Tree of Savior Forum

Small Community survey

Since I feel IMC is not doing a survey (right now) of its community, here’s a little survey to express our feelings towards many aspects of ToS.
Mybe it will change something, maybe not, i’ll leave it here:

1- IMC listen to its playerbase

• Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Neither agree nor disagree
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

2- How satisfied are you with gambling system (cubes)?

• Very satisfied
  • Somewhat satisfied
  • Neutral
  • Somewhat dissatisfied
  • Very dissatisfied

0 voters

3- How satisfied are you with recent events?

• Very satisfied
  • Somewhat satisfied
  • Neutral
  • Somewhat dissatisfied
  • Very dissatisfied

0 voters

4- what do you do when you log in? (multiple choices)

• I do not log in
  • i do events
  • I farm Hunting Grounds
  • I do Solmiki/Earth Tower
  • I level up Alt accounts
  • I do Saalus missions
  • I do Dungeon missions
  • I do Mercenary post missions
  • I do hunt world/field bosses
  • I do PvP
  • Other*

0 voters

5- “Q&A with devs” should be more frequent

• Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Neither agree nor disagree
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

6- "If you could change something immediately, what would you change or balance first

• Putting a Weapon refinement cap
  • Removing diamond anvils
  • Improving Graphic optimization
  • Balancing underpowered classes
  • Improving PvP features
  • Giving more value to TP and exchange shop
  • Other*

0 voters

7- How do you feel towards ToS future?

• Pessimistic (it’s going down)
  • Optimistic (it’s fine and still improving)
  • Neutral (i do not care)

0 voters

*(if you want, specify what “other” means for you)

19 Likes

Hi, @Su-Kral
I’m Alyu from Silute and I have a small page. I’d like to ask permission to share the survey in my page. Just thought it woudl be better to ask before posting there.

12 Likes

absolutely no problem :+1:

2 Likes

Posted.

20 character of postiness

1 Like

The “what do you do when you log in” section is missing a very obvious:
“I do all the activities because I’m currently enjoying the game as a whole” selection.

Whilst I’m really sure there are people that just come online to do one thing, why on earth would you leave off the option to say I’m playing the whole game because I like it

:hey:

3 Likes

The first question is actually pretty funny. Cuz IMC REALLY does listen to the playerbase, it’s just that they aren’t efficient in this and deliver it much much later and/or with a different understanding of what we said. (Just remember when they made from scratch a whole new DPK system just for global server based on our feedback and just because we asked)

Now, what really could have been a different question and what is actually affecting us is Nexon taking over KR server and obviously power in a lot of ways the game is produced.
Before we got changes made just for us, based on OUR feedback and got patches hella fast, sometimes even 1 week after KR only. Now we are worthless ppl feedback not heard anymore, patches delayed for 6 months or much more, I actually returned to play just cuz I saw videos of how awesome Falconer became and how I would make my Dragoon for the AoE patch, now months after and not even a word of when we are getting this I’m actually losing my will to play, even more by seeing how awesome mages have become and knowing I will wait another long long months before I can play with it.

6 Likes

Optimization Is Key !!!.. Of course we want a new pvp system, boss system, and a lot more content but, there is no point in add anything if each att the game gets it became Full of Bugs, Crashes and more exploits appears(and exploiters don´t get banned, they are rewarded instead aka´ pokemon events) … in resume, the first thing imc should do is get her sh*t together !!!

About that change first section. I know many people doesn’t really do PvP but…

PvP was a really nice part of ToS. If they actually improve it with standardized gears on TBL or PvP Enhancement Cap or pvp-specific balances etc. it could be far better.

An actual standardized/balanced PvP would also actually probably reduce the number of players willing to appeal to exploits.

PvP is kind of a “long lasting content”, it’s just doesn’t get boring that fast like common consumed content. It can actually hold a huge amount of players.

For it to work, PvP must be far better than it is right now >_<

9 Likes

skillfully oneshots you and never dies

3 Likes

Poll n.4 is a multiple choices poll, select them all if you really do those actions.
“playing the whole game because i like it” is a motivation, the poll is just about what you do online (actions) :smile:

the first question is just there to test how players perceive IMC. It doesn’t matter what is right or wrong, it’s just a feedback we players give them, positive or negative.
This is not a direct answer to your post :sweat_smile: i just used it to explain something that may be misunderstood

true, many players do not partecipate in PvP content, this could be a nice topic to study in deep

3 Likes

My mistake was not realising I could select multiple options on that one. Situation resolved.

:satisfaction:

3 Likes

you need to add

Improve netcode

for the 6th poll, the ■■■■ netcode prevented me from playing for over 2 years, until i moved and got a new ISP with better routing to my servers region,

3 Likes

And this is how I discover that the majority of the voters hasn’t been playing/active in the community for a lot of time. Having imc as a direct publisher, being on steam, the mechanics rework and a lot of other stuff were all decisions taken after the playerbase’s opinions. Some of the things you don’t like about the game were actually requested by players like you guys.

Also, you guys should realize by now that optimization for this game isn’t really possible without a complete engine overhaul (sadly, because I get disconnected a lot because of this, despite possessing a pretty decent PC). I’d rather vote for the refinement cap!..

3 Likes

I really hate recent events so much. they’re boring / tedious / garbage at best.
bring back the halloween event, that’s my kind of fun.
though, the rewards shouldn’t be too good, could be things like Att Points / Blessed Shards / Golden Anvil / Abrasives are actually good enough. it was a fun and challenging event, don’t let it go to waste.

1 Like

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Han @Staff ^

3 Likes

I think they should add some sort of cap to ranking pvp (TBL) and open a free arena (unranked) uncapped

2 Likes

I think with the low amount of players currently pvping, it could potentially split the small pvp community. We really dont have enough players to split them into seperate queues imo.

1 Like

Optimization should definitely be priority. I like what they’ve done so far, and they need to make another developer’s blog to update us on how they’re continuing to improve it. Channel 1 Klai and Orsha still give me awful lag spikes, but they said they were still working on it.

This this this this.

I know at this point, a majority of the people posting weren’t around the forum in that time period, but they actually used to post for player feedback on a number of decisions they wanted to implement. A publisher for Silute server, a possible deal with Nexon [that fell through] for the rest, the pet contest, Kim himself showing up to respond to player outcry about the state of the game in 2016, and the very quick change in Founders Packs designs after initially posting a very different model before release.

IMC in terms of iToS has actually been fairly responsive to player opinion. The speed leaves a lot to be desired, but this is certainly not bad compared to the games with bigger publishers that don’t seem to care as much.

4 Likes

I’d like to comment on the memey gatcha cubes themselves, and something they could change pretty easily… which is the male/female costume thing.

Male costumes have always held less value and been sellable at about half-price compared to female’s, simply because more people play girl characters. So… people effectively make less silver and have a harder time selling these costumes.

What they could change is to remove the gendered suffix… and make the costumes similar to the class costumes so that they don’t have a gender requirement and just change design to reflect your character’s gender.

Male gets the male version of the costume, female gets the female version of the costume. Less items clogging up the top bracket, too.

I prefer just buying everything with the TP itself instead of these silly gatcha things (I usually skip out and buy everything with medals anyway), but if they’re going to stick to this system they could atleast make the top bracket a little more simplified.

6 Likes

Thank you for this. I think these polls are very well made and they are able to capture the thoughts of players quite well. I hope IMC will reflect on the results.

I also wouldn’t mind IMC carrying out somewhat similar polls from time to time honestly.

4 Likes