Tree of Savior Forum

Siege tank: A1-Qs3-Ro2-Ca2

@Mawsiee git yo ass in here. This is partly your fault :laughing:

With the promise of resets coming with the combat rework, I now get to use my rank cards (so I no longer have to be the a-hole doing missions, 290 rush on a rank1 archer). Originally I wanted an appraiser for ā€œxā€, but we donā€™t have it yet. So wat du?

Here are some points to consider before making suggestions:

1. I plan to fully turret as much as I can
  2. I canā€™t stand the derpy falcon AI without [pre-emptive strike]

With the current options, my choices would be scout or rogue for the obvious reason. Suggestions should take into account what we have NOW and not what we will get with the combat rework (I canā€™t use what we donā€™t have yet).

The next part would be how to build the hunter with regards to cannoneer. For now the only skill I want to use is [growling]. I canā€™t always use that because bosses are immune to it.

Iā€™m also not aware of interactions between pet skills and damage/death/cc.

If you canā€™t stand that, I donā€™t think youā€™ll stand hunter AI

Hereā€™s the twisted logic I used to convince myself ā€œitā€™s OKā€.

ā€œThere has never been a fix for the hunter pet derping so there is no hope and I canā€™t be disappointedā€

That and "[growling] only.

1 Like

For the hunter bit.

Iā€™d recommend this https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311222..152f3a416a7183

Growling would last 2 ticks (growling is renewed every 3 seconds)
Coursing would last 15 seconds so youā€™d be getting the +40% critical
Retrieve > coursing in damage
Snatching, no particular reason other than longer snatching.
Rush dog because it is amazing with a very geared pet.
Hounding lv 1 is all you need for if you go to PvP and revealing the ocasional chupaluka/cabra

Have I used such skill distribution? Nnnope.
The only thing that and my distribution have in common is retrieve, hounding and growling, everything else is different.

Note: At december 26 they fixed the hawk AI to behave as it did back in april~july, acting more like a script than something looking for the best path.
However thereā€™s still the issue that its actual pathfinding sucks and that can leave the bird stuck in the air looking for the proper map cell to execute the skill. Hunter has the same issue amplified, since it will forever chase its prey unless it fully stops or backtracks. Growling, luckly does not have this issue, and with the announced removal of the run away AI things are looking great.

with the announced removal of the run away AI things are looking great.

Why havenā€™t I thought of thatā€¦GEEGEE HUNTERS.

Ok, something weird here. Iā€™ve been testing out my skills ever since someone said cannon skills work of xbow and cannon atk values.

My 8k un-armed [cannon shot] becomes 7.5k when I equip my cannon, then goes to something like 8.3k when I equip my xbow.

Archers have size penalty.

Enemy size
Large or XL type: -15% missile damage
medium: -10% missile damage
small: 0% penalty.

Your [main hand] weapon must be upgraded to +5 to reduce missile size penalty to 0%. Without crossbow equipped, your damage will reduce - does not matter which [missile] skill you use.

Cannon upgrade level does not matter.

This is a 10% damage penalty.

How is this related to anything?

How does that explain how my un-armed [cannon shot] is always stronger than my [cannon shot] with a cannon equiped (no xbow)?

I should have said ā€œ8.3k when I equip my xbow without the cannonā€

You zeroā€™d in on the ā€œdamage penaltyā€ but missed the fact that having nothing equipped results in a stronger [cannon shot] than having only the off hand equipped.

How is the size penalty even relevant? Did you assume I was hitting monsters of different sizes when testing. Iā€™m not a genius but I at least know that when you test, you have to hit the same monster.

Oh yes, I didnā€™t read properly.
Did you damage the same mob? If you did it could be the armour defence shred debuff.

Let me try it on my cannon.

The more I shoot the more confused I get.

1. How am I able to use [cannon shot] without a weapon (hell without a cannon even)?
  2. [cannon shot] is always ā€œmissile typeā€ damage right?

Iā€™m feeling so emotional right now.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t the skill auto equip your cannon if you donā€™t wear it during cast?

Oooooooo I forgot about auto weapon swap. I feel stupid now :dizzy_face:

i was too busy reading wuxia novels i forgot to pay attention to TOS hahahaha

scout and rogue are good options i might say. I want to look into appraisers as well. sadly, you donā€™t like falcon, could have been nice. Out of your choices iā€™d like to take scout :slight_smile:

@Composition build is good in my opinion, you can stick with that :slight_smile: but my hunter build is different because its focus is on rush dog so i have that maxed. You can play with hunter skills a lot imho, and i suggest having a good level on coursing and retrieve for duck hunting, for growling i think level 1 is enough, im not having problems with level 1 growling, only the duration of the debuff is changed and most mobs have really low resistance to growling making it renew 95% of the time for me

Wow. I did not know [rush dog] was aoe.
Does [growling]'s aoe inc per lv?
How do I cancel [growling] other than walking away?

Are people still dissatisfied with [bazooka]'s damage? Itā€™s doing as much damage as my 0 attribute [cannon shot] (sometimes more).

rush dog has a small aoe, iā€™m not quite sure whats its aoe attack ratio but usually it hits 4 enemies clumped together

growlingā€™s aoe does not increase, only the duration of the debuff

you can cancel growling by using the chat command /comeon
i have the command on macro so i only need to press a button
you can also cancel growling by commanding your pet to do another skill, usually rush dog does the trick for me

Sadly Iā€™m already disillusioned due to some mobs being immune to [growling].

Welcome to the whacky world of nonsense all rounder CC immunity.
With the right HP and ATK those enemies would easily surpass our useless goddesses.

I can understand being immune to certain things, but, ALL OF THEM? geez.

1 Like

yeah, some mobs are immune to growling, some are immune to coursing/retrieve as well but most mobs still arent

Iā€™d like to correct this:
Some mobs are immune to growling, coursing and retrieve.

If an enemy is immune to retrieve or coursing, it is also immune to retrieve, coursing, growling, stun, freeze, etc.

Those are the fully immune to CC enemies, first encounter I can remember is demon prison 2nd floor, guardian spider, elet, nuka.

well, im not actually that sure, at first i thought link immune mobs are cc immune as well but im not sure if they work in different ways