Tree of Savior Forum

Shadowmancer project build, we have time before the game comes, unless I rob a granny

So, I believe Taoist will be some sort of Dark/Light DPS class, and taking Warlock 2/3 or Taoist 1/2/3 (it would depend on Taoist real rank, so I’ll be saying Warlock3 > Taoist) to rank 10 seems like a very possible combination.

Thinking like that there are a few possible combinations that seems like good DPS makers:

• Wiz3 > Ele 3 > Warlock 3 > Taoist, probably the most used if people get rank 7 before sage comes, viable, but many people believe Ele is a combination for Sage since Wizzards already have many support classes.

• Wiz > Pyro2 > Ele3 > Warlock 3 > Taoist, probably very common too but I don’t think it will be a good combination, might work for Sage though (?).

• Wiz > Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 > Warlock 3 > Taoist, People who get tired of going support all the way might try this because they basically have a pretty strong base of skills for any sort of play.

• Wiz3 > Cryo > Kino > RC > Warlock3 > Taoist, this is my DPS oriented version of a very versatile gameplay, you would have a massive damage skill combo from early skills that scalates very well, also kino has some CC, Cryo some CC and QC for casting runes and amplifying damage.

• Any other not entirely DPS oriented build > Warlock 3 > Taoist. Will always be good because wizards are gods, but well, don’t go too hybrid.

• Wiz > Cryo3 > Kino > RC > Warlock3 > Taoist, same as above, much harder to use runes, for PvP needs help of another player to cast. Subzero and Frost Tree are pretty good.

• Wiz > Cryo3 > Kino2 > Warlock3 > Taoist, probably very popular build too, good CC.

• Wiz 3 > Thauma 3 > Warlock 3 > Taoist, this is the build I came up with that made me think about this topic, considering everyone is taking low rank classes to make a strong base for a future build, think about this one. Wiz 3 good and everyone knows that, pyro and cryo skills have their power lessened because monsters are too strong. The same goes for thauma 3, it’s a rank 4 class that gives 650 atq (imagine those archers hitting bosses and AoE massive damage) + 265 matq + 145 INT, also 2x exp and loot , when you think about +50% damage with a +410 matq combo and any physical classes being able to get 2x hp, I can only imagine how huge the difference would be for the Warlock + Taoist combo. This is just my theory though, you may all prove me wrong.

If you too are sad about the lauching dates come and discuss the future of our class.

CHANGES:

TAKE EVERY TAOIST WORD AWAY AND PUT SHADOWMANCER INSTEAD.

I’m probably going Wiz3 > Linker > Sorc2 > Warlock 3 > Shadowmancer for 10 ranks.

3 Likes

I don’t think Taoist will be at majority a dps class. It suit more, in my opinion, for a supportive class.
The full class name is “Taoist Priest”
Regarding the religion, it has more link with the harmony and the peace.
It’s very possible that with the Taoist Priest introduce in mages trees his first “life healer” or maybe just a “Mana Healer”.
The other class for the mage tree will be Mimic Enchanter Onmyoji Sage and Shadowmancer.
Onmyoji and Shadowmancer look in this list the more dps relevant.
The Onmyoji smells like an other summoner with orientals demons
The Mimic will probably be a copy/trick/annoying class.
The Enchanter smells like a control class.
No clue about Sage

• in my opinion - There is not viable source tell us what developper will chose for those class. If you have more informations about what TOS is planning please share us sources.
2 Likes

I don’t know but shadowmancer looks like a summoning class, like a class that summons ghosts and hides or something, not sure obviously.

I know taoist priest has the priest part in his name but that could be related to angel and devil related skills, not sure, but in case shadowmancer goes for the dark DPS way of thinking it could enter the combinations above.

My point in this toppic is to find out what first 5 or 6 classes are the best way to build a strong DPS buffs (I believe it should be the main point when thinking of early classes) /skills (though probably less effective on higher levels). I see too many people going ele 3 and wonder if that will be really good for future contents, I mean, Wizz has some nasty support on it’s lower build, and have already begun to show signs of classes with potential to cause massive damage.

I know there is no source, but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be aware that they exist and plan accordingly.

Of course Quick Cast is our #1 10/10 dps insurance. Those who have it will excel as damage dealers at later ranks. Those without it; might wanna consider taking a support class or two. :sweat_smile:

They could nerf the magic damage attribute or something if people cry hard.

Oh ok I understand better.

I think you could envisage mage having differents elementals schools.
All schools with dps potential.
Those schools are define accordingly by attributes and skills buffs.

1 Fire
pyromancer elementalist

2 Ice
cryomancer elementalist rune caster

3 Earth/LightningPoison
Linker

4 Darkness
Warlock

We are talking about +50% for Earth lighthing Poison. Over 300% for ice etc.
It will be sad to ignore this attributes while you build you future dps.
Mixing a bit of all and try to be polyvalent will make you lose damage power.
So perhaps in order to boost your dps chosing what school or schools you wish to belong it’s a good thing. And then dedicate yourself in one path.
Equipement also increase element damage. So you will have choice to make between equipement increasing earth damage or fire for example. In term of dps a true element mage will out dps a polyvalent mage that want play with all elements for many reasons.

So when I look your builds I think that the combinasion ;
Wiz 3 > Thauma 3 > Warlock
it’s promising if you want to take advantage of a future class.
I personaly like
wiz 3 > Linker c1 > chronomancer
The new chronomancer skill “pass” -25sec cd is : wow
In most mysterious class coming, chronomancers will have a utility.

I’m almost sure of going thauma 3, I might still change wizz 3 for pyro 2 or pyro 1 link 1, not sure though.

I don’t really like the fact that you can only get chrono at class 5, which makes it not possible to get warlock at rank 7, though it will be nice for classes of above rank (and probably not DPS oriented).

The problem would be to get the levels to do such class combinations, as you’d only have wiz3 and auto attacks (they would do a lot of damage actually because of the boneses, but the skill set is horrible)

I also feel like Wiz 3 > Link 2 > Chrono or Thauma > Warlock3 > Taoist might be a pretty good combination, you’d have massive damage output on large groups.

last cbt I was a support mage chrono/thaumaturge.
it’s possible.It’s long to grind but I wasnt in a rush. I played more than 300 hours in my Support Wizzard. There had time when I was very frustrated when I look to all other class.

My routine was to run on every single person I saw to ask to party with him. Q.Q
I’ve meet a lot of different poeple, a bunch of wierdo crying for my facebook… I had a list of nice persons that played with me. So the first thing I did when I was online was to ask them to grind / quest together. It was a very fun way of playing. Yes very fun with almost no damage skills.

if you try to take more or less the same approach and find poeple to team with or even set up ur own team and recruit you can level up the lowest dps class - belive me ^-^

1 Like

Taoist is now a Cleric class.

Shadowmancer project build. Now I think Shadowmancer is the future for the dark side of the wizards.

Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock 3 > Shadowmancer

Very interested to know what Sages will be all about. Maybe somewhat akin to the Sages back in RO with their dispells, land buffs, anti-cast/magic? Could be cool.

Imo, Onmyouji sounds like a support class with protection paper charms, barriers and maybe some exorcism? Kinda sounds more like a Cleric class lol.

1 Like

I think sage will be exactly as you described, oriented for supports wizard and maybe having something like auto-cast of spells or something.

Not sure about Onmyouji but from google feels like a holy/dark class, maybe shadowmancer is not about dark?

Where did you get this information from? 0_0

Hi ms splim.
Friends told me so I went check the inside patch
ktos
Patch 25914
Committed on 13 Apr 2016 22:40 UTC

Title : ies_client.ipf/xac.tsv
Line : 9217
Line : 63016

They renamed the mage affiliation for Daoshi ( kr for taoist priest ) for a cleric

https://tos-kr.neet.tv/changes/commit/816a5dd4101c2b3877dfa6e7b9ece64ba588bd98

I’m now a chrono c3 273 Merging in fedimian from orsha and during my teams I saw SO many warlock, I hope that we wont get shadowmancer for rank 8 too much darkness !!! STOP !
Put shadowmancer rank 9 would give the time to all tos darkness boys to at least get warlock c2 before embrace more darkness blablabla…

• I hope mimic wont be 100% pvp class and have some decent support skills :<
  • Sage, defensive/suportive elementalist ?

It really seems like they have taken the ragnarok sage branch and they try to make 2 class with it in tos…

1 Like

Shadowmancer for Necromancer.

Onmyoji for Warlock.

Who else believes this? (Google Onmyoji, some sort of dude that would fight evil forces)

I think my build would be nice with shadowmancer

Wiz1 > Cryo 3 > Sorc 2 > Warlock 3 > Shadowmancer

Onmyoji… sounds more for bokor tbh LOL

1 Like

Maybe they will move the Onmyouji to Cleric eventualy like they did with the Taoist? Both are religious representants irl.

That would leave us with several gaps in the new ranks though. Kinda hoping they come up with some high level Fire based wizard. Then maybe going Pyro3 for the hell breath debuff might be worthwile? Who knows lol At least not everyone would be DARK based haha

1 Like

Yeah that may be so, but I think Shadowmancer actually goes with the summoner’s way of life an onmyoji with something like buffs + dps?

They already made Taoist a cleric class so I don’t think both will be changed.

I think there will be at least one more class with affinity to pyro/elementalist and a support one that goes nicely with cryo (imagine if you could auto-cast frost pillar (rank 2 skills?) on auto attack, not sure what is coming but gameplay sure will take different paths.

Also needs an earth based wizard because quake seems to be the only earth skill. Sage seems to be the most viable

Sage looks most likely the class that is elementalist’s follow up as multi-elemental skills or some sort of ragnarok’s sage, with buffs, debuffs ground controls and those sorts of stuff.