Tree of Savior Forum

Shinobi: Rank 8 high damage broke Shinobi Class Multi-Builds [closed]

28/08/2016 - Acordingly with some players, it appear that Murmillo now have support to Rapier and One-Handed Spear, what make Murmillo a good continuation for Shinobi class using any previous class (except for 2 Handsword/2 HandSpear Builds).

I dont had the time to check this information, so for me still a rumor, but if this happened, this would remove almost every bad point of this post.

The original text of the post will be keeped to anyone who want to understand the situation before this happened.

Have a good game.

Hi, as the title sugest I will show you how Rank 8 high damage broke the Shinobi class multibuilds.

Observation: I’m not telling that the new linear build inst very powerfull, or that you cant go with what you like. Well, you can, but your damage will not progress as the linear builds do right now.
Maybe Rune Caster and Templar have similar problems too.

The fact is:
The damage of:

• Rank 8 new classes;
  • C2 continuation of rank 7 exclusive classes (Like Dragoon C2), or;
  • C3 continuation of Rank 6 exclusive Classes (like Fencer, Doppel);

Are so HIGH right now, that any exception of that builds will be a inferior Build (what means, BIG inferior damage in comparicion).

So, Before rank 8, I already saw:
Corsair > Shinobi. [Most common build, even if I dont like it]
Fencer > Shinobi.
Doppel > Shinobi.
Spear > Shinobi (Cath or Hop)
Tank > Shinobi (Pelt/Rod)

Why people make so different builds?
Because the damage was not so different from one rank to another. The Skills of Shinobi compensed that loss. But now is not worth it.

NOW the new skill of Doppel Zwerchhau begin with damage of 4553 and go to 7926.
Lancer skill Quintain reach 8K.
Fencher skill Attque Au Fer reach 7,5 K.
Murmillo skill Headbutt reach 7.5 K.
Most part of the news skills are around this damage, Not to mention the previous skills that can reach a big damage. Not to mention too, some classes as Doppel got area damage.

Now the path appear to be only with:
Shinobi>Lancer or Shinobi>Murmillo.
THERE IS NO WHERE TO RUN

Want corsair>Shinobi?? Awesome, you are bound to choose Murmillo.
(With this very ugly helmet). See now?

Forget Doppel > Shinobi or Fencer > Shinobi.
This path is very inferior now.

[So, its not a Rank 8 Swordsman exclusive problem with Shinobi]
So, its not a Rank 8 Swordsman exclusive problem with Shinobi, But all the Rank 8 classes from every Class Type (Cleric/Archer), are so powered right now, if you dont choose the top class in the end, will be very inferior, what somehow bound you to choose always a C3, C2 (for Rank 7 Exclusive) or new Class Rank 8.
I believe Rune Caster are having the same problem with some builds now.
Templar too, is just a manager now, forget go to battle unless you take Lancer or Murmillo instead Templar Rank C2.

I dont know if is because maybe Shinobi can copy some of high damage skills, so this will make Shinobi overpowered, what I dont think it is, but that would mean you can only choose shinobi if you invest everything on Bushin no Jutsu and pray that some powerfull skills can be copied, so you dont have to choose Lancer/Murmillo on rank 8.
I dont like Bushin no Jutsu, and before Rank 8 there was no obligation to use it, but now…

I really think Shinobi diserved C2 Circle, even with so much haters telling that this cant be done, because god told in their heads that cant , you know, the game code is not make by C++, LUA or whatever, is made by Titanium right? So this cant happen.

As it was cited by @Talon112 on answers bellow, the best thing to do if you are 2HandedShinobi is take Murmillo on Rank 8, and use only 1 Handedsword on PVP.
My point with this post was exactly show how this Rank 8 classes put Shinobi>Doppel in disadvantage, but yes, you can do that, since Doppel 1 still work with any weapon.

1 Like

They added more skills that bunshin can use with the R8 patch.

Shooting star and supposedly other stuff. We don’t know what.

rode3>shinobi>murmilo can solo siauliai mission…

My point with this post is show how Shinobi now have a linear build.

You always will have to choose Murmillo in the end, or otherwise take Lancer.
If Shinobis dont do that, willl be very inferior, what make Doppel > Shinobi and Fencer Shinobi not usefull anymore.

Tank > Shinobi > Murmillo
Spear > Shinobi > Lancer

Corsair? = Murmillo, with loss of some skiills.

yeah, agree, i think we should get another class for corsair>shinobi or corsair 3 builds =/

just add cyclone skill in bushin no jutsu he will great again

Sorry. I’m still quite new to shinobi. May i ask why did u said that Doppel > Shinobi & Fencer > Shinobi will be inferior to others? Can you enlighten me on that?

Because the damage in comparicion of any Rank 6 class to a Rank 8 class is enormous. Rank 8 class now are hiting easily 8K on the new skills, specially the new Classes Lancer a Murmillo.

So, if you are a Spear Shinobi that uses Cataph or Hoplite
or if you are a Tank Shinobi that uses Pelt or Rod
Your damage will be very high. (with Corsair too using murmillo!)

But if you decide to become Doppel/Fencer Shinobi, the maximum you will get will be Circle 2 of these two.

The fact is when you compare the sinergy and damage of a spear/tank Shinobi that will take Lancer/Murmillo in the end, With the damage of a Doppel C2> Shinobi or Fencer C2>Shinobi, you will be very dissapointed, because is almost 100% difference on the damage.

That is why I said now Shinobi have a linear build, that is using Spear or Tanking/Corsair.
With Corsair still working, but you will have to get Murmillo in the end anyway, or you dont will have much damage in comparicion.

What means Doppel/Fencer>shinobi now have inferior damage.

If you dont like murmillo (specially for the ugly Helmet), you are bound to choose a Spear path.

I don’t think shinobi skills are usable with mounts, so shinobi>lancer … well there’ll probably be a lot of mounting and dismounting if one does go down that path.

Rank 8 is also probably not the last rank we will get, so getting doppel 3 or fencer 3 once rank 9 is released an option (if there is nothing better at rank 9).

If you’re a fencer then you would also be weapon swapping a lot if you weren’t doing any weapon swapping anyway. Swapping 3 sets is possible just annoying.

Anyway everyone is fuked up at the end because Mobs have too much HP :joy_cat:.

Swap weapons is the solution for almost every build, but in this game, the FPS drop so much, specially on low power computers, so for some people (like me) became inviable unfeasible on PVP.
But for PvE, yes, this resolve many problems.

Actually i’m currently heading towards sw1 pel1 hop3 dop1 shinobi1. Are u advising that my next rank 8 will be either lancer or murmilo? If i choose to be dop2, my damage will lost out a lot compare to rank 8 right? Which is better? lancer or the helmet class?

Murmilllo made STRIKE Shinobi(Pelt+Rodelero) burst way above Pierce one.

Go lancer also Doppel is not inferior to other, don’t follow this guide. If you are using STR build you could go for doppel to get DOV and Cyclone. These 2 skills doesn’t require any stance. I agree Fencer path is bad but Doppel not so much I still prefer it over consair.

Actually my main build is just to get the burst on bosses. What is the difference if i go corsair and doppel? The reason i choose doppel is just because of the DOV buff + Cyclone. if i go corsair, will my burst be lower compared to if i choose doppel?

Well, yes, the comparicion to the damage of Murmillo/Lancer to a Doppel C2 for example is insane high, a big amount of difference, specially when you compare with Murmillo that have more synergy with shinobi. But since you are a Spear>Shinobi, I dont know.

Well, something I dont knew is that All the Skills of Lancer are Mounted :expressionless:
While Murmillo only work with One-handed Sword!

So, I have no ideia how it will work with Shinobi. If when you use the skill if unmount on the same time, I dont know.

My point with this post is to show, if you finish you build taking doppel on rank 7, your damage of only the skills will be around 3K.
But if you take murmillo doing a TankBuild, your damage will be around 8K!

So, that is why I told rank 8 broke Shinobi multi-build. YES YOU STILL CAN make any build, but the damage in comparicion with the optimal build will be so very low. Its like choose Swordsman C3 on rank 8, a complete disavantage above Murmillo and Lancer.

Problems:
Murmillo dont work with Rapier or 2HandedSword, neither Lancer work without be mounted, acordingly with ToSBase.com, so is a dead end, I dont know what you can do now. Will be your choice.
Even if you take Dragoon in the end, the damage of the skills still will be around 3 K at maximum.

Dont even know why you guys (shinobi) complain, shinobi has never been a good class due to bug, bad mechanics, situations, etc. Dont expect rank 8 to solve that. Shitty class will stay shitty

Actually, I enjoyed Shinobi Class. I never liked Bushin no Jutsu since my point was PvP anyway. Mokuton, Hidden from Katon and the damage of Mijin was awesome together with any class. But now without murmillo you will take double time to kill anyone.

Oh crap, i just made myself into Hoplite 3. So if i were to go into Doppel > Shinobi, I am only left with Doppel c2? Im so lazy to reroll another character already -.-

Well you can choose whatever you want, and if your focus is PvE, you only will take more time to kill a monster, its not so bad. You always will be behind those who chosed tank>shinobi>murillo :joy: Its not so bad.

Since you are Hoplite>Doppel going Shinobi, you may want to have a look on Dragoon C1 Skills and see if you like it. Generally, Dragons also take Hoplite>Doppel on Rank 6 (instead of the path with cataph) and the armor is the best on the game.
Other option if you want to be PvE and dont worry about the drop of FPS on swap weapons, is take Highlander C1. Wait What? Yes, many Cataph/Hoplite/ and mostly Fencer builds have Highlander C1 on the build, because CrossGuard Boost Pierce attacks, and spear is all about that. If I remember, is around 50% of boost, plus others buffs you can get with your previous path, but you need to confirm that.

You can try make a research around the web using your google/friendship skills to see how Shinobi works with cataph, because will be the answer if is good to get Lancer on Rank 8 or not.