Tree of Savior Forum

Rodelero class buffed

http://pastebin.com/tmtvRFSy

All Rodelero skills have had their cooldown reduced significantly.
2 new skills have been added - Shield Shoving and one other skill:

All changes can be seen here:

This makes Rodelero a viable disrupter and the “go to” class for heavy cc / condition inflicting skills.
Lowering the cooldown on these skills also mean increasing the damage output from skills over time.
The only restriction is that it still requires a 1H weapon + shield to use.

This will be interesting as it opens up new builds to try out.
Combining Swordsman c3 and Rodelero c3 gives very heavy cc - level 10 Restrain from Swordsman provides 20% chance to stun in addition to all Rodelero cc skills.
The class is definitely worth considering now, even if not for the full 3 circles.

Edit: Shield Push now also decreases defense, with a 15 second cooldown only.

2 Likes

What’s this? A reason to go Rodelero3?

In my opinion, having 2 type of damages in Shooting Star skill already compensate for going Rodelero C3.

However, did I see it right? Targe Smash has 3 charges with 30 seconds cooldown? Really?

Also, if I my source of information is right, Montano has 2 charges and its knockdown distance reduced too?! We can definitely go Montano -> Thrust -> Side Slash now?!

If you consider the Cataphract buffs implemented recently, especially Earth Wave and Doom Spike hitting multiple times per use (source: http://pastebin.com/aRSmDa3Y), this brings Rodelero in line with Cataphract at rank 4 in the Swordsman class tree. If Earth Wave and Doom Spike hits like Highlander’s Cartar Stroke then they’re pretty strong at level 15.
A much needed buff for the class, as hardly anyone played it during kCBT3.
Rodelero now can deal considerable damage just by sheer skill usage alone due to its very short cooldowns.
The SP cost needs to be managed though, at level 15 skills equates to roughly 65 SP per skill use. Shooting star is cheaper to use at 38 SP per use. At level 200 Swordsmen typically have roughly 1200 max SP from videos seen on youtube.

Yeah, true. I’m still splitted between going Rodelero or Cataphract myself, as I’m already settled going Swordsman C3.

Do we have confirmation that we can use active swordsman skills like Thrust, Bash, Pommel Beat, and Side Slash while being mounted?

If yes, I’m more inclined towards Cataphract, as I can use Earth Wave to stun them and then combo with Thrust and Side Slash, and also proc Slow with Restrain and hit the enemy with a auto-crit Steed Charge.

If not, I’m more inclined to go Rodelero for the reasons I mentioned in my earlier reply.

Though, builds like mine will have to wait for the Rank 7 classes. As for me, I’ll see if Murmillio will be there or not, as I want to get its mask stances skills.

I’ve seen a guy on stream during kCBT3 using Peltasta skills while mounted (he was rank 4) so I think you can, provided there are no weapon restrictions on the skills though.

I see. Thanks for the information!

Now, I’ll have to dig around and see that video for myself!

Looking at the numbers in regards to dps, it was better to go Doppel at rank 6 due to DoV and Mordschlag for dps. None of the Doppel skills require a 2 hander so you could keep your sword shield if you wish. Or you could go Centurion for more utility in a party.

It used to to be just go Rodelero1 just for the debuff skills but now there is more incentive to level the skills now.

these changes are great because i have a few builds with rodelero c1 in consideration for swordsman

Yeah, I have considered to go Doppel, mostly to get Deeds of Valor for the increased attack speed. But, I don’t think they have finished polishing Rodelero yet, as we don’t know what the two new added skills for Rodelero actually do. (I want them to debuff enemy even more and increase their debuff duration as they level, but I think that will be too OP in PvP)

Also, I want to get Mumillio later for my swordsman build. If Mumillio is rank 8 or even rank 9, and not rank 7, then yes, I’ll go Rodelero C2 and then go Doppel to get Deeds of Valor for its sweet attack speed buff which compliments well with restrain.

They lowered many Coodowns and Mana cost for most of the Rodelero and Swordsman skills. But they also reduced initial dmg, so overall character dps will stay the same or will potentially go down a bit. This probably intended to make Rodelero more of a PvP than PvE class. I noticed this differences while updating this topic: