Tree of Savior Forum

Share your Re:Build

Warlocks works best with Bokor because of the dark damage boost from Bokor’s “Hexing”.

I use Pyro, Sorc , Necro

but they just said in the ktos thread, that corruption will soon be a boost to poison damage instead of Fire as of todays ktos patchnotes
Unless someone made a mistake in translation.
Pyro, Necro is getting a little weaker.

Awww man that bites. Well thanks for the heads up. I guess as long as it still does the 30% phys it’s not completely meh. But that’s such a shanking to Nec/Pry. :frowning:

More importantly though… No more synergy with the cookie cutter Toa wizards. We don’t benefit from Tri-disaster and they don’t benefit from us anymore. The only thing we will be helping is featherfeet and Phys dealers.

Feels so bad… Maybe there is a synergy to be had with Nec/FF/Shadow what’s the race status of the shadow created by Infernal Shadow can we at least blood suck it?

But is that one skill of bokor worth over the all the shadow damage u get from shadowmancer?

Well Bokor isn’t only used purely for Hexing. First off Hexing is really good for parties because it lowers magic defence as well. Bokor also give you tons of passive damage from summons. Effigy is also good single target damage although Shadow Thorn is still stronger (the recent ktos changes will make Effigy weaker with higher cooldown and Shadow Thorn stronger with more damage). Bokor also has good 10 sec medium AOE burst with Damballa. Shadowmancer has Shadow Condensation and Shadow Conjuration.

Overall both are good picks for a dark build. In fact I do play a sub that is Bokor - Warlock - Shadowmancer. Single target is fine and this will get stronger with the ktos changes. AOE is not that good compared to the fire/ice variants. For context, I play the same CM with both characters with same equipment and I took around 2 - 3 min faster on my Pyromancer - Elementalist - Taoist to reach the boss. The AOE is lacking compared to the fire/ice/lightning element classes. However, the recent ktos buffs to Warlock and Shadowmancer will make the dark classes stronger and have more synergy between them.

Warlock has no synergy with Ele. It was good combo before re:build, now it’s trash. Bokor seems to be a good choice with 30% extra damage on Hexed enemies, but soon we’ll get a kToS patch which will change everything again:

• 10% min crit chance instead of 30% extra damage on Hexed enemies
  • HUGE magic defense debuff on Hexed enemies
  • Bokor skills buffed
  • Shadowmancer skills buffed
  • Mackangdal suicidal effect removed by Shadow Pool
  • Blood Curse back with 50% (!) extra damage on Cursed enemies

You see where this goes. Bokor-Shadowmancer-Warlock will be the way to go, unless you want to keep a third independent class, in which case you’ll go for FF-Warlock-X.

I was thinking between Featherfoot vs Bokor with Warlock and Shadowmancer.

Bokor has all the benefits like you mentioned. However, Effigy got nerfed if I’m not wrong but Damballa is better. The magic defence debuff is also much more beneficial in a party. Is the min crit chance better than the 30% dark damage? I’m not sure though.

Featherfoot however gives 50% more damage for dark skills which will greatly benefit Shadowmancer and Warlock.

1 Like

Hmm I see so youd pick bokor over ominyo in a shadowmancer/warlock build? Didnt know shadowmancer will get buffed makes me want to play it even more ;p

thought omni was pretty good with yinyang 50% damage increase tiger which is a great aoe skill as well

Been trying out my wizards in challenge mode so maybe I’ll just share with you guys what I have. All these wizards that I tried all solo the same challenge mode using the exact same equips. I’ll be sharing how these classes do in CM in terms of AOE and single target boss killing. Damage range is around 9.5k - 10k depending on the classes automated stat allocation.

Pyromancer - Elementalist - Taoist

• Definitely the top build that I have and probably the best and most popular among all wizard builds. AOE is covered with few combos. Always make sure you have Tri Disaster Charm up.I usually start with Fire Pillar (start of my skill rotation) so that I can CC mobs, and this allows me to set up my Fireballs for my Fireball + Storm Dust combo which is very strong. This combo has short CD and you will be able to use this combo at least twice in a single cycle (Fire Pillar starts my skill rotation) Flame Ground + Meteor is another good combo that I follow up. Storm Calling + Eradication is another fast combo with Eradication overheat x 3. Hell Breath and Prominence are follow up skills when your main combos what I bolded are on cooldown. Generally these are all you need for AOE. Single target against bosses is solved with Creeping Death Charm x 3 overheat. Hail and Stone Curse works as good CC on bosses. Note that if you use Stone Curse, do not use Taoist skills because it will reduce the skill damage by a lot. Overall this build is insanely strong in terms of AOE and boss killing

Cryomancer - Sorcerer w Froster Lord - Taoist (Ice Mage)

• Previously has Psychokino instead of Sorcerer but I decided that I have too many Psychokino (my other 2 builds have Psychokino), and hence I opt to change it. Elementalist ice skills are too weak to suit my “Ice Mage” theme so I went with Sorcerer with Froster Lord summon, which is still one of the best summons in the game. Same as the first build, always have Tri Disaster Charm on the field. I start off my skill rotation with Frost Pillar to CC mobs. This allow me to spam Ice Blast overheat x 3 easily. Storm Calling + Eradication x3 overheat is the same combo as before. Ice Pike is often used to freeze enemies so that I can survive better (since I’m soloing) and allow my summon to hit the mobs easier as well. For riding, I usually use Riding + D skill for Froster Lord because the damage is good and it also freezes. Morph so that it resets the cooldown of the D skill and I can use Riding to cast it again. Because the casting time for Morph is quite long, Ice Pike is useful here to freeze mobs so that you can Morph easily. Snow Rolling is also used as a filler to gather mobs, and this also allow my summon to hit them easier. Skill rotation wise is pretty smooth because Riding has low CD. Occasionally I would use the Riding + S skill as well as a filler before my Frost Pillar is off CD so that I can start my skill rotation agian. Overall the AOE is pretty good and the CC is great due to the multiple freeze. Single target is also strong from Creeping Death Charm x3 overheat. Sorcerer is pretty fun but if you are considering to use a Cryomancer + Taoist + 3rd class as a main, there are better options. I choose Sorcerer just to fit my “Ice Mage” theme and this wizard is not my main.

In general, Taoist is a class that you should consider if your build is lacking in boss killing. The other 2 classes can be classes to make up for the lack of AOE. Below are a few Taoist builds that are pretty viable in end game as well. They have the AOE of other classes + the single target DPS of Taoist.

• Pyromancer + Elementalist/Psychokino/Cryomancer + Taoist
  • Psychokino + Cryomancer/Onmyoji+ Taoist

Bokor - Warlock - Shadowmancer (Dark Mage)

• First thing is to get your zombies up because Damballa is a main part of this build. For CM in enclosed areas, Damballa work wonders and does a very huge burst damage when used. Also, it has a very short CD of 10 sec. What I usually do is fit 2 skills + Bwa Kamiyan (to stun mobs) > Damballa and repeat this. The 2 skills in this case are **Masterma/Pole of Agony/Demon Scratch/Shadow Conjuration/Shadow Condensation.**After using any of the 2, I use **Damballa to make use of the huge 10 cd burst.**Also, Invocation is very useful in CM when mobs are clustered closely. Demon Scratch also works well to pull mobs towards you. One flaw however is that compared to the first 2 builds, the “filler skills” are not as strong. Masterma is probably the strongest of the filler skills. Demon Scratch is mostly used to pull mobs. Pole of Agony is good but the AOE is narrow. Shadow Condensation takes time for the damage to kick in and the damage isn’t that high for a high CD skill. Shadow Conjuration is weak in general. I tried and this build however do still take around the same time to clear CM mobs (excluding bosses) as the other builds except the first build. Single target wise is pretty good because you have summons + Effigy spam + Shadow Thorn. Pole of Agony + Masterma is also strong on single target. Also, Infernal Shadow is useful for boss fights.

After the changes to the dark classes, I except this to be better. Also, I would try Featherfoot instead of Bokor for the 50% damage buff. This is what I predict would change in the build. Masterma has shorter CD and thus can be used more often. Shadow Conjuration has 2 overheat. Featherfoot has Blood Curse (35 cd)which is a new AOE skill. Also, I’m not sure how much AOE Kundela Slash has (says that is applies to maximum of 10 targets and do not apply AOE attack ratio so I’m not sure what this means). Losing Damballa would be painful but we’ll see how it goes in the AOE department. Single target wise I’m expecting it to be much better with Kundela Slash and higher dark damage overall.

Bokor - Sorcerer w Templeshooter - Necromancer

• Get your summons up. The playstyle is similar to the “Dark Mage”, but instead of casting 2 filler skills in between Damballa casts, I would cast riding skill on my Templeshooter. It is much easier to use Riding skills of Templeshooter now because you can aim where the skill hit rather than the summon aiming the nearest target. I like Templeshooter a lot on this because it has 3 skills compared to other summons which has 2. The strongest skill would probably be S > F > D. Same as the “Ice Mage”, Riding to cast S > Damballa + filler > Riding to cast F > Morph + Damballa. I Morph after using 2 riding skills because those 2 skills are pretty strong and using Morph after would reset those 2. If Morph isn on CD and S or F skills are on CD, I would then use D skill. The annoying thing about this build is that it is hard to keep track of your skeleton summons at higher levels. At low level CM the summons won’t die as easily but at higher levels, it is hard to keep track how many is left alive and whether or not you need to resummon them. Against bosses it is actually pretty good with a tons of summons attacking and all you mostly do is Hex + Effigy spam + Desmodus debuff + Necromancer Bane debuff. Basically you want to keep your debuffs up at all times.

Psychokino - Onmyoji - Alchemist

• My alchemist that I use to farm Uosis. Onmyoji AOE is big enough for me to effectively farm Uosis. In CM, Psychokino + Onmyoji is actually strong enough for me to clear the mobs around the same time as the other builds except the first. Fire Fox Shikigami boosted Gravity Pole is the main highlight when it comes to damage. It hits like a truck and can hold mobs in place. Yin Yang Harmony is another strong AOE skill. The other Onmyoji skills are good and have wide AOE, but at higher level CM their damage isn’t as strong and would require maybe 3 of Onmyoji skill to clear a bunch of mobs for my damage range.

For alchemist, if you are looking for end game, you would either want to go for damage whereby you need 2 very strong DPS classes, or support. For support, Chronomancer would work well. For DPS, combination of Pyromancer + Elementalist is a very good classic combo. However, if you are looking as a potion crafter/awakening shop/gem roasting character but want to be strong enough to farm and clear CM, the same 2 options apply for my Taoist recommendations.

• Pyromancer + Elementalist/Psychokino/Cryomancer + Alchemist
  • Psychokino + Cryomancer/Onmyoji+ Alchemist

Pyromancer - Psychokino - Sage

• My portal character. This build actually clears mobs around 1 min faster than all the mentioned builds except the first. Flame Pillar + Raise to start off my skill rotation. This combo is stronger because Raise increase the hits of Flame Pillar by around 10 more. When mobs are stuck in this, I set up my fireballs and get ready for my Fireball + Psychic Pressure combo. This combo works well in close areas. Next would be my Heavy Gravity + Flame Ground combo. I often use Gravity Pole after that just to hold mobs in place when Flame Ground is still there. Magnetic Force + Hell Breath as my last combo (Magnetic Force to gather mobs). Hole of Darkness and Prominence are filler skills. As you can see, I barely use any Sage skills because Pyromancer + Psychokino is enough for me to clear mobs. If you are using Sage just to be a portal shop but want to be strong enough to solo CM, this is a good combination.

TLDR

• Taoist is very good as a boss killer
  • Pyromancer has strong synergy with other classes and have good AOE, making it a very viable option for AOE
  • Alchemist and Sage are not really that end game. They would need 2 other strong classes to make them viable. Or else they are just merchants.
  • Dark classes are not as strong as the Fire/Ice/Lightning classes. However, the incoming dark buff might change that.
1 Like

Hello! Thanks a lot for the guide.
Can you please link your final skill tree for Pyro-Ele-Tao?
What cards should i get for that build? And what weapon we use Rod or Staff?
Thanks a lot

https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y2t9s9z2

Extra points are up for you to allocate. I’m not so sure about cards because I’m also trying to start getting them since I came back from Re:Build. Generally the consensus I feel is that Pyromancer benefit from Staff due to Staff Mastery: Fire, but Rod and Shield is generally better because of the extra defense and also the rod quick casting attribute so it depends on you.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for these guides, they have really helped a lot
What can you suggest as a 3rd class for this to replace Sorcerer?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Chronomancer’s is good for Velcoffer because of Pass. You can also Pass to cast x6 Creeping Death Charm that does a lot of damage

Psychokino is also good for the crowd control. Also have good synergy with Cryomancer with Ice wall + Psychic Pressure combo.

Pyromancer is also good because both Fire and Ice skills get boost from Taoist’s Tri Disaster Charm.

Sorcerer to me is not a very good choice but I personally did it because I already have 2 other Psychokino and 2 other Pyromancer. Also I’m making another Chronomancer’s - Runecaster - Taoist. Sorcerer fits nicely in my Ice Mage theme by having ice looking skills from Froster Lord Summon

I am trying it out and it looks very solid :smiley: do you think it makes sense to put those 12 extra points of ele in Electrocute or just max stone curse?

You will use Electrocute on Storm Calling for double number of targets. And since Electrocute only increases number of targets with level you don’t have to put 12 points into it. In my build I have 10 in Electrocute and 4 in Stone Curse (11s duration, roughly the same as Hail).

Personally I didn’t even get Electrocute even though it works well with Storm Calling. One of the reason is that Electrocute is 10 cd while Storm Calling is 25 cd so you won’t really get the benefit of Storm Calling for every Electrocute you cast. Also, I already have enough skills in my rotation with the standard Pyro-Ele combos, with Hell Breath/Eradication/Prominence/Fire Pillar as good filler skills when my main combo is on CD that I didn’t felt the need to add Electrocute. Different people have different preferences thats why I left you skill points as spare points which you can put into whatever you want.

So you actually max stone curse? and put the rest on fire claw? I thought the same that the combo is good (electrocute-Storm Calling) but not efficient with those cooldown.

This is what I do when I fight boss for let’s say CM bosses or Saalus.

Always start with Tri Disaster Charm. This is important because it boosts both lightning and fire damage.

• Hail > x3 Creeping Death Charm > x3 Eradication. Hail will finish and I use
  • Stone Curse > Fireball + Storm Dust Combo > Fire Pillar > Flame Ground + Meteor > Prominence > Fire Claw >Hell Breath

Above is my main combo when fighting bosses. Stone curse higher duration is to make sure bosses don’t run out of my combo and Fire Pillar AOE and also fire attacks do more damage.

Note that when you use Stone Curse other elements so less damage. So using Creeping Death Charm when boss is under Stone Curse is a very bad idea. Fire Claw would be stronger in future when they give it enhance attribute.

Hi guys!
I’m currently using a Pyro>Ele>Omny and the build feels good, but I feel like testing out something else.

I’m torn between Pyro>Ele>Tao and Pyro>Kino>Omny. Would love any insights on both builds, specially for Kino since I already saw a lot of Tao videos since it’s currently meta.

Pyro-Ele-Tao is one of the best builds, and for good reason. You have good AOE combos from Pyro + Ele (flame ground + meteor, fireball + Storm Dust) , while having very good single target DPS from Taoist Creeping Death Charm. Tri Disaster Charm from Taoist makes this even stronger

Pyro-Kino-Onmy is also very good. The AOE is better because of Onmyoji, and the CC is better because of Kino. Firefox boosted Gravity Pole is also very strong. Pyro-kino also have good combos (fire pillar + raise, heavy gravity + flame ground, fireball + Psychic Pressure which have more range due to Firefox). Tough it has better AOE, it do not have as good single target DPS.

If you are using Pyro-Ele-Onmy, I would suggest swap Onmy for Taoist or swap Ele for Kino because those 2 builds I mention above has a much better synergy. In general the Taoist build seems better mostly because of it’s 1v1 bossing capability. The Onmy build tend to fare better in AOE.