Tree of Savior Forum

šŸšØ halp, pls stop me! šŸšØ

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I might be tired but I found this rather funny nick. Make sure you keep using it from now on :3

@itzNiko

:confused:

thats even more complex than just dismounting pet on PvE

and remounting pet on PvP

@cosx774
limted 10 users tag per post

or i run first an alchemist/pardoner and reflect on this decision?

1 Like

From what I have read there is a feature coming to the game that automatically switches weapons if you use a skill that the current weapon cannot use, provided you have the weapon available in your swap.

Multi weapon builds are viable but harder to do and pull off. Not impossible.

I say

JUST DO IT

3 Likes

This is a list of skills that cannot be used while mounted and will automatically unmount you on use:
Peltasta: Shield Lob, Butterfly
Highlander: Cartar Stroke, Cross Cut, Vertical Slash
Hoplite: Long Stride
Barbarian: Embowel, Stomping Kick, Giant Swing, Seism, Cleave
Rodelero: Targe Smash, High Kick
Squire: Weapon Maintenance, Armor Maintenance, Repair, Arrest, Base Camp, Refreshment Table
Coirsair: Jolly Roger, Dust Devil, Pistol Shot
Doppelsoeldner: Punish, Cyclone, Zornhau, Rodel, Zucken
Fencer: ALL SKILLS
Shinobi: ALL SKILLS

This ainā€™t a good idea, you CAN do it. But it isnā€™t a good idea.
Build was good tilā€™ Fencer, begina good Fencer requires proper planning man, and personally Iā€™m still divisive on what makes for good Fencer planing.

@lajkonikes

im hitting 3 targets in 1 build

PvE tank - all that needs is a peltast2+
PvP offensive - which only class effective is a cataphract
Fencer Costume Desire - though the most logical class would be Dragoon, Peltast3, Sword2. which i would have taken if there was a swordswoman costume at par design with the Fencer. but there is none for now probably in the next months. unless i delay rank7 class until that costume comes.

@watchgintama your verdict?

1 Like

But why peltast 2? Am I missing some crucial mechanics here? :grin:

Personally I see the best tank as pelt 1 hop 3 into whatever really. Thats a +25% block from peltast and 30% from finestra. With high con you will have a lot more block then needed for current content. At that point you could also add spear lunge to fencerā€™s rotation to make that septoille skyrocket with preparation and the skill that makes it so next pierce attack goes through defence.

Yeah admittedly you wouldnt use finestra in that build so its a bit of a loss but you could bank on lvl 15 stabbing and piercing with rapier anyhow, though it would be a weird build to say the least :grin:

If only finestra didnt go off if you change to non spears swordsman life would be easier.

PROVOKE lvl 10 ā€˜kiteā€™ tanking in ET scenarios.

cataphact kinda has all the mobility that other swordie dont have.

1 Like

Okay I see you have it planned out in your head so go for it mate :grin: I wouldnt build around one dungeon when weā€™re not even at endgame but I concede tanking wise youā€™ll be golden. You do realise you have to have a shield or crossguard to physically block, right? I mean, high con gives you a lot of HP and a lot of block for a reason, youā€™re ment to mitigate some of it using a shield ^^

Good luck on your journeys!

Why am I in that list of peopleā€¦

Iā€™ll leave the build debate to others.
What about the Fencer Master outfit? ([image here])
We know that IMC sells the Trainer/Master outfits in the cash shop.
I donā€™t think the Fencer variant will come soon, but it should come eventually.

With some luck, itā€™ll only be locked to the base swordsman class for usage.
So far, I think all the current ā€œMasterā€ variant of the outfits are only locked to the base classes.
(i.e. Paladins locked to Cleric and so on)

Iā€™ve heard news about outfits requiring specifically C3 of certain classes, but I donā€™t know what they are, yet. Might not be the Master variants.

p.s. Go talk to some peeps about the necessity of Peltasta c2 for tanking purposes.

1 Like

Well, shortening his name to karja transform him from a person whose ancestors are from Karelia into cattle. Somehow I found this sudden unintended demotion rather funny :grin:

And Iā€™m sorry for off-topic. Iā€™ll try not to derail this or other threads after this reply but I think this one needed proper explanation.

1 Like

You do know that PeltastaC1 has proven to work just fine even up to Earth tower, right?
Well, no Catha isnā€™t the only effective class. The thing is that the Arena is full of scrubs that donā€™t know how to deal with soemthing that moves so fast, not to mention the lag.
If it wasnā€™t because of Stone Skin and to a degree bloodletting Swordsman would do way better in PvP, which is a joke anyways but you guys sure love it.

Her outfit is literally the female Fencer attire though lol.
Now, her hair on the other handā€¦

Isnā€™t that what Karj wants?
The outfit without the class?

Yeah, but if itā€™s the same constume you canā€™t just give it away.
We even have C3 locked costumes now, so that should tell you how it goes, unless itā€™s an unique costume like the Peltasta MAster it ainā€™t going on sale.

Do any of the Masters actually wear the same variant as ours?
Iā€™m too lazy to check.

Even if the Fencer master is currently identical (is it?), it might change to fit the rest. (perhaps because the portrait doesnā€™t exist, so thereā€™s no point in a unique variant?)

Edit : Need to add this. (the portrait)

They may still update the model to fit the portrait eventually.
Any excuse to sell, right?

.#dream is dead

ill play peltast3>fencer instead and reroll psychokino for pvp.

though im not sure for stat allocations now. 3:1 STR:CON (for block rate and LargeR HP pool)ā€¦no more DEX as that was only needed for PvP

Iā€™ll play pelt2rode3fencer myself. Though DEX is really good, why would you prefer STR on fencer?

You can dodge 100% attacks with 100+ DEX and be immune to magic with slithering. Best tank IMO, doesnā€™t even need CON.

higher level maps have more magic type attacks, thus blocking and evasion are non existent form of defense. slithering has long CD you can only pop it once in awhile and you cant even attack with it else lose your only magic defense.

thus the only way to bypass that is kill the enemy as fast as you can and take as much damage as you can via higher HP pool.