Tree of Savior Forum

Sadhu Class Feedback

Feedback from more experienced Sadhu’s is welcome :). I will be putting my ‘complaints’ first, followed by my suggestions in bold.

Here’s what I’ve got;

SKILLS:

1. Ectoplasm (Out of Body auto-attack): The target-box is too small. The skill is too slow. The damage is too low. Increase the attack speed by like 25-30%. Make the target box a cleave instead of a seemingly narrow pierce. Make it a true multihit.
  2. Out of Body: Perfect skill. I love it. The one problem I have with it is not being able to tell how far I can go. Add a ring indicator so that we can see how far we can project too.
  3. Prakriti: Another mostly good skill. It would be cool if the healing attribute for it did not increase the cooldown though.
  4. Astral Body Explosion: This skill feels awful to use. Its slow, doesn’t give any indication of activation, does remarkably tiny damage, has too long of a cooldown, and most importantly - it ENDS Out of Body, which is annoying if you didn’t want to end OOB just to go right back into it. Leave the damage where it is, and the cooldown, but speed it up to near-instant (if not just instant), give it 3 overheats, and make it so you don’t lose OOB status (maybe via toggle attribute).
  5. Vashita Siddhi: This doesn’t scale on anything but skill level. Its a channeled skill so its not nice to use while OOB either. Also, the confusion attribute shouldn’t increase its cooldown time. In addition to what I’m saying below about channeled skilled, remove the cooldown increase from the confusion attribute, and make this skill remove a % of enemy stats instead of a set amount.
  6. Channeled skills: Possession is at odds with the OOB playstyle, vice versa. There needs to be a middle ground achieved that satisfies the totality of the archetype. I suggest making it so that either channeled skills activate on the spirit (as that IS where the mind of the Sadhu is), or making it so that the spirit can still auto-attack and move around while channeling.

Attribute ideas: These are just ideas I had for more flavorful attributes to add to Sadhu.

1. Body and Soul: Max level 5. Both the body and spirit of the Sadhu attack in unison. While the Spirit is fighting, the body has a 10% chance per attribute level to pulse a small ring of AoE damage around both it and the spirit, dealing 10% of MATK to nearby enemies. Cannot be used with Soothing Mind.
  2. Soothing Mind: Max level 5. While the spirit attacks, the Sadhu has a 3% chance per attribute level to pulse an aura of healing inside of the Out of Body area; healing the Sadhu and nearby allies for 3% of their max HP.
  3. Astral Body Explosion: Max level 1. (Toggle) While turned on, the Sadhu will not leave Out of Body state while using Astral Body Explosion.
  4. Unbound Will: Max level 1. (Toggle) While in the Out of Body state, the Sadhu can channel skills and maintain control of their spirits ability to move and attack. However Out of Body gains a 20 second cooldown.
  5. Mental Itch: Max level 1. (Toggle) Possession now applies a debuff to the target and nearby enemies instead of being a channeled skill, dealing 50% of its normal damage. Cooldown increased by 5 seconds.

Bugs:

1. There is an ongoing bug gamewide that makes it so that players standing still will move down and to the right, until they either hit a wall or move around a bunch. This is breaking Out of Body and forcing Sadhu to be stuck in OOB mode, without being able to cancel it via skill or right clicking the debuff. Its literally breaking Sadhu.
  2. When trying to attack structure objects in Out of Body state (such as the pile of furniture in Siaolaui Mission) - the Sadhu attacks down and to the right, completely missing the furniture. This happens when manually using the basic attack (Z button for mouse users).
  3. Fade is randomly breaking while in Out of Body. Sometimes it only activates for a second and then shuts off, other times its half way through the duration or something, and it just turns off, leaving our vulnerable squishy bodies exposed and out in the open.

As a fellow Sadhu i second this. Out of body main appeal is its scaling Damage (that what the big combat change promise), however is does scale terribly. This is not actually becouse of its damage itself but the fact that its Aoe feels odd, its a narrow attack often leads to empty hits and a OOB stuck in place since the damage animation still goes on. So i would suggest too that the attack speed gets increased or the AoE in best cases both (this might be a good attribute).

Well i kind of aggree the damage at least scales and you are able to chase enemy while waiting for the explosion, still the damage stays way behind other skills of similiar ranks. The only upside is that the 200% multiplier at least somewhat scales. On the ending part i have to absolutly agree, it feels awful and balancing wise its not a real issue that a sadhu has to recast OBB or if he hasnt (a walk gap he is able to overcome fairly quickly and there are no sp cost to cast OBB anyway). So i kinda of agree on the attribute toogle option to stay in OBB or not.
However about the casting time i kind of disagree the animation of the character indicates the explosion timer fairly enough and you can chase monster while you use it. I for my part see a big role of a sadhu player in map awareness (his real body and monsters).

I have to completly agree the main appeal of a sadhu is its map control, walk speed and auto attack, a channeled skill feels odd and kind of misplaced.

The only role Possesion it fills is a failed Sadhu to be honest ,when one monster is still there and you wait for your defensive skills to reload however mostly you will just kill it with OBB, if its a mob that toss you off balance hince ends OBB its a different story for this and only this situation it is usefull ,the second another monster comes around its a skill that seems to have no real application (at least i cant think of any).

As a suggestion:
Make it a 3-5 Second waven around the caster stunning/petrifing enemys around the main damage with only a little bit of damage (maybe no damage at all). This way it would keep its control aspect and buffing it while hopefully nerfing the damage to the nothing, giving the sadhu a somewhat useful defensive skill on its own (right now he is pretty reliant on cleric skills but well i can deal with that just fine)

Vashita Siddhi is even more odd, its a hard debuff but quite honest i never found any reasonable Situation for it.
My suggestion here :
Let a bee an ongoing toggle on/off buff around the OBB with a short radius, that constantly drains SP. This would be awesome for PVP and PVE, it would give sadhus a unique roll in debuff special targets and give map awareness at the same time (still exposing his postion of course )

Some more Thoughts :

Trasmit prana

Really a nice skill however it would be absolutly great if it was a party buff (even if its only for 1 second per skill level), it does work however when someone stands really close but than again the time it applies is to short.
So my suggestions here :
Either a party skill with a a really short buff duration
Or
A Single target spell (like now), with an infine duration as long as the caster and the target dont move (hince giving the sadhu still the opportunity to use OBB)
The second one again with a huge sp drain over time.

So about the suggestions:

I dont know about that one it is ok i guess but might be somehwat overpowered with certain builds , i would rather see a attribute that boost the attack speed or aoe radius of the oBB .

Here we really get the op stuff i like the general idea but its way to hard. Cleric3 in a safetyzone (without attributes) can already play the tank of ages, with this ,the only downside of the sadhu (the lack of physicla defense and that is a nice interessting part of the class aswell) would be completly neglected. Still i like the idea in general but 15% hp heal on pulsing seems really to hard and might even outshine pure support builds.

as stated before yes,really really yes it would be a nice option for the class.

While its sounds nice it is really somewhat strange to consider since as stated (by you aswell), that channeling skills kinda neglecting the general feeling of the class and imagine an OBB ghost that can channel skills, a sadhu would become a walking Nuclear bomb in PVP ,PVE and Boss fights.

Well ok might be an option, but as mentioned before i think there are more viable ways, most favourite by me would be an overhaul of the skill itsself than an attribute.

Dont need to quote them all i just second this.

At last a little complain.
Rank 7 ,there is really a solid option for full sadhu there are only less worse ones to pick from Rank 8 it looks a little bit better but somehow it feels in general like the sadhu is a forgotten class, that someone once loved dearly.
Its like a darling you etablished and then forgot to see through it is really a fun class but not a completly solid great one . You guys can do some amazing things with all of your classes and outshine your spiritual ancestor ragnarok, so please dont run after your potential instead catch it embrace your intial ideas to the fullest and Tos can go from a good unique experience with full might to a awesome great and outstanding unique game

Sincerly Garion =)

1 Like

Not sure how but they actually managed to make Out of Body damage even worse with the update. Right now at lvl 208 my normal auto-attacks are doing about 2k a hit, not including the extra strings of damage.

My OOB in comparison, is doing 3 hits for about 250 each. Looks like OOB is only good for explosion now.