Tree of Savior Forum

So, First is Swash Buckling, next is Transpose, right? (Hopeful Fix)

So I was looking over the patch notes and saw this for Swordsman. Now at first you may be confused why I’m bringing this up. But this is also a problem that happens with Transpose for Thaumaturge.

Continuing the discussion from Server Transfer Maintenance and Patch Notes (April 26th, 2016):

I’d like to propose since this change was deemed needed for Swash Buckling, I’d love to see this happen for Transpose as well, instead of 25% HP lost, it can be upwards of 75%, and that amount of HP lost by refreshing a buff to keep it up 100% of a time would only scare the daylights out of any healer paying attention.

I’d love to have this idea considered. @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines

9 Likes

please make it happen.

Well it makes 100% sense for both of those skills to get that fix given how they work. TBH I’m actually surprised they didn’t make that change for both skills in the same patch.

i think you misread the patchnotes. It doesnt say anything about “current health” being fixed. Only that max HP attribute doesnt work (or rather it reverts max hp back) if you use Swashbuckling again while still under max hp effect.

1 Like

The skills effect your health in the same way pre-patch. Both increase you health, Swash Buckling by Max HP %, Transpose by changing 50% - 100% of your INT w/ your CON. Yet if you were to keep either buff at 100% uptime, when you do re apply them, they both cut your “Max Health Value” back to it’s original highest state before the buff was applied IF it was higher than the base value when the buff was re applied.

Swash Buckling just had this fixed. I would like to see the same of Transpose. Hopefully that clarifies why I want this to be fixed as well. I feel it makes a joke of the skill when it comes to any decently difficult content.

Agree that this should happen (even though i don’t play thaumaturge).

But maybe you should’ve made this topic in suggestions or bug fix section, it would probably get more attention there.

Agreed, and done. I wrote this up at 2-3AM and I was super tired. My mind was slightly muddled with sleepiness. Thank you!

so u can go full INT, sumon a sorc boss and than BAM 2x more con than any full con character forever? kinda OP…
if they make transpose don’t “reset” ur HP, every wizzard will pick it up and go full INT…

Except every wizard totally wont. Cookie cutter DPS is Wiz3Ele3Warlock for a reason. Nothing compares to that. Cyro3Crono3 has superb CC and CD management. Thaumaturge for a Sorc build has to take up a Linker circle as well. Linker2 has better group synergy by far, and increases your solo potential further than being able to swap stats in my opinion in a well thought out stat build.

To follow those points. Thaumaturge has no direct damaging capabilities themselves, and lend themselves to group support more than anything else. Being able to keep your health up when you already keep your stats like that the entire time anyway only unburdens your healers from having a heart attack because they think you are about to be killed and are already under attack if the situation is slightly hectic.

Final note - You should reward rather than punish players who are ontop of keeping their buffs up 100%, just as a DPS is rewarded for having their rotation be more tightly knit and onbeat than someone who doesn’t by having more damage. Also, if you feel Thaum C1 shouldn’t have 100% uptime, then (increase the cooldown)/(decrease the duration) and have Thaum C2 or even C3 have it. That way you have to invest further into a supportive build to reap the benefits. C3 should always be a game changer after all.

the problem is the same bro, if u go full INT u have 650 in max lvl, full con u have 350.
if u can swap those forever, u have like 80k HP, 850+ block (with shield) a HIGH HP regen and crti resist, u just become unkillable.

and believe me, ALL PvP wizzards would get thauma 1, making wizzards even more OP. imagine a cryo>kino>thauma

pvp guilds full off wizzards and cleric 3.

just, no

Your argument for why it shouldn’t be is invalid and silly because if you have clerics it already exists without a single issue.

FACT - You already keep your stats like that PERMANENTLY with only ThaumC1. You only need a cleric to heal you up once anywho and you are at full health.

This change would only effect if you have health over what your lower CON health was before Transpose, when you refresh Transpose to keep the Tranpose buff up 100% of the time.

Everyone also agrees that Block at high amounts is stupid and deserves to be nerfed. This is shown through Priest 3 which is the true culprit to what you are talking about. If you want a thought of fixing that, how about making “Block” only mitigate all damage when blocking on a swordsman, I bet it would turn to only a minor annoyance rather than the full blown problem it is currently.

I also use thauma and see no problem with the skill…the concern you mentioned about getting full int then casting another skill dependent on the new con should also revert back to the little to no con after transpose runs out…this way any future skills cast by transpose will be dependant on both transpose cooldown and keeping transpose up…this will force what you call “abusers” to get higher levels of transpose just to line up cooldown times with the secondary con dependant skills…meaning much more balanced builds…if thauma can after that have some epic combos…how is that not balanced?

Let Int Thaumas stack HP. Nerf CC instead.

Saying this has been Fixed, Implies that this was not intended. It would be nice if we have some sort of confirmation that the same effect on the Transpose skill is also not intended, and will be fixed in the near future.

Do note that after Transpose, you’d end up with 8 INT which means you won’t be doing as much damage as you were before transpose.

Ideally what I ASSUME the skill is intended to convert the remaining % of your HP whenever transpose is being casted or have ended. Meaning if you have 10/100 HP before transpose, after casting you’d have 20/200 HP.

dude u ress the topic, but the idea is let sorc summon do the dmg and u become the ultimate tank…

lol crap. My bad. Was searching for transpose topics and didn’t take much notice on the tpoic’s date :sweat_smile:

But I guess i see where you’re coming from as the summon snapshots your INT value at the point of summon and subsequent INT change via skill or gearswap does not affect the summon’s strength.

IMHO that’s another balancing part to be done on Sorcerers to make symmmon’s additional damage be updated dynamically. IMC has alot of work laid out for them…