Tree of Savior Forum

Shadowmancer Shadow Adaptation Training Question

Ok… Doesnt sound too bad… But i still get the original shadowmancer outfit (or any new rank 8 classes) by class change right?

You get the ugliest version of the costume, yes.

Shadowmancer one is easy, but the final stage is difficult without external help (addon, move speed buffs, etc…)

Yea i was watching some videos on youtube about this quest.

How is this fair?! So the boxes move faster than you unless you buy a token and movement speed buff? Is movement speed 30 (base) undoable or just difficult?

And yea, I can see why lag would drive people mad in this quest. I better spend $500+ on a gaming PC for a piece of accessory that does nothing other than cosmetic lol.

No, the boxes do not move faster than you no matter what movement speed you hae.

And with base speed you can get the pink costume fine, but I’d be amazed if you could get the winter night accessory.

To be honest, I really just want the lunarhide, same goes with other classes, except matador’s cape.

Speaking of winter night, is winter night costume (not the accesory) released in iToS? How to get it? That costume looks so cool.

nope, even with $500+ gaming PC, you will still lag.
Lunarhide is easy (around 55-65 points, honestly I forgot since most of my focus end up going for the Winter Night) but looks ugly honestly, the default one is better (I hate because of that dirty racoon tail looking thing)

Yes lunarhide is easy.

Winter Night costume came from goddess blessed cubes so your only chance to get it now is to buy from market.

Also it will probably come to the goddess exchange medal shop so you can buy it cheaper when it comes out there.

getting 60 - 70 ees easy wen u habbe speedbuffs leik seed an kookies

koz dese are point u kyan obtain even eef u maek 2-3 mistaeks

geting de final reward ees near impossibel due tu de lak of time an spaes ast de kounter goes down

ders only a maximum respawn number of balls tu kollek but as de round ees ending ders tuu meni fast moving boxes runing towards u dat de tiniest bit of lag wille be ur downfall

stacking tier 2 speed buffs like condensed movespeed, support potions, goddess statue, sprout, returners books, fortune cookies, etc. is a decent alternative if you don’t have a handy squire and RC.

If you’re like me and are in a bad range from the server and on a terrible computer, it’s pretty much impossible to get anything past lunarhider. which im glad for because it’s the only one I really want, lmao. (i think the fur is cute 8(…)

If you lag, stacking too much speed actually causes it to lag harder since the cubes speed up to match you. The cubes actually start turning invisible, lmao. Find a speed that makes it both easier to manage and won’t start the rubberbanding thing, since. As soon as it starts rubberbanding, it’s pretty much over. i got hit with invisible stuff so much before I finally figured out what was happening, and it more or less was pure utter luck in the final 30 seconds that I ever got it with my lag lmfaooo. i usually hit 60 way before stage 3 ended, but somehow I feel like that makes it harder since I spent the rest of the time running and praying to god and buddha and jesus that they wouldn’t turn invisible. and the more you consistently run without stopping the more prone they seem to be doing that. i dont get it either

2 Likes

i travel inna 1 directional cycle tu avoid de popping in front of u wen i habbe veri hi-muvspeed

yep, i ran in a counter clockwise direction in a circle avoiding the gaps where the cubes spawn. with my computer, it really didn’t matter. one hiccup and it was over so. quite literally nothing i did mattered, it came down to whether or not the client wanted to spare me or not.

fyi for anyone doing this, in the final 45ish seconds while you’re running for your life, the cubes spawn in every direction but you should be able to skirt them and corral them in a kind of circular wave. You can also jump over cubes but I didn’t risk it when the lag hit a certain point lmao

1 Like

yeh… jumping werks 30% of de tiem ; w ;

If you even just move straight towards them they won’t hit you…they’ll try to turn around. Risky with lag though.

Shxxxxxxxt!!! This quest is impossible!!!

The lags!! Shadows not being picked up!!!
Even with 42 movement speed I still fail!!!
Screw this! I’m wearing sorcerer costume!!

1 Like

sometimes it’s not the full fault of the lag but a mix of lag and ball’s pinpoint hitbox.

that only touching them is not enough to get them, but you have to be on the exact point of the ground on where they’re floating from

i used to not get a lot of those balls due to that, but after realizing it, i was able to capture more than i used to.

i usually have to walk lower than the ball’s level to get them. or have the character’s head on the same level as the ball

I found 40 mspd to be a quite comfy target speed to do this quest without the chasers being ridiculously fast, and you having enough speed to collect around.

My current record is 85/90, but yeah the lag spikes and the RNG chaser on yer face are an issue.

@skonryu actually, if you walk from south of ball upward to pick up, it works best.

@Wolfy I feel like chasers are more aggressive when ur movespeed is high. It’s mostly my computer though, starts out ok, but when there are many boxes, lags like crazy.

Personally i think it’s more fair if the points required are halved. The prizes are purely cosmetic afterall…

Have you read my tip with using rune caster giant buff to get the quest done?

I’ve got 94/90 (so all the costumes) by using rune of giants next to squire camp buff while riding on mount. It really makes the quest a lot easier with higher movement speed but if your buffs run out in the middle of a run then you’re screwed. But with camp buff extend duration, rune of giant lasts long enough for your runs.

1 Like

yes that’s what i mean by lower than the ball, south = lower 'w’y

@Sakanagi no friendswho has those classes, and pretty much a lot of people hate me for my obscured grammar

i just have to accept my place for that costume as how i accept how the community sees me ; w ;

Fxxk this!!
Never in my life have I been so frustrated about a fxxking online game!!!
I’m gonna have a mental break down if I keep trying. At this point I’d much, MUCH rather pay $100 for people to do it for me.

Thanks skonryu and Sakanagi for all the tips. The main problem has to be my computer, not the buff or movespeed. Doing this quest drops my fps so much. 1 split second of lag = drop my score to single digits…