Tree of Savior Forum

Share your re: build experiences

I just have i single thing that i didn’t like:
Necromancer lack of parallel damage. Once we have Dirty Pole, Flesh Strike and a DECENT Flesh Cannon. I miss soo much this skills. They were once unique and made my head about choosing Necromancer instead of Sorcerer. I really wish that IMC rethink this decision and bring back these skills again.

From my experience looks like we got that first rebuild patch, where koreans were complai ing about difficulty that got toned down eventually.

The sp costs are crazy high, saalus bosses hitting for a ■■■■ tom of dmg that is hard to keep up with Just hp pots, even 15s cd ones.

Scouts dagger attack still do pierce dmg and scouts in general feel very very fragile, i couldn’t keep alive during my saalus run.

So far i’m disapointed but not surprised with the lazyness of imc, since we had to wait until jannuary, one could hope we would at least get a more up to date version of the game.

2 Likes

The dificuly I find it to be fine, my main problem is everything going down like water cause we got less stats where we want them and less of it too…

HP SP and STA might as wll be rename to Kool-Aid Water and Piss

Daily Content:
CM is easier
Dungeons are easier
Saalus is harder

Raids
Haven’t tried any raids yet

Misc
SP usage is high across the board. Especially since Spr no longer gives max or regen, we’re really feeling it SP wise.
A lot of skills still need some more SFR and/or SP adjustments

1 Like

lol more hp where? hahahahaha this guy

Pretty bad man this thing happen to me:

CM easier?

No. Sure not. I had trouble to survive beginning with CM4 and trying to Solo CM6 was ended by death even though my Plague Doc is hard to kill. Before I had no problems to survive in Stage 6. Now I am more busy trying not to die. But to be honest: I like it.

1 Like

IMHO not that bad, but not good either. Kinda came at a wrong time for me since every start of the year is a busy time for me. I was only able to test a few characters yesterday, and not even a thorough one.

Sp cost surely skyrocketed. My Dragoon really took a hit because of this. I haven’t tested my falconer-mergen but from what i’ve read, its gonna be that bad too.

Saalus became harder - but not as hard as it was when Magburk mission was still live. Even the mobs who usually die in one hit are harder to kill now.

A lot of debuffs/buffs were removed (i’m looking at you Hop-goon, again) and i believe it somehow diminished my dps even further.

Agree, it’s more or less, kind of one the side of meh though. There’s good things (better class/skill window, build freedom, new classes, class buffs) but there’s a few terrible things making stuff unenjoyable for everyone.

Since people already mentioned how terrible SP usage and Saalus is, I wanna take the time to mention that it feels IMC dropped the ball on new/returning players on a big update (again). I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement an in-game guide/system to point leveling players in the right direction to prevent them from spamming chat. Also, probably give out basic gear through quests so they don’t complain as much about it.

Leveling got harder as a result of blessing nerf (personally haven’t felt it since most of my chars were high level) which is kind of concerning since most of the playerbase hangs out at high level content…which discourages new players and makes leveling a chore.

To tie in to the last point, it feels like leveling players were also struggling because class balance feels wacky atm, especially with wizards. Certain classes that had huge damage but huge drawbacks now have regular damage with huge drawbacks (Featherfoot, shadowmancer, musketeer, zealot to an extent) while others are damage kings that “coincidentally” also happen to have been moved across class trees or introduced in the update (taoist and assassin stick out the most).

They really wanted to emphasize team play, but they did so by simply nerfing everything globally and looking at some underused features and then applying a handicap to players so that they need to take advantage of the features (SP change).

Adding more hp to enemies is a way to promote teamplay sure, but that’s more of enforcement rather than encouragement.

They could have really taken a look at some classes and found really unique and interesting ways to encourage cross-class teamwork that also promotes the general idea of the class. Like a passive effect that can be accomplished almost exclusively through teamwork that benefits the team but doesn’t hinder the solo experience

Some examples could be say Schwartz Reiter, who is a mounted ranged unit. Historically they were about their mobility and hit and run tactics. So why not give them a passive that makes them do a powerful aoe burst if they could hit the enemy from a certain number different angles in a short time span. This would require the enemy to be focused on someone else or be locked down in a way that prevents them from rotating to face the reiter. The reiter already wants to be moving and shooting, so why not reward them for playing to the class’s strength?

The Peltasta/Matador could passively increase the damage by a small amount that monster’s aggro’d on to them take from sources that aren’t the peltasta/matador

The Doppelsoeldner grants a small amount of sp to allies after defeating any enemy they personally get the killing blow on (they’re all about killing for financial gain, so why not reward them for swiping kills)

There are alot of possibilities for benefits that are small enough that solo players can miss them, but significant enough that teamplay becomes exciting and engaging and wildly different depending on the class combinations you are with (yknow, the main selling point of this game)

1 Like

darn didnt notice it was a one time change tree, thought it was every day. Guess ill go back to retirement again.

Not much time to test until weekend comes. Settled my archer build.

Over on the cleric side hmm… going for Druid - PD - Kabbalist. Somehow I find that kabbalist is like pulling the build down with little to no synergy with the other 2 classes.

6 Likes

Some classes feel a bit weird, some feel a lot better. I’ve started to enjoy Swordie again after this patch. I really like Fencer-Rodel-Matador. Keeping your shield pdef with Epee up :ok_hand:
Epee removes the shield visually from your character… so it kind of looks like you’re slamming the ground with your fists w/ Targe, or giving enemies a right hook w/ Bash.

Hunter is still buggy. I hits a lot harder now, but it’s still buggy.
Scout and Archer are hard to spec without picking the same classes every time, because of the lower class amounts.
They kind of feel dull because of this, except gun scout which feels pretty nice.

3 Likes

CMs became harder to survive, but easier to kill the monsters. My weapon only has trans1 yet I was still able to complete stages1-5 in 9-10mins, which is something I would never be able to do pre-patch, so I like it.

But yeah, way harder to survive. Heal lvl5 is enough for stages 1-4, but starting at 5 I need to use hp pots, which is another thing I never did in the past lol

And another thing: Chaplain+Inqui seems bugged. The flames dont proc chaplain extra lines at all. Still really strong though. Also its kinda funny how Visible Talent can one-shot CM bosses lol, 999k auto attack is fun.

There’s your problem… you’re solo-ing CM… no wonder its hard for you… try and socialize… join a CM party… you might like it. :wink:

1 Like

I guess I could’ve elaborated. Monsters died faster, but they did more dmg than I recall.

I consider that easier because it helps clear faster.

I prefer party play, to the point I mained linker/thaum before re:build hit. That being said, people should play the game how they want to. If they wanna do stuff solo then props to them, there’s no need to push them away from their preferred playstyle. There’s also the fact that solo doesn’t indicate they didn’t want party. They might have just been testing stuff, or maybe none of their usual group was online, etc.

There’s also stuff that should be soloable especially if you’re in like a +16/T10 legendary set lol, or if you’re doing content way below your level.

5 Likes

Soloing CM makes sense,though, you get to keep all the silver that drops,not only a portion.
If you can, you should try and solo instead of joining a party.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what causes the no fps/no interactions bug and how to fix it cause it;s getting REALLY annoying

EDIT: :anger:

Time to make my archer again… Collect cards, collect my voucher box to reclaim my appraicer status…

click click image

Check F1…

4 Likes

[quote=“brunoldultra, post:15, topic:395605”]
Any class I end up looking isn’t there anymore, feels like core mechanics were stripped instead of “toned down” like they said.[/quote]
Core mechanics have changed, of course, but this has nothing to do with qs. And if you like running shot you have your options in archer branch but without damage boosting running shot. Just get out of your hole and open your eyes.

1 Like