Tree of Savior Forum

Scout balance suggestions

Annoyed at Scout atm so just venting.

1. Split Shot doesn’t work properly right now. Bounced Damage is the same as the initial hit -_-. So this is basically Oblique Shot with 1 extra hit until that’s fixed. That needs to be fixed.

2. Scan: Confusion can just outright go and give a 100% Chance to confusion.

3. Imo Flare Shot, Split Shot and Flu Flu should be kneeling Shot compatible.

4. Can we get a Perspective Distortion: Magical damage (2% instead of 5%) @ C3? Perspective Distortion being so easily interruptible is a pain as well. There are some ways around this. I think I rather it had a low CD.

5. Reduce Flare Shots CD…

6. What real value is there to taking Cloaking past level 5/6. Come on. It’s already Permanent by that time. Sounds like a place to create more attributes if you’re not going to cap it @ level 5. For Some kind of “stealth” Oriented build. Like Cloaking:Cripple where your first shot slows the enemy.

7. All the real “utility” Is gotten by C2 since Scan isn’t a real skill and Split Shot is damage filler for a “green” class. A class that’s made to get “information” through its mobility and improve it’s allies capabilities as a result. Scan should be a better skill, I don’t even know wtf to do with it. Add crit resist or something? It’s a R6 skill, The only Stealth at that point in time IIRC is Fade and Cloaking itself? Rogues will get Burrow at R7 and there is Shinobi. Scan is terrible Niche for a skill you get this late in the game, but I understand it being there since not every archer wants to take Hunter C2 :p.

8. On 7. What does scout do Better at C3 in its whole purpose that it wasn’t doing already? Flu-Flu max’s its targets and effects at C1. Cloaking is again a C1 thing. Camouflage is a C1 skill.
    Perspective Distortion is the only part of it’s utility that gets ‘something’ in c3 outside of having access to 1 point (if that) Scan. This is dumb. Even for damage classes they get more damage, Scout isn’t a damage class so more skill points into Flare/Flu Flu or W/e is rather insignificant. It’s a class where particularly from a PvE perspective, it is done at C2, arguably C1. You have all the utility at that point so C3 is irrelevent.

Edit: Throwing out some MISC ideas on top.
IMO just working towards the idea of Scout as a utility/Support that may directly go into Musk/Cannon (without making it mandatory of course) or some kind of R8 connection.
Camouflage
It’s a defensive skill which really lets you a) Walk away from pressure or recuperate
B) Get your Perspective Distortion off, which is the only skill you can use during it in anyways.
They should just make it fixed that Perspective Distortion no mattter the attack type cannot be nullified during Camouflage.

Flu-Flu
Doesn’t need anything fancy. Increase the targets, lower CD or increase the duration. Any of the three is fine.

Flare Shot
A Flare is generally a signal to other people. I will propose two attributes.
Flare Shot: Focus (C2)
Flare Shot: Assistance (C3).
Focus would decrease the aoe and physical defense of enemies hit by Flare Shot, and Assistance would decrease their Critical Resistance and Evasion.
As mentioned by UselessBug the ticks could serve to be done faster.

Cloaking
This suggestion might be a little out there but what if…
The current attribute is removed and Cloaking gains Movement Speed per level. With an attribute that reduces damage taken 10% while cloaked instead at C2. This would play more on Scouts identity as an infiltrator.

Scan
Remember the days when Pillage was skill based for Corsairs? Yeah…
How about Making Scan an inherent C3 attribute, where a Scout can see enemies within X (maybe 30?) range of their character including hidden items. The Scouts basic attacks reveal hidden enemies to everyone.

Split Shot
Fix it first. Definitely let this be used during Kneeling Shot.

3 Likes

A long time ago I suggested a band aid fix for scout PvE damage until they have ideas to change several of its utility skills.
Move split shot to scout2 and change it to split to 1 + (1 x SkillLevel) amount of targets. At level 1 it will split to 2 enemies like the current split shot. Level 5 splits to hit 6 targets and Scout 3 level 10 would split to hit 11 targets. It will make scout2&3 appeal as a decent AoE 5 overheat 10s cooldown burst class with some utility skills. Scout1 remains the same.

Aside from that, for the current scout I once tried a full utility build to support (challenge mode) with qs1 hunter3 falcon3-scout2 to disable mobs while you just stand and wave the perspective distortion flag. Qs1 to pavise bosses.

I remember the old days of scout3 farming Thorny Forest Dungeon 145.

Why not give flare shot the old elememe frost cloud or miko hamaya fast ticks that make mobs get stuck too? that skill has been pretty terrible and deserved a buff for awhile now.

Back when almost everyone had a scout3 or they were broke :stuck_out_tongue:

Qualm with your suggestion is then whats the C3 skill? Scan? Yikes.

How did that build operate? Did it perform or was it just Falcon3 carrying?

change cloaking to c3 skill, the most appropriate skill for real scouting role.

let fluflu’s fear effect throw the enemies into killing each other until death

Give Perspective Distortion an uninterruptible attribute at C3 like Kino has for its channeling skills.
Give Scan another effect. How about a “reveal weakness” effect? They could make it based on the rear-attack property; Scan would show which side of the enemy has a weakness: attacking the rear, sides or front would deal bonus damage based on Scan skill level.
Fix Split Shot first and give it an attribute for a % chance to not consume an overheat when using it.
Also make Scout skills compatible with Kneeling Shot as suggested.

1 Like

Add a C3 attribute where flu flu, flare shot and split shot will not remove your cloaking status.

Nobody like scout, that’s the truth, with lots of update, nothing change much =))),
My main char have scout3, i had lots of times reset but whenever try any ways, i’m still back with scout3, well, at least invisible is a good point =)))

The first thing i can say is “make scout3 spammer again”, there’s noway better than that. Split arrow can’t become a powerfull-aoe-burst-dame-skill like other jobs because scout is never designed that style, don’t make scout become something like “aoe aoe aoe” like these wiz and cleric, archer have other jobs to do that.

Each character need a personal style, don’t make something like “ah, this skill no cd so we need to lock it 5 overheat” again, what a terrible game-design ???

_ Split Shot NO CD, nerf dame (50% or 60%), less mana, i’m sure this is the best choice, nothing better than spammer scout.
And if you really scary about game balance (maybe), don’t worry, just nerf the wiz and cleric or make monster more specific way, remove ***** homing bullet lazy design.
_ Scan is a good skill, except it’s really useless because nobody want a so-hard-using “scan” feature at current, just change it to aoe like a burst affect all target around (maybe 2 overheat) and cast debuff (confuse or something better (buy att)) for all of them, focus this skill to debuff.
_ I don’t really understant why flu flu exist, so maybe other guys will have ideas to re-make it.
_ Scout do not have much attribute, i wonder why?

So, i guess, is really any “game designer person” of IMC will read this topic ?

That’s right. Scan is obsolete and must surely get a rework. Everything I wished scan to be was moved to appraiser’s blindside instead (minimum crit chance, crit bonus damage attribute, …). Then I suggest the old skill -be prepared- to return, to reduce cooldowns of skills. But it was changed a bit (no longer reduces all skill cooldowns) and given to musketeer instead. It was originally a scout skill. It could have been a nice scout3 skill. Though quite similar to Pass of chrono.

I suggested the change to split arrow because that skill is the most memorable scout skill since the old days (dungeon farmer days).

The build is full support and damage is low except for falcon skills. Hunter growling + falconer aiming disables all mobs forever at the spell tome town small spot.

Hi everyone, seem like we have a new game instead new re-balance, hope thats good for scout.

My main char, a corsair, will now be a scout class.

Feels weird, man.

Hope that base class “archer” will inherited “split shot” from old scout (replace bounce shot), not any class better for this skill.