Tree of Savior Forum

Skyliner Nerf - Return of CD | Cyclone lasting time reduced

Not when we are talking about multihit skills, which scale better exactly from leveling them. DOV in this case, as you said, only adds to damage. It would be better, if we combine them, which is only possible on C3, considering all limitations.

Yeah, you sacrifice EVERYTHING against physical mobs, while also being hit in the ass by magical mobs. Double time!

I just realized we are probably doing the same thing, but in reverse. Me on C3, but you on C2. But in reality, it’s the same, actually.

Still, you don’t need to sacrifice anything for this, while DOV 5 still gives you a good boost in damage.

See, I disagree, Cyclone isn’t the only useful skill on C2 Doppel. My motives are already explained above.

Anyway, like I said, we are doing exactly the same, but in reverse, quite a silly conversation we’ve got there, if you think about it.

But doppel C2 skills don’t get bonus hits from levels… They are 4x and 5x at level 1. So levelling them only adds damage just as DOV.

So you won’t lose damage, only some defense.

Damn, you are right. But having more damage on multihit is still nice, anyway.

Yeah, but with my build I still can dish out good damage, while maintaining my defence at adequate levels.

Let’s compare this in game then. Take our Doppels with these different paths and see, what’s better.

1 Like

I don’t say your build is bad, it isn’t. I was talking only about maximizing effectiveness vs magic mobs. And my point was, that losing some PDEF for more damage is not that bad if you have good EVA.

But later on losing 100% def might hurt, so your build may eventually become much better (especially if they buff defense one day).

1 Like

Hoplite c3 rise!!
The only 0cd spear throw xD

Ah, yes, with this I agree.

I hope we won’t get more silly nerfs, while Doctors and Priests are still playing in the field.

The Doppel C2 skills won’t ensure a kill in one combo use. Especially once you get to late game ( which isn’t very far from having Doppel c2 anyways ), this just isn’t going to be the case.

One use of cyclone ( just one of the two charges ) will ensure a kill, and on an entire group of mobs, even if they aren’t perfectly grouped together once you start using the skill.

One is reliable, the other is just something you use because it’s off cooldown and you get some burst.

Yeah, I agree with this. Cyclone is the best skill to use on Doppel tree still.

I just like having a variety of skills for situations, like that Crown + Zornhau combo for mages, so, a rotation.

I’ll put just 1 point in Zucken and save 4 points for the new C3 skill, because the SP cost is too high at lvl 5. What you think about it?

One more question: Crown at lvl 2 is enough (7 seconds of shock)? Or better at lvl 4 (11 seconds)? I wanna have Cross Guard lvl 3 and Cartar Stroke at least lvl 1.

As i said, Zornhau + Crown combo is very powerful. You basically get 16 (Crown level 4) seconds of constant Shock duration, which is very good for mage bosses and elites. This is the one thing koreans seem to underestimate greatly.
I personally think Crown level 4 is enough for PvE. If going for PvP, you might drop some more, so you can uptime it.

As for Zucken. Dropping only 5 points even on C3 is enough, I think. Obviously because of the astronomical SP cost. Also, as I said earlier, you will probably at this point (if you didn’t do this before) have to get DOV to at least 10, so skill points will be needed.

I myself have Cross Guard at level 5 and Cartar at level 3 for Collision damage. Seems to work well.

1 Like

Yeah, Cartar attribute is not to be underestimated. Lvl 3 Cartar stroke is one of the best skills in High possession.

Cross Guard can be leveled up to 3 or left at 1, bonus pdef is not that useful. If you have high STR you will block pretty often anyway.

Actually never noticed SP cost on Zucken. Looks really weird for me. This way it’s much better to leave it at level 1 until you get C3. Then you will be able to see if there are better options. Maxing DOV will compensate damage loss from those 4 levels anyway. And you will be able to max zucken later (as it grants you most DPS even considering increasing SP cost) if there will be no better choices at C3.

1 Like

Yeah, these 16 seconds(11+5) has a good synergy with Zornhau’s cooldown (15 seconds). Unfortunately Crown has 30s, preventing an “infinite shock” status for the bosses, but it’s a nice combo at all.

I was planning to get: DOV lvl 5, Cyclone Lv 10, Zornhau lvl 5, Zucken lvl 1 and Redel lvl 5 with +4 points for C3 (if the future skill is great).

I have basically tha same setup except I have Zucken already at level 5 (won’t put more points in this anyway) and Redel at 3 (will definitely upgrade).

But it actually looks like when we will get to C3, all three of us will essentially have the same build. We are just going towards it in different order.

1 Like

dont forget that when C3 hits we will spend 10 points into cyclone and DOV. so we only have 5 points, that are probably going for the new c3 skill.

1 Like

I’m going to save at least 5 points for C3 in case if there will be 2 skills)

anyone can confirm CC still proc when get blocked or dodge ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3sp-rlKO3o in this video at 0:30
bash knockdown not proc coz block by cross guard
Knockdown is CC right ? or only status ailment that proc and knockdown doesn’t count as status ailment ?

Only stun goes through for some reason (as I know). Not sure about other status aliments.

wuuut
nah that a very bad news :sweat_smile:
can’t knockdown stone skin + blood letting

u can always iron hook / impale the PD and ur team kill it…

can enemy dodge / blocked iron hook
or can enemy dodge / blocked when we use skill (i.e Cyclone ) while they get hooked by iron hook ?

also we can use skill while iron hook active, what happend if i use cyclone with movement attribute to approach the hooked enemy.
will the hook get canceled ?
need to confirm this, coz it’ll change 2 ranks in my build