Tree of Savior Forum

Shadowmancer Shadow Adaptation Training Question

I plan to temporarily be a chronomancer to use the haste skill for this stressfull challenge

do skills work during this quest? I tried using manticen cards

but after the buff runs out, all my other movement speed buff (seed, cookie, speed pots, settlement, token)was nullified along with it during the duration of the quest, and wasting a turn…

May i also ask what is the specific points to get the third reward item for this quest? everytime i get around 80 i plan to get more fearing my points arent enough but i always got caught by the chasers during this point since there are so many of them to even safely run back to the center at my current speed…

Thank you

Can’t really cheese the quest with speed enhancers. It even seem the cubes become more fierce when you try to because my char with Windrunner + speed pot was getting absolutely hounded by them, where my alt without either would not experience that.

The third reward item, I wonder myself what the requirement is. I was assuming it was 90 points(60->75->90) however, hitting exactly 90 points didn’t give me anything. So it’ll be something above that. Maybe 91 because why the hell not, lol.

1 Like

no skills works in quest, u must use before enter the quest (u should clarify this by any chronomancer out there)

what i encounter mostly in this quest is the LAG started from point 60*…i still hv 1 more item at stage 3 to achieve with…(headgear mov+1 + sprout+token+wind runnr+movement speed pot+ cookie) works well but the PROBLEM is the FREEZE screen 0.5 sec issue!!!

i even notice the movement speed bug during i’m running around & it seems dropped (even slower than i’m wearing wind runner+1 movement headgear)

well, i’m quite PISSED with such quest especially freeze issue

btw, if u rank reset it to temporary chronomancer n reset again…u’ll lost the shadowmancer costume ( i guess)

2 Likes

but with speed enhancers i can actually get more spheres in early rounds as compared to without enchaners because the rate of finding spheres will be faster

i didn’t lose the shadowmancer costume as long as put a shadowmancer class on the temp reset.

so skills dont work huh… and the gem is achieved on 90… i wish they make this easier though… especially with the lag problem…

Thank you guys

your response is very much appreciated ‘w’/

Well. You have Chasers following you with the same mspd you have (normally) and shadow orbs you can only collect by sitting on them for a second.

I see a clear mismatch here. Imc once again carelessly ignored itos apparent high latency case and made another gimmick event based on super low latency server-client communication.

Or how imc calls it:

‘‘It’s not our fault you guys have such a poor net! It’s working fine in Korea!’’

Ps: I think the carried buffs is a bug imc intends to fix later. Everyone is supposed to have 30 mspd! My advice: LVL11 base camp + rune of giant :stuck_out_tongue:

Hm, guys, i’m kind of new to this.
Since there’s almost no info about those quests, can anyone clear things up a bit?

There are 15 tries, is there a way to reset those tries?
What will be if the player won’t be able to complete it & get those costumes throughout 15 entries?
It’d be a pity if that’s how the things are.
Btw, my lags start somewhere at 30-40 points. Gosh and here i thought that will never have to kite mobs again xP

Edit: Ah, my bad, missed the main info x) Thanks for the info, lumo :sweat_smile:

Reset on Mondayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .

1 Like

use the current event. Get Statue + Cookies + Seed. Oh and if you have settlement potion get it too. Get a mount that you can ride mine was penguin which gives 4 ms. I land mine at 43 ms

Just get buffs that can last the whole quest. Do not use Boost like Rune of Giant and Haste since if your speed changed during the Quest (unmounting/buff duration) or checked your ms by F1, your ms will be reset to 30/31 which is the legal speed for the quest. You will notice this because at 43 ms, shadows gets left behind unlike with 30 where the shadow is directly behind you

I got mine at 94 points for the stage 3, I also think that this quest is near impossible without this because at certain ms (75 or more) the cubes moves faster than 30 ms. So you have to pinpoint your score at 74 and get all 4 shadows and land 94 just before the time run out. (or 78 if shadows stage 3 only give 4, i forgot)

Sorry to necro the thread, but has anyone had any recent achievements with this hell of a quest?

I managed to hit 90 points and the lagging cubes ghosted in front of my path.

What the actual f**k is this quest? Send help.

lol yeah… i got 60+ and suddenly everything freeze… point to 0

thx God this quest will be changed soon (in ktos first ofc) so there will be much easier to get 3th prize…

Another issue is that the coding is suxs, whenever you change direction, those chasers will “recalculate” its gps and it cause massive lag, especially on stage 3 final phase, which will freeze you or caused you to desync and lost everything.

And 1 more thing, there is a place sometime will block you on the right side, i don’t know what is that, and I always avoid to use that way.

Same to me, i got 60+ few times and die and last 10s due to massive chaser lag.

Well, what I did to deal with the issues in regards to performance and frame drops when I was doing the quest and working to get the stage 3 reward:

• Disable vsync if you have it on. The frame drops feel far less when your fps is far above 60, rather than starting at 60, since they can likely make you dip below 30 and at such low values it hurts far more for obvious reasons. Especially as the cubes can start teleporting randomly and even through the rocks when frame drops happen… for some reason.
  • As much as poor performance make one think that lowering certain graphics is a good idea: don’t. For some reason at lower graphic settings the cubes keep reloading their texture randomly, which contributes to frame drops a lot more, specially at the higher stages. Just having FXAA off should be enough.
  • Don’t buy into the whole movement speed increases to try and cheese it. It may help, it may not. At least to my experience it did not as it would make the cubes more fierce while chasing you as they seem to go based on your speed. Only having token buff as a speed increment, the cubes would never walk as fast as I did, where with buffs they would most certainly do their best to keep up with me, making spikes, if they happen, more punishing due to no distance advantage.
  • Block the chat server with windows firewall. You can find information on the ToS Reddit about how to do that from way back when RMT bots were a big problem. Do note it may not be accurate and require experimenting on your side to find the right IP/port range but it should at least give a rough idea. Why block the chat server? Because for some reason chat contributes to spikes, especially if its an RMT bot with their multi-line messages. Hiding chat and/or disabling the scrolling top bar does not seemingly do any actual difference while outright killing the chat through windows firewall on the other hand does.
  • Try to avoid any uncomfortably close calls as much as you can. For some reason close proximity(e.g when you can see the cube’s name from being too close) can cause a spike. Once you got the routes for grabbing orbs down tho and a rough idea of the spawn points for cubes, the only ever close encounter would be the middle-south, which have the least wriggle room but rarely fatal. As mentioned earlier about walk speed and trying to cheese, there shouldn’t be an issue with keeping distance if all one have is the token movement speed boost, at most.

Those are the tips I can give which did the difference for me after trial and error across two characters during the first two resets til I obtained the last piece, as the frame drops was the biggest evil by far in the quest(outside scoring >90 as 90 exactly does -not- yield the item). Hopefully some of it may help. Good luck!

I managed to pull an 89 in my last set of runs, which was agonizing because I got like 5 points less than usual in Stage 1 at that run because I was messing with camera settings.

One thing I recommend that helped me a lot is getting the ZoomyPlus addon, so you can see the whole screen at once. And get the ObjectDetector addon, so that you can see immediately when and where the shadow energies (and cubes) spawn. It forces you to keep track of a lot more information at a time, but imo the benefit to doing so is tremendous.

Before I wasn’t sure I could reach 90 points even if there weren’t any cubes spawning, but now I’m confident I’ll clear Stage 3 as soon as I get a run that doesn’t frame drop me into a dozen chasers.

Zoomy truly helps a lot!

Honestly i gave up trying to get any of the costumes, can’t even get the first costume (60 points) because of random lags and disconects at the middle of quest… the worst part of it to me is when a chaser decide to spaw exactly at the spot you are moving… you don’t even have a chanse to dogde!!!

They’re changing it? How so? I lost track of ktos changes =_=

just check last Gwenyth patch translation ;p cant link it no w cuz im in work ._.

There are two major changes to the quest coming.

1. Chaser cubes will despawn after a set amount of time.
  2. Chaser cubes will remain stationary for a few seconds after spawning. You don’t suffer any penalty for running into them at this time.

The first one should help alleviate at least some of the frame dropping issues, while the second one prevents you from losing because a cube literally spawned on top of you. Both excellent changes, though I’ll still be trying to get the accessory before the changes come through.