Tree of Savior Forum

Slow exp? Really?

So if you just go by ratios, I think there is nothing to worry about.
1-100 takes let’s just say 3 days to a week, depending on your level of commitment. That doesn’t mean 100-200 is going to be the same. Maybe that takes roughly twice as long, could even be 3 times as long.

That 500-600 though…Think about it folks. Games with super high levels rarely scale slowly after you get up into that range. Plus, with all those levels, that leaves room for a whole lot of content after 200. Not to mention I think most people will want to make an alt/have another class character. If you max out one character, you’ve still not experienced a whole lot of the game in terms of playstyle choices that it offers, y’know? Tired of being a Highlander? Try out being a Quarrel Shooter. Or something like that. I just picked random classes but the point stands.

So yeah, don’t feel bad about 1-100 being a little fast. If you check the ratio you really haven’t accomplished all that much in relation to how high you can go.

welp… i supose you dont have a house to keep, a job to work and a kid to ta care of… but anyway… caials really should not get max levwl in a month.

Directly from the game files:

– CBT3 한정 배율 증가 : CBT가 종료되면 반드시 제거해야함
(This translates into saying to remove the exp boost after CBT ends.)
if pcLv > 15 then
value = value * 5;
elseif pcLv > 45 then
value = value * 7;
elseif pcLv > 85 then
value = value * 12;
elseif pcLv > 135 then
value = value * 30;
elseif pcLv > 185 then
value = value * 48;
end

Sorry I’m not believing anything I read anymore. First i hear 3x, then 5x, then 7x, now this. I’ll just go by what i see in game.

Are you sure you’re reading what you think it is? cuz those are the same levels that the xp needed per level drops in the xp graph.

Maybe thats what the bonus xp is. the drops in the graph. Maybe when its released it will be a smooth curve for the levels instead of drops.

I came to this game knowing it is a grinding game so I’m not unhappy. :grin:

I’m giving you direct copy/pastes from the code that determines how much exp you get… if you want the entire function:

– hgihLv : 파티원중 가장 높은 레벨, 파티가 아니거나 1인 파티면 0임
function GET_EXP_RATIO(myLevel, monLevel, highLv, monster)
local pcLv = myLevel;
local monLv = monLevel;
local value = 1;
if IsBuffApplied(monster, ‘SuperExp’) == ‘YES’ then
value = 500;
end

if (pcLv - 4) > monLv then
    local lvRatio = 1 - ((pcLv - monLv - 4) * 0.05);
    value = value * lvRatio;
end
if highLv ~= 0 then
    local partyLvGap = highLv - pcLv
    if partyLvGap > 40 then
        value = 0;
    elseif partyLvGap > 35 then
        value = value / 16;
    elseif partyLvGap > 30 then
        value = value / 8;
    elseif partyLvGap > 25 then
        value = value / 4;
    elseif partyLvGap > 20 then
        value = value / 2;
    end
end
if value < 0 then
    value = 0;
end

– CBT3 한정 배율 증가 : CBT가 종료되면 반드시 제거해야함
if pcLv > 15 then
value = value * 5;
elseif pcLv > 45 then
value = value * 7;
elseif pcLv > 85 then
value = value * 12;
elseif pcLv > 135 then
value = value * 30;
elseif pcLv > 185 then
value = value * 48;
end

return value;

end

From this you can see the following:
You get 500x exp for the special super monsters (the ones that glow blue).
You get less EXP from monsters that are 4 levels or more below you.
You get less EXP in a party depending on the highest level in the party vs your level.
In the closed beta the exp rate is increased depending on your level:
Levels 16-45 5x EXP
Levels 46-85 7x EXP
Levels 86-135 12x EXP
Levels 136-185 30x EXP
Levels >186 48x EXP

I’m showing you the exact code that determines exp gain based on gameplay factors which is much more accurate than some generalized graph.

1 Like

The graph is just xp required to level. So they drop the xp required AND give you a ton more xp at the same levels? go in game and see how much xp you get at lvl 15, then the same mob at lvl 16. if you get 5x more then i guess youre right. Thats if you want to test your theory.

I’ve already tested it, its exactly right.

Well if its going to take 48 times longer to gain levels they better give me other things to do instead of grind. if thats all theyre going to offer me than i might not play. well see how it is on release though.

Does this apply to class levels as well? Or just base levels?

Game should be about what you can do at end game anyway. Been in Guild wars 1 for years after hitting max level and same goes for Guild Wars 2. I liked RO’s class system but if I have to give up my job, my friends, and my ability to leave my house to hit level 600, then it’s not a game anymore. If this game is going to be good, it shouldn’t be about how many hours you lose, but how much fun you have AFTER you hit the max level. Like rare hunting. That’s more interesting then level grinding always (Diablo anyone?) If I have to grind for years real time, it’s a shame, but I’ve honestly got better games to play. Real good games have max level content to keep things interesting. If this isn’t a real good game, my mistake. Enjoy the grinds. Hopefully I wont’ have to for much longer.

1 Like

It’s all exp gained, period… so yea it does affect class levels.

Since there are ~500 levels at release, we can expect it to take an extremely long time to hit the max… months of heavy play, at least.

Also, when you factor in attributes and the fact that they have a timer associated with learning them that goes up every level with some maxing at level 50… not to mention the sheer amount that each person will need to learn due to the amount of jobs… it’s going to take a long, long time.

Exp rate for me is “fine”
Though I understand where you are coming from and I agree that grinding is part of MMORPG.
It just need to have an end game content/reward. Not just the achievement of reaching the level cap.

I hope it won’t come into a point that you need 6 months to reach level cap unless there is no really end game content that we can enjoy so we need to soak ourselves in the grind fest because it is just what the game is all about. My preference would be, the content is not all invested in level-per-level experience but there should be an awaiting “content” when you reach the top.

What Im after on an end game content is, referencing to RO = Guild Wars/PVP/High End Eqs/Over ups/Gods/Money/Power/Fame/Influence.

If the reward for playing and grinding is just to reach the level at top then -end-, then this is doomed to fail.

Eh, wait a moment, there is something wrong with that code.

Based on what I read, it seems like we forcedly get only the boost of level 15 for the beta, because once a If triggers, it will not read the other else ifs.
Meaning that we are only getting a * 5 exp boost after level 15 I guess.

And what the hell!?! That means that the game will be way slower to level up on when it is released?

Edit: Come to think, that does not also means that exp in client is hackable? Explaining why some players are so high level?

I got scared on the conclusions of the level exps.

Oh men. If this is going to be a grinding fest rather than rushing to top level to enjoy end game content such as going guild wars, ultimately hard boss quest, god equips, overups and PKing till dawn, I would rather play an off line rpg. Just my opinion.

I love the graphics, i love the game core, but i dont think it is reasonable to have slower leveling than what we are experiencing in the CBT right now considering the has 600 level cap. Oh men. No please, no.

1 Like

I’m thinking youll be able to do all that stuff before cap.

good point. I think my perception is clouded because in other games I played there is a required level for you to be able to compete in guild war/pvp or good boss hunt.

I am more concern of guild war/pvp. But if the defining factor of strength would be “level” then that would understandable. But in my personal preference it would be great to compete on even level and the defining factor would be skills(mechanical)/strategies and overups/high end EQs from boss hunt.

If they have certain pvp modes where they try to even out stats and the only difference is class choices, it would be pretty even. Although people who are higher level will have more unlocked classes and stuff.

Like lets say theres an arena and before it starts you get to allocate a certain amount of stat points/skill points and theres an equipment restriction, like only up to lvl 75 equipment or something.

Then there could be an unrestricted mode too.

1 Like

Yulgang 2 have that kind of feature where level and equipments doesnt matter on the arena.
Everyone is on equal ground. You fight based on how you pilot your character. That would be great!

I meant that level 100 is still really low and that’s why leveling is fast or easy, just like it was fast and easy at level 17 in WoW. Buying level 90 characters is not something that matters here at all. I’m talking about the speed of gaining levels.

With the new exp boost it’s a bit more comparable to WoW’s leveling speed, but unfortunately we’re only seeing up to level 200. With 600 levels and the current exp scaling, even with x6 exp (or whatever rates we currently have), I can’t see anyone reaching 600 unless they play the game 17 hours a day for an entire year… something only the truly dedicated will see ^o.o^

It makes me wonder if end-game content is going to be a primary focus in this game at all… but I’m going off topic.

I just want to say, I think exp feels slow primarily because its possible to choke others out of getting exp by dominating a spot. If anyone ever feels the need to log out and wait until a later time to play the game normally and advance their character, it just feels like bad design. There needs to be more instance dungeons and if they’re worried about players farming instance dungeons for loot/silver they can just make it so they don’t get Boss drops after 5 runs, but allow them to keep running for exp. They could even reduce the silver gained from the mobs in the dungeons since the exclusive experience is the reward ^o.o^

1 Like