Tree of Savior Forum

Scatter Caltrops

Caltrops can provoke enemies… you throw caltrops and monsters jump into them lol (wat??)
Is this really intended for a archer class? Quarrel shooter buff or bug?

1 Like

Looks very good as a crowd control ability, being able to group up bunches of neutral mobs could be quite handy, especially considering the use of Pavise… I’m actually looking forward to testing Quarrel Shooter now. Quarrel Shooter + a wizard class could be quite good at levelling up!

Hmm interesting.

A good combo would be caltrop, then skew them then hit em heavy for linked dps.
Sadly i dont plan on going to qaurrel …let’s see. Maybe if i maken an trapper. To lure enemys before the traps … hehe.

Yes, we know. :mushroom:

So Quarrel into trapper could be quite good in Pvm…

I’ll try Quarrel anyway, see how it plays out :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for sharing =)

It’s because caltrops have HP, agressive monsters will try to break them if they don’t have a higher priority in sight. Same with sapper traps. Deploy paviase can also have this effect, being close range it’s not as good, but I’ve been ignored by bosses at times by planting a one and running away.

@OtterTamer Well, I guess its ok if you think that caltrops can provoke monsters with the sound… ok
But Isn’t a little strange that traps have HP? the fact that players/monsters can destroy your caltrops on the ground?
I don’t know if things like deploy paviase/shield supposed to work like a decoy

One question then. If you gather a room full of mobs and Then throw caltrops, do they change target? If not, what if you threw caltrops and went invi?

It’s not that they’re provoked with sound, aggressive monsters will attack anything within a certain radius, what that QS is doing is throwing the caltrops into that radius while staying out of it themselves. I think traps and stuff being breakable is a balance decision. I had caltrops broken by boss AoEs a lot. And I gotta say paviase was only worth using as a decoy, it sucks at its intended purpose xD

@lajkonikes monsters give traps low priority, so if you’re in their range when you throw the caltrops they’ll run right through them to get to you. If you stay out of their range or cloak they’ll attack whatever you dropped. Sometimes they’ll step right into it to do so because the AI is dumb.

1 Like

ty :dromedary_camel:

Paviase is useful for pvp right? I dont know if its better invest in paviase or stone picking…
thanks

NP

@II_JoJo_II it feels really unreliable right now. This is partly because I have no way of knowing what range it protects from… It’s hard to describe, best I can do is use the clock formation. Say me and my paviase at at the 6 o’clock position. Any monster below the 10 and 2 position would be able to shoot me behind the paviase. This isn’t exact mind you. But that’s roughly what it felt like.