Tree of Savior Forum

Saalus Overtuned?

I could understand if I was on an under-geared alt but on my main with high level attributes and a solid transcended velcoffer bow with wastrel ichor Saalus mini-bosses are now 3 minute marathon fights.

I switched characters and tried grouping and it was even worse, took 3x longer with 5 people, has anyone else felt like this. I previously solod Saalus in 5 minutes or so without any issue. Challenge Mode wise in re: the bosses feel significantly easier, was melting stage 5 CM bosses solo in no time, Saalus though just feels way over tuned for something we have to do on many characters daily.

1 Like

Welcome to ReBullshit

3 Likes

Ya was mybad, I missed that it had been adjusted in patch notes.

Normally I wouldnt mind them making something instance related a bit harder but when its the thing we have to do like 87 times a day on multiple characters it just brings me right back to the commander load fail days, IMC just cant get out of their own way.

Feels like a waste to do Saalus with all your characters if only the first runs are rewarded with additional blessed shards. I like the way it is now, it reminds me of when the transcendence system was added to the game and Saalus was pretty hard. Back then, it was really worse, because you needed to run 3 times with each character. Each Saalus run would take almost 10 min except if you had the luck of getting Lake Mission or that Elgos Monastery map (added later, replacing Area of Ruins). Looking at the changes brought by Re:Build, Saalus today resembles Saalus in 2016 in terms of difficulty, but with the convenience of needing to do it with only 3 characters. For extra shards, hunting Elite monsters is better.

1 Like

I like it. I was making a saalus party with my friends and we able to finish it. If they are organized, there will be no problem.

There are bosses that can nuke you if you have under 40k hp, but Saalus is not for solo anymore.

This would makes sense if ppl weren’t forced to do Saalus multiple times on a daily basis, if the game had more player and if the game wasn’t already full of other dailies activities :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe what IMC think is that, Saalus is a sure shot source of Goddess blessed shards. Which is a foundation for transcending items so lets make it overtuned. Lets make everybody know that Blessed shards need to take time to obtain. XD

Just my thought haha.

I mean its not that bad, its just that we have to do it so many times a day. And how many times do you get home late, or get busy with rl things and log in late, you dont always have time to find a group for content on a game with an average player base of like 1k…

I like having the option to solo trivial content if need be, and Saalus should be trivial content. To solo it now I have to rely on blinding certain bosses otherwise as an archer in leather armor, with my 52 extra stat points in CON and 40+ CON rolls on my armors I get wrecked.

1 Like

Nobody is forced to run Saalus, its not the only source of Shards anymore nowadays. But sure… keep doing it.

We did some today and it was not to hard, but after all this time… we are well geared.

A little more challenge is nice. But if its made harder… the reward should also be increased, at least a bit.

edit: Another idea:

Make a nerfed version of current Saalus. Harder than old but weaker then this. And call it “Easy mode”. With current rewards.

And rename the current Saalus to “Normal” or “Hardmode” with little increased rewards.

Good for new ppl or solo. Good for strong old players and parties.

4 Likes

Ya I mean I can understand a game developer wanting to encourage more group play, thats a pretty common theme in games.

In ToS though our player base is very, very small, for example they had to rework the entire way items dropped b/c originally the DPK system was in place to accomodate a player base of over 30,000 players.

I just dont understand forcing this change on us now when the resource pool hasnt changed, theres only so many people available to run content with and you do not always have access to folks.

1 Like

I get more silver and shards by doing 1 hour of Hunting Grounds, but I’m still doing Saalus on my main because it’s still “quick” for him to solo, I’m just no longer running it with alts.

Better to farm HG for shards instead during that time.

1 Like

If they wanted to encourage group play, they could’ve changed saalus to give better rewards for queuing, like dungeons.

1 Like

well, in the future the sisters gift is planned contain 5 shards, so by doing Saalus 1 time,
it will yield you as many shards as you got for 3 runs in the past, in exchange for no longer dropping silver.

Edit: it seems the change is delayed indefinitely, so far for the easier shards…

It’s also less boring and trains you in playing the game since the boss fights take longer and encourage active dodge via sprint and active block with shield.

2 Likes

That is nice and good, but what happens when population drops again?
Log-in at set hours and hope to find a party?

That’s good for new players, not for someone that played since launch or earlier.

1 Like

*laughs in Area of Ruins

The point I think IMC are missing is who Saalus is aimed at. It’s is still advertised in game as a 240+ instance to help you advance. And it was already a challenge for a typical L240 party before rebuild. The only issue was that it didn’t scale well, which is game-wide feature.

I haven’t tried it on any of my lower level toons, simply because I wouldn’t want to be in a low level, undergeared party running Saalus now.

Saalus is fine just can’t solo it easily anymore and rarely anyone was anyways. Join a shout group and it is only slightly longer than before.

Also, you need to actually pay attention to boss patterns and avoid attacks. Ironbaum in Canyon will kill you if you stand in his flame breath or stand in a fire pillar.

If dying because you played poorly is unfun to you, Hello Kitty may be more up your alley.

1 Like

I’m glad they’re finally taking a nerf bat to the 300 alt shard train. That kind of thing needs to wither up and die.

Bosses can be cc’d now in saalus and dungeon. I did multiple saalus already where the boss was stunned or blinded for the majority of it and it did nothing so we barely took dmg.

1 Like

I mean the only thing that buffs is bots making silver from farming shards in HGs lol. Also probably gonna see people be even more toxic in Gem Feud…

That being said, best way I found to run it was to use Oracle’s Twist of Fate. Since you only need to lower bosses to 20% of their HP then.