Tree of Savior Forum

Scout 3 Question

What makes Scout 3 so desirable for farming? I notice many people making this class as an alt to farm, and maybe I’m just an idiot but I never saw much value to Scout 3 aside from Split Arrow. Is it really that powerful of a skill to justify going through the entire Scout path, or is there more?

Well, it scales a lot from your stats, is ranged, hits 3 targets, uses 2h bow (which provides awesome extra dmg to flying mobs) and has 0 cooldown.

Other zero cooldown skills have serious damage area limitations (double punch, flaconnade) and no good % scaling.

It’s a pretty powerful skill.

But yeah, you also have Flare Shot which deals good damage to mobs standing still.

If you don’t take Split Arrow then you’re losing the core skill of Scout C3. It’s like making a cleric and not getting Heal… Probably better you not to go Scout c3 if you don’t like the idea of Split Arrow.

1 Like

split arrow is all u need 0 cd. u can use while other skill cd
really powerful skill

It is very difficult to compete vs this farm:
Scout3 means you sacrifice 3 circles to get split arrow (other skills are mediocre).

Scout 3 farming dungeon 145 in 12 minutes:

Well yeah I know that Split Arrow is really powerful, but I’m asking if there’s anything else other than that skill which is worthwhile, and from the other replies that seems to be the case.

It is very similar to getting wiz3 for quickcast (also has sleep, and magic missile), but mainly quickcast.

Scout 3 is all about split arrow.
Scan will help you find hidden chest + hats (1 hat per chest). No other class can get those hats. Flare shot is small unlimited AoE vs immobile mobs. Flu flu is very mediocre cc/aggro. Barrel is fun, and camouflage is very nice to quest safely. Perspective distortion is a very strange channel skill.

It takes me 34 minutes to do dg 145, i feel very bad about this. I didnt go full str, but str 1 dex 3. I wonder what to do… shud i use stat reset potion? Atribute at 50 %. Im lv220

34 minutes is still within a very reasonable time limit.

My chaplain takes 50+ minutes, WHEN it finishes, lol.

are you using 2hbow ?

my scout with 50% splt arrow do it in 22min

Yes. A light gorithos +5 w 2 lv5 green gems. 2 rapid bangles.

Oh wow I’m planning high dex as well. I guess I should go 3:1 str dex, or maybe both of you have a high level gap.

That archer in the video is doing 2x damage of what mine’s doing lol. I haven’t tried 145 yet.

I’m high dex as well. I would think Khasti bow does more damage than light gorithos since we’re basically crit’ing all the time.

I tried both Khasti +5 and Light Gorithos +5 and the last one did more damage.

If you do half her damage, you should have a run of about double her time.
24-30 minutes is ok.

If you don’t have sufficient time, you could run the dungeon 130 (less silver, bit faster, chance of petamion drop).

Maybe @Veritas can answer why.

The archer from that VID lvl 285 and have steady AIM lvl 15. that why dmg pretty high.

probably
Archer > Ranger C1 > Archer C2 > Scout C3 > Ranger C3(Rank 8)

That Scout in that video literally has level 100 Split Arrow: Enhance. If I recall correctly his bow (Superior Wreech Bow) isn’t high enhancement (higher than 10, less than 15) but high transcend (like T4, T5).

Light Gorithos will also deal more damage than Khasti Bow, since critical damage isn’t multiplied by Split Arrow’s 200% modifier, it’s more important to have high base physical damage on weapons.

Edit: Please try not to compare yourselves to KR Scout players. The speed that you can shoot Split Arrow is relative to your ping. If you have higher ping, you won’t be able to spam nearly as fast. Obviously there’s often an attribute and gear differential as well, which is noticeable, but your ping as well as your routing (using a Warpstone after killing Merge, cutting down left side from Coliflower Mage section, focusing primary Split Arrow on trash around the boss allowing the split to hit the boss + ignoring the boss) will make a difference of a couple minutes.

3 Likes

Interesting. +5 Light Gorithos would have a 65 - 95 extra damage than a +5 Khasti bow. With crit (1.5x) that would e 97.5 - 142.5 damage (or 120 extra damage on average) that would be slightly lower than the 144 extra crit damage on the Khasti bow.

I would think the 200% on bounced target from split arrow is 200% of the final damage since it does seem like that in practice. (So there’s no additional multiplier involved)

But I may be wrong, I may make a light gorithos for testing but probably will just wait for 290 stuff lol.

There’s nothing wrong comparing with Korean players to me. The RMT / afk farm / bot players in iTOS already have lv100 attributes as well (also +20 stuff lol).

I’m not one of them just to be clear.

So the 200% on bounced target from split arrow is not on the final damage? What does the formula look like for split arrow and if there’s a good source to look at it?

Because at the end of the day, even with full attributes and high enhancement/transcended weapons, ping will still be a separation of speed between iTOS and kTOS players. Not noticeable in a single cast, but over hundreds of Split Arrow casts per run, it creates a difference in time. Their gear and leg up on transcendence is another separation at this time, but as you mentioned that is attainable by players in our version through whatever means.

Split Arrow’s bonus damage is one of the very, very, very few base modifiers in the game. You can read more into the damage formula here.

There may be some discrepancies/inaccuracies but it is pretty dependable for most estimations.