Tree of Savior Forum

Secret of Kateen Forest - continued

False alarm.
:tired:
There’s multiple lights and they’re matching locations of mushrooms from Onmyoji quest.
I picked it up not long ago. I’m not supposed to collect mushrooms from Poslinkis but apparently they light up anyway.

1 Like

so the spawn on it left are mushrooms or are the shrooms on same place as light?_?

also, was on EoKF checking locations where NPC spawn or could with my Sage…

Still got lot to check, only did a loop on starting area

Wandering Merchant’s trigger is invisible.
Light spawns on the same locations where mushrooms should.

It would be great if someone could confirm if 4x Onmyoji quest mushrooms spawn also in Clover Highland. Onmyoji guides don’t have these marked.
There are interactions and I can see lights there.

It would also help if someone could confirm that these lights show up when you start Onmyoji quest (no matter which tasks Uska gives you).
Btw, you need to stand near the interaction for a longer while until the light shows up.

1 Like

I tried experimenting with Onmyoji quest. After picking it up on another character mushroom spots in Poslinkis Forest did not light up.

I’m guessing that this might be a bug. Perhaps devs made these spots light up during incorrect Onmyoji quest.

My character for whom they appear has Onmyoji quests at Inesa and Plague Doctor.
If anyone has these quests please confirm if mushroom spots light up.

1 Like

Hm. Here’s something that caught my attention:

What’s the point of this message? Could be lore I guess but is it?

And why two Tree Root Crystals so close to one another?
Player’s don’t need two.

1 Like

Linking for reference: Karolis Altar buff.

Btw, fun fact: in game files Sensitive Owl’s name references Karolis Springs (“KATYN_10”).

1 Like

i think lorewise the tree roots were made by the demons

1 Like

After I completed main quests at Royal Mausoleum, Pilgrim Road and Great Cathedral Tesla has finally started giving me this dialogue. He didn’t do that before.

4 Likes

are you sure he doesn’t say that on new char?

1 Like

I snapped a photo last month that i forgot to send it here. I’m not into researching the mystery. An NPC popped up in burial grounds that cannot be interacted with. It’s probably just nothing but if it helps, here ya go.

1 Like

You can interact with this NPC, it’s just a regular blue quest. The little golem will turn into a big golem once you annoy him enough times and you’ll have to fight him.

1 Like

My bad. i just passed by i thought it was unfinished content

1 Like

Actually the baby runs away and then you kill it mother…

or thats what I remember

Isn’t that another quest in the area involving some birds? I remember seeing 5-6 baby birds on the floor for a blue quest and when you click on them the angry mother comes and you have to fight her. IIRC the small golem simply turns into a big golem.

1 Like

figured out what that NPC was in Frienel, it was just the kupole from the main quest :tired:

1 Like

Here to help alleviate some of your sadness, despair and misery in solving the lore.

berbewb

Its coming in the next Goddess cube.

3 Likes

awyissss~ after all these years :hey: :sad: :haha:

1 Like

well it available now, but the mystery still unsolved

1 Like

(maybe it will get solved if the player wears the flower pin while doing the secret questline Owo;;;; )

2 Likes

Here’s my current thoughts on the puzzle

We got 4 main NPCs

The troubadour seems to spawn after 2-3 hours in Kateen, he’s got multiple areas he’s in around the map, but his main spawn seems to be near the pond at the top. He seems to be where you start the riddle as his conversation points to the other 3 NPCs.

riddl2

"Ask an owl of the forest and he will answer. Oh, birch tree, only the owls are there for you. Oh…only the owls"

This sounds like he’s referring to the Foreseeing Owl in Saknis Plains who is hiding in the group of birch trees at the top of the map.

"Oh, the youth. Oh the beautiful…To introduce my poor self, I am a mere dandelion seed wandering as the wind takes me."

This seems to refer to the Wandering Merchant in Poslinkis Forest (we do not know his spawn conditions or time, only screenshots of him and his dialogue in the txt files)

"My song flows as the wind blows, as your soul glitters brightly…Do you have an interest in the songs of this poor bard?"

This seems to refer to the Troubadour himself

"But poor old me. Though I wish to tell you, your lonesome friend must soon leave. Farewell"

This seems to refer to the Emotional/Sensitive Owl who takes 4 hours to spawn in Saknis Plains and disappears after 5 minutes and only has 1 dialogue.

indie4

The Forseeing Owl has hidden dialogue after you talk to it like 30-40 times which talks about the other owls and the story of Karolis. This could possibly be a trigger in this riddle. The sensitive owl does nothing except disappear after 5 minutes. So far no one’s been able to find the Wandering Merchant yet besides some players on Ktos so we don’t know how to spawn him. My current theory though is that you get an item from him that you give to the sad owl as part of the riddle.

1 Like