Tree of Savior Forum

Sadhu what happened?

I don’t see much about this anymore, is not not viable?

The damage of an int sadhu is still really good, especially at c2 with possession but the main reason people don’t choose it anymore is that OOB attack speed got nerfed hard! It’s half the speed it use to be

Sadhu was affected by 2 nerfs a while go.

The first one, as @goldmnjp said, was the nerf to Out-of-Body’s attack speed, effectively cutting its speed in half.

The second was an indirect nerf. IMC added a change some time ago which made any channeled spell directly canceled upon getting hit. Sadhu’s Possession skill, originally a great skill, got affected by this the most. And since the skill is short range, it is hard to pull off without being interrupted, especially against ranged and caster enemies.

Out-of-Body is also not always practical to use, and requires quite a bit of set up. It gets canceled easily, especially if there are ranged mobs.

Sadhu still has its uses but is more niche now.

Out-of-Body is still great against bosses and world bosses, especially if there are players to draw aggro off you. If you place your host body carefully, you can DPS 24/7 with little risk.

Out-of-Body also has potential in PvP/GvG if used well.

The class is unpopular in kTOS, it is outshined by Chaplains or more straightforward INT nuker builds such as Krivis/Druid/Plague.

It is viable.
But it’s annoying to pull off, requires specific class combos to work well and got nerfed quite a bit.

One of said “nerfs” was that interrupts didn’t work during a good chunk of icbt2. So the main downside of possession was suddenly gone and many assumed it was intended.

Unfortunately it wasn’t intended and thus solved with a bug fix, and a lot of sadhu fans left the topic in frustration.

The other part were the frequent nerfs to out of body. Lower dmg here, lower atk speed there. Potentially removed hidden debuff/buff tile combo. (The last one isn’t confirmed yet just to be clear.)

But don’t be mistaken, it’s still a excellent way of being able to “auto attack” and cast spells at the same time. Thus it will always have some niche use.

But it is very interrupt prone, and is thus best used with invulns or safety zone. So build options are rather limited. (Cleric2 is a must, often with druid2, diev3 or bokor2)

And a lot of new classes came out that didn’t look like good combos with sadhu, so it didn’t gain popularity either.

And to make it worse the way to control sadhu’s wasn’t to everyone’s liking either. It’s a odd mix of being immobile while having to be mobile with your spirit.

do you have a good DPS sadhu build to share with us? i want to do a sadhu but i dont know enough about the game to make a build to myself

Thats too bad about the nerfs… I was planning on making a sadhu. Not sure about it now though.

Cleric2-Krivis-Sadhu2-Druid2 or

Cleric2-Krivis2-Sadhu-Druid2

Int builds. Good caster DPS. Sufficient protection for OoB. Can be a healer ok too.

The three basic OoB build examples would be:

[Int] Cleric2 | Krivis2 | Sadhu | Druid2:
Standard OoB build, uses safety zone + Sterea trofh for invulns and zaibas/carni/oob for dmg. Decent enough for pve & pvp. But for pvp watch out for circle destruction skills, they will mess you up.

[Int] Cleric2 | Bokor2 | Sadhu | Druid2:
More pvp focused, as mackangdal can’t be countered and you get 2 nice long range spammable dps options. Not bad for pve, but requires zombies for optimal use. Which seems terrible for earth tower at least.

[Int] Cleric2 | Dievdirby2 | Sadhu | Druid2:
More defensive with plenty of distracting totems, but is more pve oriented since silence is often prevented in pvp via bloodletting.

Other OoB builds i’m not entirely sure if they’re good or not.
A dievdirby3/sadhu seems too average for both pve and pvp.
Where as a bokor2/sadhu/kabbalist variant has some of the best pvp offence a cleric can get but lacks defenses.

Sadhu2 variants are in a really bad spot rank wise. They can get druid2 but r3 will be largely wasted. It’s often better and easier focus on a generic spellcaster build that ignores OoB for the most part.

And since possession is now really bad in pvp due to the condition prevention, well they’re pretty much pve only builds that are best when there’s a linker in the party.

Basically any

• Cleric2 | Int2 | Sadhu2 | Plague Doctor or
  • Cleric2 | Int2 | Sadhu2 | Kabbalist.

Where int2 = krivis2, Bokor2 or Dievdirbys2. (Bokor is not the best option here, but does make it slightly better for pvp.)

2 Likes

i’m not really into pvp, so you think cleric2>diev2>sadhu>druid2 would be the best for me? btw thank you for the tips, this will help me a lot

Yep, should work wonders for pve.
Also buy some barrier scrolls if you can, they’re quite op.

1 Like

Are there any other options for spellcaster without diev and I read zombies scale off str.

Most spellcaster builds do just fine without diev.

And zombies scale of str if you use the skill Bwa Kayiman. But you want bokor for effigy dmg spam more so then zombies. And Mackangdal for the invuln.
Otherwise they scale their dmg via int with bokor circle 3, but zombies were quite bad last icbt.

Wow I posted that link hours ago and it finally shows up, please ignore that. I’m think I h sahdu 2 instead of krivis2 possession is more dmg in the end right?

how u guys think about this build?

Possession deals more dmg if you continually hit 5 mobs at a time and don’t get interrupted.
lvl 10 Zaibas is slightly less dmg, but is a lot more consistent and better vs lower amounts of enemies. But deals more dmg if mobs are linked and you don’t use the aoe attribute.

Also keep in mind you can’t take sadhu at r3.

@igorv88:

• Max heal, always max heal.
  • Put 1 into Bwa Kayiman, it’s str based not int, and rest into Samediveve for the speed buff.
  • Sadhu r3 is really not such a good option, it’s only a tiny dmg increase on Possession/Astral Body Explosion. I’d suggest Kabbalist or Plague Doctor instead.

Another argument can be made about Possession vs lvl 10 Zaibas: Separete cooldowns. That means you can cast more things and have an overall higher damage. If you max out Zaibas, even it it’s better, you are stuck at that 30 seconds cooldown. If you get lvl 5 Zaibas and lvl 5 Possession, you can cast it and Possession during Zaibas cooldown. Gives you more uptime and more damage overall :slight_smile:

Kabbalist have that Revenged Sevenfold and Merkabah do u think it worth it?

1 Like

Yeah kabbalist is worth it.
Revenged sevenfold can prevent and deal a good chunk of dmg.
Ein Sof helps with healing and sp regen.
Merkabah is not that amazing, but hey it’s int scaling aoe dmg.

The lvl reduction seems quite useless atm though, but might just need more testing.

so thinking that way, cleric 2 ,krivs, sadhu 2, druid 2 have better stuff, or 2 krivs

You mean Krivis c2 instead of Sadhu c2 or instead of Cleric c2? I myself think that Cleric c2 is a must for Sadhu because of Fade, and getting a stronger Safety Zone also helps a lot.

Now between Krivis c2 or Sadhu c2, it’s arguable. Krivis c2 offers a stronger Zaibas, but you are stuck at the 30 seconds cooldown. Sadhu c2 gives you Possession, which has a separate cooldown, but is harder to land, being more situational. Krivis c2 also gives Divine Stigmata, which seems pretty decent.

So I don’t know. it might come to personal preference. Maybe someone else can clarify if everything I said is correct. I for one plan an making a Cleric c2 > Krivis > Sadhu c2 > Druid c2, but I might change that to Cleric c2 > Krivis c2 > Sadhu > Druid c2.