Show your artwork! ...plz?

Here are three drawings that I did:

^ I like trees :smile:

^ I don’t really know what it is…yet :unamused:

^ Some kind of bird

21 Likes

I’m very intrigued by that middle creature. Kinda reminds me of Grimace

1 Like

So, that’s the name of the purple thing! Funny thing is, Grimace sounds like a perfect name for it. :laughing:

1 Like

I wish I could draw and do art :frowning:

I suck at drawing. I’m trying to get better at drawing. :sweat:

Cute artworks :smile: I really like the tree, love the way you draw every single leaves.

I haven’t draw in a long time, I lost my inspire since I found out deviantart with incredible digital artworks made by graphic table :pensive: shame . Just hope I can be able to get one soon and start practice to improve my skill again.

25 Likes

Just gotta practive :imp:

I believe art is anything that you draw, regardless of how “bad” or “good” it is. Art is art! :smile: It can look like anything.

2 Likes

@minigod121

Thank you! I really like your art as well! Its so fine and the hair is a weak point for me. I bet you can color it too? I unfortunately cant color well and leave them black and white. And you can draw clothes! usually mine are naked…lol.

Nope, I’m very bad with color xD. That is why I said I want a graphic table, because you can solve that weakness easier with photoshop or any programme that support drawing.

3 Random pieces I’ve drawn. First one is one of my latest ones, 2nd is a random Photoshop drawing and last one was a piece I did for my A level work. Hoping to become a games artist/modeller so I need all the practise I can get~

13 Likes

@minigod121

Oh! lol. Hmm, well once I get done drawing it I get tired and put it in the folder. Guess I am lazy. I would love to see your art in color! If you get good at coloring, I might ask you to color my art. I also have plans to get my art made in 3D by paying someone once I get a good job.

@ZetaGhost

Your shading is amazing. I like how the wind is blowing her hair and the bear is good as well. I don’t know how you make fur it looks hard to do. What is the name of the middle one? With the red cloak?

1 Like

Love the first one, amazing detail :grinning:

I hope you will be able to get the job that you love. I wanted to be a games artist too…but my governor is against videogame and my parent set me to another reliable job :pensive: I can’t disappoint my parents and it is hard to deny a job that could bring you lot of money.

2 Likes

Well, my friends told me to called him Frederick, but I named him Lancelot and I’ll be damned if I rename him after I’ve already given him one that suits him!!!

I don’t like copying characters if I’m honest, even one’s I love. I’ve been doing that all my life and I don’t find I improve that much from it any more (after going on Devart I realise how much further I must push myself). So Lancelot here is off the top of my head, and one of my favourite pictures, not because it looks better, but unlike other stuff I’ve done (anime wise), it’s not a copy~

BTW- I love your Dragon Quest Icon xD, and you have real potential with pencil work.

2 Likes

Haha, thank you so much, I live off compliments so I’ll take that with a smile. :smiley:

Game’s art and such is so competitive, you might be grateful you don’t try. Everyday I need to log onto Dev Art and other sites, just to see other artists who are better than me and critique their work. It’s painful for the self-confidence. You art is brilliant however and I implore you to continue, even if it’s just a hobby~

2 Likes

@ZetaGhost

That name really does fit your character! I have a hard time with names myself. That’s good thinking! I have a friend that draws other characters that he likes, but he cant improve if he cant make his own art. I’m trying to help him out. :smile:

Thanks! I found it from deviantart. I have this addiction to look for artwork from others and save them on my computer, so I can look at them. It motivates you to keep drawing!

I also agree that Minigod121 is really good. I think if mini wanted to, he/she could teach other people to draw.

1 Like

I suppose it depends, teaching and doing are two very different things. She/he? It’s a she right? definitely has the talent, but personally I wouldn’t teach others till I felt I could answer 95% of questions they had~

Also your a much better person than I, although I favourite a few, my competitive side (arrogance?) just makes it hard for me to look at other great drawings and not get a lil mad at myself xD

But I don’t think that’ll change any-time soon…

(Also, have him draw real world stuff, once you understand how a person SHOULD look, and what should go where, where the muscles are placed, how light bounces or how a car fits together. That’s when you develop and are able to stop drawing someone elses creation and start making your own. I’m still faaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from there yet.)

me artwork @_@"
havent been drawing lately but ill try to practice more XD

14 Likes

@ZetaGhost

You have a point. I also agree with you on drawing real things first and working your way to imagination. I took a shortcut, and just draw random stuff till I got better, but there are parts like a human that I still need to work on. And I’m more introverted, so I would not be teaching a class. :laughing: Boy would I be a funny teacher though…lol. I think anyone can keep drawing, but would still need to learn something in the art department. Its like a never ending road…*brings honey BBQ chips :kissing:

@rhidz
I think most of us on the thread don’t draw as much as we use to, so your fine! And awesome artwork! Sharp lines and clothes. lol (I need to work on my own clothes)

here is my artwork :smiley:
enjoy. hope you like it :smile:

15 Likes