Tree of Savior Forum

SEA-Telsiai Lag

Since i live in Singapore, hence i got very very low Ping to SEA server (5-10ms), and also with quite high internet speed. However, i am still facing some lagness and delays in clicking npc, buying items in market, during map loading etc. This is disappointing as i thought after i moved from Orsha to SEA Telsiai, i can play more smoothly. Please improve the server stability asap. I know it’s hard but please! Thanks.

Since the server was moved physically to Asia, my ping went down from 0.3 to 0.08… Few days later it became 0.1~0.5 which is not normal. I’m not the only one experiencing this. Seems like the server is having issues or something.

From Philippines. Globelines ISP.

Hi! I am also experiencing too much LAG after the transfer to Telsiai. When I was in Orsha i had around .20~.30. ping. Currently in SEA server(where I am nearest to) I am getting .40 ~ .80 ping. Using skills ang clicking NPC is really taxing.
Any fix for this devs?

Server Lag + Fletcher skills delay giving me cancer

1 Like

you are on THE most overloaded server. what do you expect?
the solution is to have less players on.

this is why Telsiai will be unavailable to new players at the f2p launch, and they will have to start on Verena server if they want to play in SEA region.

What he is saying is indeed true and i don’t see any complaints about Telsiai being closed to F2P or whatever . He is just another player recognizing the bad lag on the SEA server now, so quit being rude.

“improving the server stability” requires that there be less players on telsiai.

if you think having a solution explained to you is being rude, then you should just stay on tumblr.
(THAT was being rude. now you have a reasonable comparison.)

There are definitely other ways to “improve the server stability” such as increasing the server capacity like they once did to Klaipeda.

Fine i take it that you’re not rude but just blunt.

Experience the same thing. IMC should really upgrade server’s capacity or something, it’s not right to leave players like this…

Telsiai now has far more population than Klai did.
“increasing server capacity” means upgrading the hardware.
presumably they are already -at- maximum hardware capacity or they -would- simply stuff more ram into it, or something.

this is the reason why SEA is the first region to have a new f2p server announced – because Telsiai is full, and can’t get any bigger.

Are you kidding? This never even happened until yesterday and keep going on for 2 days. Did server suddenly become twice as populated than before within 1 day? Please don’t say anything if you don’t know what’s going on.

My ping was jumping between 30 and 80 ever since server got moved, which is bad but it was still smooth and way better than Klaipeda most of the time. But yesterday ping started jumping between 30 and 1000, plus a lot of packet losses. It’s not just a population issue, there is some other problem going on.

But even this issue aside, it’s quite a ridiculous statement that such terrible performance is expected due to server being overloaded, because it’s not even that crowded if you compare it to every other high budget modern MMO with waaaaaaaaay higher population yet way more stable.

i’m too tired to respond politely to this trash.

first, where do you get the idea that ToS is a “high budget” mmo?
for that matter the game engine is over a decade old, so i’m not sure if it qualifies as modern, either.

meanwhile, go learn the differences between a “server” and a “server cluster”.

So it’s a low budget amateur project made by indie developer in an office with 3 people? Cool story. And yeah I know how old is their engine, which was a weird choice in a first place.

As for learning the differences, you made your comment look that much more hilarious considering I’ve got a cisco certification like 10 years ago and have a pretty good idea about networking in general and servers in particular.

I won’t follow your example and tell you where to go or what to learn, that’d just make me look bad and arrogant like it did in your case.

if me, some random schmuck, with no particular training at all… can figure out why a server-cluster can hold a higher capacity of players than a singular server can… then how can an “educated man” (or whatever) such as yourself, specializing in servers no less, not understand it?

and that’s some really solid logic there, suggesting that MMO’s are either garage productions or blockbuster-budget titles.
yep, there’s ~nothing~ in between them.

Yeah, in fact due to getting so amused by a suggestion to learn something I forgot to ask more relevant question - what does server or server cluster have to do with the topic? Why are you even mentioning it? Or is it another suggestion that IMC is a poor company and it’s completely safe to assume that they can’t afford anything better than an old fashioned singular server? Wow, I hope it’s not powered by hamsters in a wheel at least.

It’s almost like they didn’t realize how many people paid for early access and didn’t think to use some of that money to buy something that can support this amount of people. At least something a bit better, something in between singular server and pentagon level server clusters worth many millions of dollars.

But even if hypothetically we’ll accept a “poor company” argument, singular server would be still nothing more than your assumption, so I don’t understand why are you operating with assumptions, unless IMC directly stated that this is how they set things up.

well, my assumptions…
if they used a server -cluster- … they could just add more nodes to the cluster, adding more capacity overall. the world map could be chopped up into regions, each handled by a node in the cluster. this is how big rich companies like WoW do it.

if IMC -could- do that, don’t you figure they would have? at the LEAST for Telsiai, which is so overcrowded it is having constant issues with lag… so overcrowded they are locking it for the f2p release, and new teams will not be allowed to start there until the population goes down some.

which leads me to believe that IMC’s setup is using a single-server setup, forcing a maximum capacity at the point where all the expansion room on the motherboard is occupied.

sure, it’s still an assumption, but assumption does not automatically mean “wild random guessing.”

it’s almost like thousands of them starting selling at a crazy speed literally a day or two before launch, and they simply didn’t have time to react.
(they actually posted this at some point shortly after launch.)

You mean over 5 weeks ago? Well, if 5 weeks wasn’t enough to react but they do have an intention of improving their hardware then least they could do is communicate such plans to their customers who suffer through this nearly unplayable mess.

And again, I don’t think population of Telsiai dramatically increased just in past 2 days. And issue we’re talking about only exists for past 2 days.

It’s stuff like pressing a skill button but nothing happens apart from character getting stuck in some awkward pose, then you press that button again and again, until eventually it works but within these 3-5 seconds you lost quite a bit of your HP just by standing there and getting wrecked without seeing what’s going on. Or running into a room that’s supposed to be filled with mobs (in instanced dungeon) but it’s empty, you’re running around that room and wondering WTF? Then 5+ seconds later all those mobs appear with their knives in your ass and suddenly you’re almost dead. Such insane lag did not happen until just recently.

A huge pain at all. Had to mob then spamming crossfire to kill them up. The lag really kills since you won’t be able to move for 2 or 3 seconds once the skill failed to cast.

1 Like

It can be solved if they will do something about it. Lets not forget the thousands of bots and spammers included in the server. Removing them can soothe the server… a lot.

well obviously. but what are they supposed to do about it?

the most obvious solution everyone suggests is “just increase server capacity!” not only is this both the most obvious, and most suggested, it would also be the easiest.

and yet, IMC does not do this. they aren’t -idiots-, so certainly this thought has occurred to them. so this tells us that there must be something else stopping it. the most obvious problem would be that it is not -possible- to upgrade the server capacity any farther.

as for “thousands” of bots/spammers on the server… that would mean that literally every other person you see is a bot/spammer. (as i write this, there are about 10k players on ToS) realistically there might be a couple hundred bots, and yes removing them would help… but the issue is simply that there are too many people playing on the server at the same time.