

Just curious, did you you factor in blessing in cure damage?

This has me curious.

Let’s say at rank 10 (should the game last long enough for us to get it). You get 90% more INT. So in the equation [(SPR x 0.06) + (INT x 0.02)] x (skill lv - 1), let’s substitute INT with 1.9 x INT. We get [(SPR x 0.06) + (1.9 x INT x 0.02)] x (skill lv - 1). Simplifying we get [(SPR x 0.06) + (INT x 0.038)] x (skill lv - 1)

Even at the highest (assumed) rank SPR will still scale better for the “new bless”

2 Likes

In the kTOS Spell Damage diagram, Blessing is added everywhere. I’ll reword it in the OP :slight_smile:

@c2gaming
you are aboslutely right. Nothing (not lvl nor class ranks) will change any order of the graphs

than the formula for MATK?
issit MATK = int + weapon matk?

Magic Attack in your character sheet = CharacterLVL + INT + Any MATK on equip