Tree of Savior Forum

Skill Level decrease with FPS Drop

So, I’ve noticed when grinding if my fps drops and I freeze for too long my cyclone skill level will drop down to lv1. It’s not much of a game breaking thing since, If you log out or change channel it reverts back but, It’s kind of annoying having one of your main skills getting reverted during heavy mobs or any kind of fight. I’m not sure if this is happening to anyone else to any other skills but I’d just like to let it be known.

Edit: Did some testing and it also seems to happen with Deeds of Valor Alt + Z Wep swap to activate the attack speed % buff. It’ll go to Lv1 after the DoV duration is finished

[Dropped]

[Normal]

5 Likes

Oh. My. God.

…More testing is required for more skills. Can you give more details about the specific fps changes you’re hitting to cause it?

I’ve mostly experienced it when there’s a large sum of monsters being linked and attacked all at the same time causing that slideshow like state and that’s fps lower than 5 when everything just stops and cuts forward to where everything is dead. That’s when I see it occur and drop my level.

Thanks, I actually can recreate that. I don’t have Doppel but I have a Sword Barbarian Corsair Shinobi.

I’ll give it a test when I can play to see if I can cause any other skills to go flop. I have a funny feeling that I’ve seen this happen but not linked it to the skill level changing.

I think the only reason I noticed it was because cyclone was losing a lot of spin duration because of that drop and caused me to spot it.

2 Likes

[quote=“Belumont, post:1, topic:319713”]
So, I’ve noticed when grinding if my fps drops and I freeze for too long my cyclone skill level will drop down to lv1.[/quote]
Wait… i don’t even… wha-?
Why would anyone design it that way? I don’t get it. Unless it’s a bug… it’d be a rather strange bug to have the FPS or latency influence the skill level, though…

Is that a method of conserving server power, aka “server is experiencing too much load, temporarily reducing skill levels to reduce the amount of hits the server has to compute”?

If anyone wants to test this, try it with skills which amount of hits or duration is dependent on skill level, like Elementalists Hail or Fireball or Archers multishot.

2 Likes

I have a pyro c3 and I’ll check it out on fireballs. Lately, in some instances I’ve noticed that my lv15 fireballs dissappear prematurely while in missions. No, not because of ele rain or knocked away by melees either. I usually build up quad fireballs and toss them into bosses. They just disappeared really fast like in less than 2secs after knocking them to the boss. Needless to say the damage I dealt was low so I thought it was odd/caused by rain/knocked away etc etc. At times it happened, I even started looking around for my fireballs.

Thats happens to me charging energy blast in pvp.

this happen to me way back like a month ago on my dopple. Yea it decrease and i had to relog to make it normal again. Fps drops ALOT when cyclone hit alot of mob (like literally 0.5 fps), thou im too lazy to make a topic out of it cause im pretty sure someone did mention it before.

But nevertheless, every class need series check on every single skills.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I am actually impressed. Never would I imagine FPS to be in any way linked to skill level, but IMC never ceases to amaze.

2 Likes

spaghetti

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4137171.jpg

http://img.pandawhale.com/88014-spaghetti-tuesdays-meme-Walkin-prTb.png

1 Like
1 Like

I had this problem once whit archer multishot skill and yes it was lag and fps drop. No ss unfortunatly.

Happens all the time with Joint Penalty + Hangman’s Knot. When you link stuff and folks start attacking immediately, it lags the hell out of everyone so the Hangman’s Knot you use ends up being level 1. It’s much more noticeable if you’re a Linker 3 like me, since you get to link up to 10 mobs and your HK will be dropping from level 15 to level 1.

fps is linked to many things in this game. When I was grinding in storage low fps would cause the background music to reset over and over again.

2 Likes

Oh god… Did you send a ticket?
This needs attention, why is it in General Discussion?

this conversation happened once in IMC:
-Maybe we should decrease skills level to 1 when the fps drop.
-That is a great idea

I imagine it went something like this

Yes, I sent a ticket in but got the automated response anyone gets when you send in something about a bug report. Game Server : Klaipeda

Team Name : Tetsumatsu

Character Name : Kaede

Steam Account : zenzakii

input date : 2016-08-09

input hour : 7

Type of Bug : Skill

Date/Time and Location : Anytime , any map

(when and where the bug occurred)

Description : When using Deeds of Valor from Doppelsoldner class or having a heavy fps drop, Cyclone skill will decrease to Lv1 no matter how many points are in the skill.

(decription of what you were doing before, during, and after the bug happened)

Completing quests or grinding while using these combinations and Cyclone will revert to Lv1.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Use Deeds of Valor or lag spike

2. Use Cyclone

Screenshots / Video : https://puu.sh/quPjT/e50b50c494.jpg <- [Before Using Deeds of Valor] https://puu.sh/quPbm/d718bf139a.jpg <- [After Using Deeds of Valor]
Greetings Savior!

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologized for any inconvenience. We would like to inform you that we will now forward this issue to our development team for further review and investigation. However, we are requesting for your patience and understanding while we assess the issue you have been encountered.

Again, we apologized for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Tree of Savior Support Team

The reason that it’s in general discussion is because even if it were in the gameplay bugs it’s not like they’d really even do anything about it to begin with so, I thought it’d be best just to put it here.