Tree of Savior Forum

Should a male character be allowed to wear a Magical Girl costume?

Sure, more stuff is always great, it could be like the other two times, males get magical girl costumes and females get some proper armor.

13 Likes

I would love that! But since we’re on the matter could you guys work on some Armor Costumes for Females?

Like the Heavily Armed Costume for archers or the Orsha Soldier Costume, i really like armor but for females that aren’t that many options in the game, most costumes for females are dresses :frowning:

10 Likes

Yes, please…

I would definitly wear a few…Maybe… I’m more for christmas costumes but… Dunno… May wear… Not sure.

It’s almost 2019 and female characters don’t have something like that armored costume.
:sad:

@topic: well, I don’t have male characters because they have the same face as the female characters, so until you give them a proper face and facial hair options (moustaches, beards, etc.), I’m staying out of the discussion about male costumes.

2 Likes

Clothing gender should not be a concern, really. I think it is fina for players to use the costumes on whatever they want way. For example, if there is someone that feels comfortable on creating a male char with female costumes, why does it matter? Should be okay. People often play their game chars as representations of how they feel inside, so, why do not open a possibility of char customisation for that? Moreover and by the way, other thibg that must be addressed is thr option to create characters with other skin tones.
I comprehend that the game is based on asian representations with a norse-inspired background story, but, I saw SO MANY TIMES people complaining about not seeing their char skin color as true representative.
The TOS community is plural; great part of the public is not just white standard people, and open new horizons for character customizations for P.O.C or LGBT+ people would probably give ane upgrade in terms of self expression and identification (what leads people to spend more hours on playing the game because they feel like themselves, but in another universe)

2 Likes

BRILLIANT! I mean, sure, armours, I really like this idea… BUT this isn’t MAGICAL girl. It’s just regular girl (which is not even close to how awesome magical girls can be). So maybe another time they could swap the armour for casual clothing distribution?

OOOOOOH BOI, OH BOI, my heart raced when I read “upcoming”. BRING IT OOOON.

Will it be a unique model or several different types of customes?

Better than a Magical Girl Costume, I rather a Magical Girl Class!!
You know that a lot of players want this and Bullet Marker is a proof of non-historic class that is popular in the game.

And of course, put it on Cleric. The cute healing and buffs effects would be pretty better in a Healer! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Just give the boys sentai costumes and the girls magical girl costumes :smiley:

e.g.

1 Like

I cant see why not. Such a silly question.

the original sentai series didn’t have women since it was a manly genre (until the leftist/communists became more influential).

Imo there’s nothing wrong giving males the male equivalent of magical girl, which is Sentai (a man who transforms and wields mystical powers)

I think we need better sex separation in terms of costumes, like e.g. Miko and Kannushi.

Sentai + Magical girl could do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFxPX0FNHbA

I voted yes simply because there is no purpose of voting no if you think about it… It’s not like voting yes will force the male char to wear it (if that’s the case I would definitely say no!)

1 Like

“No way!”
We have thousand girly costumes for male character…
If you propose to create another costume, more masculine to compensate this… that’s okay
We need, for male characters, more masculine costumes too!

2 Likes

They all look like girls though.

YES PLEASE
My musketeer will be Mami with head

1 Like

definitely not!
It must be a joke, where all the great games invest in system “concept skins” the IMC must be crazy.

1 Like

There is a simple reason to vote no.

That way they’d have to consider designing an equivalent but different costume for male characters.

If you vote yes then all you do is support lazy design which will lead to even more costumes made for only female characters although they are “made to be worn by both sexes” (in reality male character wearing them will just come off as strange or ugly).

The whole game has a lot of manly character designs and costumes and yet the players don’t deserve to have them?

I want the male player base who want to play as males to be able to come over more manly.

We need manly hairstyles(including beards) and manly costumes to do so.

Imagine the Paladin Master dressing up as a magical girl, that’s just creepy.

2 Likes

I don’t think all we do by voting yes is to support lazy design though… Some people may like dressing their male char in magical girl costume.

I personally don’t like it either. I’m simply trying to be open-minded for people who do.

5 Likes

dude… no. please no, what direction are we even going to in this game.