Tree of Savior Forum

Say Yes to job reset

Aha…so you are one of those guys? Cause I said it’s pathetic only if you think it’s an achievement in life and it makes you feel superior toward other people, so you don’t want them to enjoy the game.

If that’s the case yup, you are pathetic.

Most of these guys can’t even give you an opinion about circle reset. They just say no, cause that way they can keep their “I’m superior” feeling. Read these morons: “Choices should have impact! He/she should quit or reroll if he/she screwed up the character! Haha, they you should first read about these things on net!”

Basicly you guys just don’t give a ■■■■ about others. They invested time into this game too, not to mention that they might claimed Tp items on those characters. So, who is the intolerant? Basicly yes, I find you guys pathetic.

This game needs a circle reset, but we aren’t discussing Circle Reset or not, what I am telling you is that you are overstepping when you attack what other people take their joy from or what they feel is an acomplishment.

That is simply not up to you to decide and it is definitely not your place to trample on them. Not when it concerns where people draw their happiness from - that is just lame.

It isn’t far fetched to say that being against circle resets has to do a lot with ego and should therefor be disregarded, but understanding where people are coming from isn’t rocket science either.

Of course there will be people that spend actual real hours to check what build to pick and theorize. This is taken away from them and of course if your effort is made meaningless it might rub people the wrong way.

Is it petty to stonewall a possible circle reset - absolutely, but it doesn’t mean you need to be a ■■■■ about it.

As I said… there is no overstepping when the other part of the group already bashing the “casuals”. Yup, they would deserve way worse things after these.

ATM, its this http://www.strawpoll.me/10086830/r for the voting. 25 % yes, 56 % for, and 19% one rank only.

Also what a lot of you will need to understand is that this is a forum based poll, not an in game one. ALL the people that want a reset will come to the forum to bring about their opinion on the subject, most of the people that don’t care or don’t want it won’t. So there you go.

Personally, I am ok with it if it’s after big changes to classes, or one rank because you picked a class that there’s no information on and you got screwed over. But if you completely eff up your build through multiple ranks, that’s simply due to lack of foresight.

Also for those that say I use a cookiecutter build, I don’t, I made an archer I completely regret, and I regret certain ranks that I pick on my cleric. But I made my choice knowing well what the consequences could be. Many people that want complete resets clearly did not.

556 people is nothing.so this one is represent may be the forum.

It just example for the worst case for “Reset Class Potion” :3… That too easy and make people upset.

I know you try to present the good and fair method about this one… but it still be your idea not IMC’s decision.

Until IMC announce about “Reset Class Potion” will be exist or how it working… then player can debate it good or bad.

It seems “pro-reset” people disregard the fact that guys who have full PvP builds or profit builds had to grind way slower and painfully than a pve focused build… or any build that rely on a c6 or c7 combo/synergy to be truly poweful would also be through hell to reach their intended gameplay so late in the game.

So the class reset its sort of a broken idea, because people would be able to use one class to rush level and AFTER reset to a defensive/pvp focused/strategical/gvg class… taking away this reward from people who pick the hard way of leveling in favor of pvp performance (or whatever other leveling speed detriment you pick in favor of anything else)

What we should be asking its testing room for advancement and better (and very complete) skills descriptions.

And the second will come eventualy from player community as well just gotta be pacient.

I already said that it’s just a forum representation, but I also stated why this is most likely accurate as it is more likely people that want a class reset to come to the forums and search up this topic in the search bar rather than people that don’t want one as most people that don’t want one won’t go out of there way to search for these topics.

It seems “no reset” people disregard the fact that in the way we want it you just cant do this.

Well, the way some of you want it.

The op from this thread seemed to be pro-full-reset, because “some people can only play on weekends”. He simply just wanted the game to be more casual friendly. Which many players oppose ofc.

I’m not against limited cycle reset (even more if it has a huge/ass long painful quest to do it, or if it costs exp cards instead of TP or silver.)

I still think “testing room concept” and precise skill descriptions (which will be provided on wiki with time) would fix everything without even a class reset.

Nop . he didnt say how he want it at all .
As for testing room,if they even can program one, yes.doing a reset is more easy for imc.

This is why I said “semmed to be” and not “said he was”.

My point is that the way you want its not necessarily the way that every pro-reset person wants, some just want full reset, others want reset for TP, others want “present cycle” reset only, etc.

The casual player that asks for a unpunishing and casual gameplay its the one that disregards that important gameplay aspect that I said.

But both pro-reset and no-reset people are voicing their opinions while disregarding the other side concerns and possible solutions to their own concerns.

Understand?

I can’t concieve that IMC would not be capable of programming and implementing a testing room, it being an instanced and alone map that doesn’t interacts with any other map, doesn’t even needs design, lore or unique art… just a big blank space with 1 immortal mob would be a good start…

The mechanics around reseting in testing room are already developed for skill reset, (or would need to be developed for cycle reset anyways).

Well, there it is, proof you stop reading when someone disagrees with you. If you read my actual comment all the way through you’d see that I go on to semi-contradict myself by saying that exact thing, not having a class reset just delays the cookie cutter builds.

Keep generalizing, you look so smart.

because it devalues build decision making in a game based entirely on build decision making.

What a baseless argument.

In what way does it devalue build decision making? If anything it brings build decision making to the forefront of things you spend time doing most.

A limited reset is functionally necessary because of the game’s design, but a flexible reset would still not be hurting anyone, or anything.

If decisions can be reset then they don’t have weight. This is obvious. Your decisions don’t MATTER AT ALL if they can be changed on whim.

It does no such thing. It makes decision making irrelevant. Everyone will spec whatever is the fastest for leveling then respec for whatever is best for dungeons then respec for whatever is best for pvp then respec for whatever is best for world bosses, etc etc etc.

No means no. Stop asking. Never going to happen.

The way someone levels has literally no effect on you. ZERO.

Once you hit cap, all that matters to you when it comes to other players is making groups for hard content (of which there is only 1 dungeon right now).

Allowing people to spec for the “fastest” (as if they can’t already do this due to skill resets/stat resets), just helps you have more of a pool of players to pick from when you’re forming groups at the eventual end game.

So if anything, you are helped by people leveling faster. Everyone levels in groups anyway past a certain point, so what exactly are you insisting gets faster? The 1-160 grind? You mean the levels that go quickly regardless?

You have no leg to stand on.

Also, if it costs $30-50, and/or resets your class level to 1 for that rank, how is it that the decision to reset a circle holds no weight? We’re talking about either a hefty financial or time investment here, and you just think it’s fuckin’ willy nilly spanilly easy to swap whenever and everyone will do it every day, just for kicks because they can?

The anti-reset arguments are such a joke.

1 Like

Man, give it a rest. Your arguments are bad. You obviously dont know what this game is about and never will. I can tell from the post you just made.

Stopped reading here when i realized that you don’t have a clue what this game is about.

Leveling the fastest is part stats, part skills, and a BIG PART RANK.

What we are discussing here is the rank reset. You can waste your stat/skill reset on a “fast” leveling build if you feel like, but odds are it’s not going to be all that different from your final build given that your stat/skill choices are ENTIRELY dependent on your RANK choices. It’s really not complicated and I have no idea why you’re struggling so much with this concept.

You know what. I’m feeling generous so I"ll give you an example. The fastest swordsman leveling build to rank 5 BY FAR is sw-high-high-high. So say your swordie wanted to go pelta-hoplite-hoplite. Well you certainly wouldn’t build that way. You’d go sw-high-high-high then swap to pelta-hop-hop right before rank 5.

There are no skill or stat points change in the world that can make pelta-hoplite a comparable leveling build to high-high.

Sorry dude, you are just uninformed. A rank reset is a completely different ballgame from stat/skill. Not going to happen. Ever.

1 Like