Tree of Savior Forum

Schwarzer Reiter: Major Weapon Changes

Schwarzer Reiters have been weird classes to build for due to their main weapon, the Pistol. Pistols do not work with a large majority of Archer tree skills, meaning you would have to rely on weapon swapping.

Another disadvantage on top of this was the fact that all Schwarzer Reiter skills are mount-exclusive, which also makes it hard for some classes to synergise with Schwarzer Reiters.

However, with the recent 20th of Oct patch to kCBT3, Pistols are now counted as Subweapons. This means they can be equipped alongside a Crossbow, which opens up a large majority of skills for them to use without the need to weapon swap!

Please refer to here for skills which can’t be used whilst mounted.

Almost every skill which can be used with a 2H Bow can be used with Schwarzer Reiter now, thanks to the addition of Crossbow usage! (e.g. Multishot, High Anchoring, Barrage, etc.) All Fletcher skills require a 2H Bow to use, so you will have to weapon swap to use their skills still, and take note of the skills which can’t be used whilst mounted.

Nothing stops you from weapon swapping or dismounting, but for people who want to play Schwarzer Reiter with fluid synergy, now is the time to do so. This should open up the possibilities for more fluid Schwarzer Reiter builds!

9 Likes

IMC pls

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/media/catalog/product/cache/5/image/550x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/0/00_132_142.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7960/knifegun.jpg

1 Like

As someone who really loves guns in fantasy settings, this pleases me greatly.

EDIT: Thaat being said…what classes are good pre-reqs for the Reiter? I as thinking of just spamming the Archer class until I could become a Reiter, but if they can use crossbows and (most) 2H bow skills, what would I be looking for on the road to Reiter?

Interesting change. Why didn’t they just make all abilities usable while wielding a pistol instead of bow?

Regardless, this will make me reconsider trying out this class. I just have two questions, if anyone knows the answer. Do you have to dismount to use other classes abilities? Specifically the abilities from Archer and Ranger. And can you use Schwarzer skills while dismounted?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well, most skills needed an arrow projectile rather than a bullet, so I suppose they didn’t want to do it that way. Skills like Multishot would make sense, but other skills like High Anchoring, Barrage, etc would not work well with a pistol, it’d look goofy in animation.

If you check the link about ‘skills which can’t be used whilst mounted’ in the OP, this will answer your two questions.

The link didn’t show up in my browser for some reason. Probably one of my addons. Had to load in unmodded Chrome.

Kind of a disappointment that most of the skills I want to take cant be used while mounted. Might have to just try it and see what works.

Just let us dual wield two pistols already

3 Likes

And with that, it opens up a space for a class or two that wields a sword(or spear or hammer) and a gun in each hand - Dragoon will probably take this place.

will this big update be applied to iCBT 2 ? @DiscKZee

To my knowledge it should, due to the fact IMC are aiming to have iCBT the same version as kCBT.