Tree of Savior Forum

SEA Players VS LA/SA Players - IMC Treatment

Sorry if I was misinformed. I read this argument from some other topic on this forum.

If the conversion rates were the same for everyone in LA, wouldn’t that make the prices exorbitant for LA players then? :open_mouth:

I’ve read that usually steam has different prices depending on region to maximize the sales profits, because players from poorer countries wouldn’t be able to afford the western prices. So it would be more profitable to charge less from individual player to get even some money out from the players on those regions.

Care to tell what the price in your local currency is then? I can’t check that out myself because I can’t into proxies unless I absolutely need to. And this isn’t good enough of a reason for me to learn using them :slight_smile:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

20/chara

The 10$ founder pack is 5.500 CLP. Its even 20% 15% cheaper that if you do the normal convertion (~720 CLP = 1 USD) so its totally accesible for anyone that is willing to pay (at least in Chile)

Even so a lot of companies has a latam service nowdays. It piss me off that people think that latam is all about poor countries when its not. Also 7% or 6% that bough the game are just from Chile, in total u can do 12%-15% of the total population is from spanish latam speaker countries.

PD: Need to check after if % of population are good. I did see Chile as a 5th or 6th place in the founder bough quantity order but dont remember the % exactly

3 Likes

Lol Responsible for 26% of the income! More like 2% considering I doubt more then 1-500 of you bought anything more then a 10$ pack and ever will spend another dime. Guys are just a waste of server space.

You are right in the sense that prices in latin america are around 75-50% of the NA price, but Russia accounts for half the EU players in ToS according to the data IMC gave us, and yet they pay 25% of the original price.

It would mean an average similar price, I believe (sorry I won’t do math now :c)

I’m not against an EU server by any means, I just believe a LA server (actually SA server) would be viable.

And to other people complaining about the pings to Brazil, two things:

• AWS has only servers in Brazil
  • These same servers are accessed by other latin players in Diablo and, from the players I met, haven’t heard many complains.
1 Like

+A good amount of this Russian % is due to Gold Seller Bots.

WESTILLNEEDALATINSERVER imc please 300 ping for brs :OO

Think when this goes to F2P… it will be a disaster
IMC siriusly you need a south america server

1- PT-BR: Finalmente recebemos pelo menos uma resposta da IMC para meu ticket aberto a 4 dias, pelo menos ALGUMA resposta.

2- Finally we receive at least one answer from IMC for my ticket opened about 4 day’s ago, at least ANY answer.

Uploading…

4 Likes

At least they are taking our requests…
Pelo menos estão recebendo nossos pedidos…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yeah! you need your own servers cause you LA players are toxic AF!

and yeah you should all burn in your ■■■■■■■ hell.:joy:

Transfer or Riot

Just Kidding*

But seriously, give us a transfer system ‘-’

1 Like

Yes, i know that.

And i know that where i live the minimum wage is around U$ 300,00 p/ month for a 200 hours job (also per month). Which means U$ 1,50 per hour.

The cheaper founder’s pack costs around U$ 5,57 (R$ 20,00 with dollar with a cost of R$ 3,59) here, which is 55% of the price you paid in the USA.

But also, represents 5,38% of that minimum wage, around 3 and a half hour of work.

If you compare to Virginia (where the server is currently located), it is a minimum wage of U$ 7,25 per hour, (200 hour a month, thus U$ 1.450,00 which means U$ 10,00 is not even 1% of that salary) almost 5 times a paid hour here, you would see that it takes less than 2 hours to pay for that game.

What i’m trying to say is: In general, it hurts way more my wallet by paying 5 dollars in that game, then you paying 10 due to economy restrictions.

Which means: If my player base is willing to pay more, and represents a higher population compared to EU/SEA, we would not have any issues when it comes to make IMC some profit.

The major problem is that people do not like the publisher who is going to bring TOS to brazil, responsible for “killing” a lot of other games. We want a steam server from IMC, because that way we can get the same as NA players.

Btw, i like and respect your opinion, but i would like to keep this conversation somewhere else, my english is not that good, i know it. (i’ve been working on it).

You can add me in game if you want, i would love to share some of my culture to help you understand (and even learn with you) why we are asking for a SA server.

3 Likes

Probably the contract between IMC and the Brazil publisher includes sole publishing rights for the continent I guess. Creating an “international server” for the SA region would violate the contract terms and cause IMC to lose a lot of money. Moreover AWS (Amazon Web Services) is located in Brazil which make it even harder.

I believe that IMC is trying its hardest to find a way to help you guys, but they too need to answer to their publishers and management. Things in the business world aren’t as easy as one think. There are lots of red tapes, politics at play.

But in Closed Beta there was an South america server… why here we dont have that server yet?

Nah, probaly have some problem with the cost. See, they create like 4 servers 2 (NA) and other 2 in (SEA and EU) this have a huge cost, probaly they discuss with the publisher too about this question, let’s see what happen for the next month.

Pretty much this, but I still expect an answer from them. Unless they are negotiating something.

2 Likes

Not quite right. It has been said here: Tree of Savior in Brazil

That LUG will only work as a sales intermediary and local support. If that’s really the case, I’m ok with it, there’s no way of them screwing up with corrupt GM’s and bad servers. Yet no reason whatsoever for not creating a LA or BR server(or even better BOTH since each has it’s own language). If LUG hosts the game, oh well that will suck as hell. I rather face the 150-300ms then playing ever again in a LUG server. I’m really wondering what’s up with IMC. This “early access” is being more like a paid beta. Even on the first beta there were 6 servers. Now we have 4, without transfer and Klaipeda and Orsha so full players are kicking each other when logging in. This kind of treatment is pretty disrespectful considering all those who paid would be potential regular customers. I’ve been talking around and people are not willing to pay for anything else due the bad service. Quite disappointing.

Rumors say LUG will have GM’s in game and that the servers are theirs. That would be the reason why we can’t transfer our teams (although technically possible, needs more work).

I also bet they have some problems between both companies. LUG criticized Founder’s pack sellings. This could be for two reasons:

• They are afraid of losing players as we can’t transfer those things
  • LUG planned to sell cash for a higher price than the steam conversion to which IMC agreed

Or both, obviously. Anyway, we saw IMC being quite communicative since the start. They even gave us the announcement of a temporary server (Saule) and the promise of a future LA server. Now, so quiet. I can only believe they can’t assure anything because they are negotiating as I said previously. Else, they could just say they won’t open LA servers, even tho they may be not allowed to specify it’s because of the contract.