Tree of Savior Forum

[SA] Sillute new relocation and why I'm afraid of it

Please, don’t deliberately derail the topic.

It was completely on topic.

People kept saying that people are racist for not wanting Brazilians on the server, and I cleared that up. In fact, it’s far more on topic than your useless post. So please, stop trying to derail. :slight_smile:

Most americans can’t really speak in a good well english in games! LOL!

It’s just different to talk and to type grammatically correct. Just read again your posts (and every true american member here in this forum) and you will see. lol

But I’ll not feed the troll anymore. Even the others had seen that you’re here just to talk you opinion as for your last answer to @imoutopantsu

1 Like

IMC should just find someone to publish the game in SA and just get the royalty payments from publisher like they do in KR with Nexon publishing it. They are working ata loss right now and racking up all kinds of extra cost trying to fix some thing that were not expected, IMC cut your losses and find publisher for SA you wont be raking in the dough like self publishing but at least you wont be forking out incredible amounts of money and stretching yourselves out thin like you are right now.

Which publisher can the community agree on then that they won’t protest against like the other one?

That’s what I don’t get, instead of having a discussion Brazilians would rather insult, which is exactly what you just did.

I don’t know what your culture is like over there, but people are generally civilized here in NA.

It’s simply a clash of cultures, we’re civilized and like to have fun (for the most part), and Brazilians just like to insult eachother and troll constantly. Cultures are just different, just like how South Korea sees video games as sports.

1 Like

they probably wont be able to agree on any, thats why IMC needs to put out an offer and see which pubs bite and wash their hands from SA collect profits on royalty and go back to developing and fixing the core game. I mean they will still reap profits from EU/NA/SEA I mean its logical.

Yeah.
We can just think about. The game didn’t get ANY balance patch since the F2P release.
All maintenances are just to “try to fix” the SA problems.

@ophiuchu many brazilians don’t like the only big company that could really publish ToS, that is Level Up Games. They will never be “happy”. And that sads me, because I just want to play. Let the level up bring it. >.<

Well they’ve already got $120 from me personally and I’m just a poor construction laborer. Still there needs to be a solution for servers which doesn’t involve throwing 50,000 people on Orsha, Klapedia, and the SEA servers so everyone lags again. Shuffling hosts around SA seems to be a money pit to me also if everyone says the infrastructure is bad.

Gotta give it to IMC though that they at least tried to keep the SA community happy with a local server even though it doesn’t work. And despite what I’ve said I do have respect for them because they were literally almost the first community to publicize this game. I’ve been following the subreddit since it started to know.

At this point most of my frustrations are with IMC’s coding problems which are seemingly the same issues RO had on their original server software. I’ve seen the old Athena coding to know just how much of a sphaghetti mess it is and can only imagine handling 100,000 account dabaste file lines single handedly from one server box to another through a console.

So server transfers are like tedious time consuming things which I’m sure cost them money and grief too.

In the end this is why many devs just get regional pubs to publish the game to different regions.

@ophiuchu yeah they don’t need to move people back to those servers they just need to let SA go, like you said it’s a money pit hence why they have to price DLC at such ridiculous prices (anyone that says those prices are the norm I wonder what games they are playing, probably mobile games which are scams themselves)

The prices are to recoup cost of getting new servers and man power/time to transfer (for free at that) and now cost to relocated once again. They will also incur more cost when they decide to relocate the SA server once again while praying nothing goes wrong (again) and the cost will be transfered to use the players on the cost of DLC packs, TP prices and whatever else comes out.

I really want to know if theres anything to do with LEVEL UP GAMES opening the game here in Brazil.

I REALLY want this server back in São Paulo quick. I ratter this previous lag and a solution a NA ping server.

2 Likes

Not trying to defend anyone but unless we have a different definition for civilized I’m not quite sure about americans being one, of course I’m not speaking for the whole country but the most racist/xenophobic comments I’ve read in this game was from americans, so yea, I don’t think that acting like this is part of being civilized.

On topic: I’m glad they’re doing something to try to fix SA and if moving it will help on fixing, then I’m fine with it.

1 Like

a; Amazon BR’s hosting locks the administration out of the account when it comes under attack, so they can’t even fix the issue. if i was trying to run a game, i wouldn’t stay on a system i didn’t have access to fix things

b; yell at your countrymates who keep DDoS’ing your own servers. they’re the biggest part of the problem.

c; you might have more latency, but plenty of BR’s play on the NA servers anyway, simply because they’re just that much more stable. since you can’t play nicely with the toys you have, you must choose:
–do you want a nice ping? you can’t have this, the constant DDoS attacks make the ping terrible anyway.
–do you want a stable server? then it has to move to a new provider, where IMC can actually do maintenance to it when it is needed.

…actually, not much of a choice is it?

1 Like

If so, we should boycott LEVEL UP.

what good will that do you?

they have nothing at all to do with the SA server. IMC cancelled its partnership with them weeks ago.

Haven’t they? 20chars

correct me if i’m wrong, obviously, but…

the LuG server was -not- going to be on steam. it was going to be independent. it was expected to come online in something like… December.

IMC (probably) got tired of waiting, and opened up their own server, with no connection to LuG. they are handling everything themselves, through steam, same as the rest of the servers here.

Why would a company allow two competing servers of Tree of Savior located on the same city exist? That’s just Bullshit.

Three things can happen though.

• SA will remain on USA, and Level Up will open a BR server.
  • SA will return to São Paulo and Level Up will have nothing to do with anything.
  • SA will remain on USA and we will have to live with lag.

SA = South america not Brazil. Level Up would open their servers to brazil only, probably an IP block to make sure. Sao paulo is one of the best locations in South america to host a server.

So, Brazil is not part of South America? What the hell!

1 Like