Tree of Savior Forum

SEA SERVER - Ping what the hell? - AUSSIES GOT REKT

i got around 0,4 - 0,5 ping before recolating the server in sea , and now i got 0,7 - 0,9 ping come on man , and i think its not isp problem since when i try to play in orsha i got 0,4 ping , @STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie any solution ?

In fact, if you are from east coast Australia, the best solution is to get IMC to setup west coast NA server (in LA) which can give us 200ms ping. (servers in Japan give us 100ms ping, but you’d have to overcome the language barrier + IP block barrier)

It is very unfortunate to be living in Australia and be playing MMOs because we are the minority of MMO player base (probably not even 1%) and no gaming company is willing to invest and setup Oceania server because it is simply too expensive with low number for customer base. (Blizzard is the only exception here.)

not everyone in perth / australia have good ping to singapore it depend on ur isp , i got 450ish with tpg , a friend using iinet got 100ish

most isp in oz use budget route(cheapest) to singapore instead the SEA-ME-WE 3 cable and could go anywhere depending on the load, so sometimes the data packets don’t come back through the same route, The reverse goes somewhere else. So you get desync issues hence the bad ping.

i resolve using a vpn and manage to get stable 100ms

Check the isp traceroute. The hop is probably in a mess. Contact isp and send a ticket with the traceroute.

Yeah my ingame ping is now 500-900. CMD ping test at 400-450 (Which was actually lower then i got with the US servers surprisingly)
Started using Pingzapper with tunneling through Singapore and maintaining 150-200 now.
Im with TPG on ADSL2+, and i have a mate on another provider who is receiving 200 without a tunnel service.
Just seems TPG is my issue right now, maybe consider changing ISP?

All players that has PLDT subscription are still having high pings despite of server rellocation. We have normal ping (below 100) on Steam’s SEA server but on ToS SEA Telsiai Server we have 200+ ping. Most of us from Philippines has a subscription from PLDT since its one of the Major ISP here. We are getting advice that the only solution for this is to change our ISP or use paid VPN, but clearly we wont be doing these for many obvious reasons. So what would be the action for this?

• Internet Connection : PLDT (Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company)
  • Country, Region : Sea, Philippines

File a complain to your isp I think the problem is that PLDT has a bad routing to singapore. I advise everyone to file complain and hope they fix the problem.

wont happen if we complain in Australia to our ISP, been like this since forever :/, just IMC were abit miss leading when we could test our pings :rage:

For PH players what i’ve know is our ISP have poor connection on Singapore even other games host from SG…

Why does the screenshot say that you’re from Germany and not Australia?

Trolling ? showing you with Hetzner Online AG , in germany

0.08ms
globe sub. here

Was getting 115MS from the ping test. Actual MS on SEA server: 300-500MS.

All AUSSIES, this was from another thread

So i decided to use pingzapper and connected through their Sydney server (since ZaceD was gettin better ping) and obtained a lower ping o.o too

i got down to at least 0.165 to 0.200 outside cities
and in cities it fluctuates .180 to .300
so guys let me kno whats ur ping when connect to a Sydney server, thats so weird.
connecting to a Singapore server through pingzapper gives me more…higher ping…

CAN YOU RUN A ■■■■■■■ TRACERT COMMAND PLEASE? its probably a routing issue.

Edit: Does anyone have klaipedia’s IP? want to do a tracert+ ping

Can confirm this observation with ping zapper. Not a network engineer so nfi why it’s working this way but my ping doesn’t fluctuate as much and has overall lower latency compared to using SG ones.

take it back that I take it back. 600 ping again T_T

I’m connecting from Vietnam so here’s my 2 cents:
In early days of the transfer, the ping was good for me. Using WTFast gives around 0.06~0.08, which is great.
And for some crap-eating reasons, following days were HELL
Ping spike up to 1.6, on the daily basis. IMO the spike is much worse than high average ping (which usually settles around 0.4 right now, whether back in Orsha I get 0.3 average)
Moving too fast (wtf, token + 3 movement speed, how am I suppose to go slow?)
Disconnection
CommanderLoadFail
Can you please just give us some hope? There’s definitely something wrong, and an urgent “maintenance” announcement with no real (just worse) result is not gonna cut it!!!

^This…Its been almost a full day since the weird lags + dng kickouts. I hope they are going to fix it soon.

From Australia’s point of view, Australia’s routing is usually always is “Not the Greatest” lets say you want to play an online game with some friends in the UK? but the servers are located there, one good example is eve online, however a normal ping could be anywhere from 300~500ms, usually in the upper end towards ~500ms if your unlucky, if you ISP was somewhat half decent you could get sub ~300ms, but you would have to be super lucky…

Most Players from Au / Oceania, would have to use a Ping Service / VPN to get around the terrible routing, in order to get the correct pings…

Sometimes for SG ( Singapore ), if our routing is working correctly it would usually go from East to west AU then to SG, with ping times around 130~160ms on a good day, otherwise it gets routed via AU > US west > JP > HK > then SG? , with pings higher than AU > US… @ 200ms+

Routing here is somewhat idiotic…