Tree of Savior Forum

RIP Rodelero/Murmillo

If the High Kick nerf to 50% from Rodelero wasn’t bad enough, they just killed slithering:

Corsair’s skillset at c3 (rank 7) does more damage than Murmillo’s skillset (rank 8) now (Source)

High Kick was nerfed to 30% actually, But rodelero skills still do a good amount of damage because of cassis crista (it’s not flat addition to the skill factor)

Good thing you can take both corsair and murmillo and not have to choose between the two.

Classic RIP after ktest changes. You can’t avoid it

Well, my Murm doesn’t have Rodelero, so I think I’m fine, but still is kinda sad… Slithering was literally the best thing about Rodelero.

Edit: “Ugly Helmet” killed me

Also, all of the damage on Murmillo skills is frontloaded instead of split among 3 or 7 hits.

You can get both corsair and murmillo and take advantage of both with a simple weapon swap.

When you have high con and have “the money” to have gears with high magic def and phys def , you dont even need to use Slithering , i rarely use it.

When we will have the rank reset for the combat system update , i will definitly replace my rodelrox3 with squirex3 and go peltx3/squirex3/murmillo.

Murmillo offer so much dps to keep aggro (if you still have the money to max murmillo skill & trans weap) that i can go all the way Squirex3 to be the perfect pve Tank. that can support with squire & DPS at the same time with murmillo (maxed skill).

1 Like

Slithering isn’t about avoid Magic Damage, it’s about increase 100% of Strike Damage.

Nah still good, rodelero skills do more damage than murmillo skills because of cassis crista atribute. The atribute is not a flat addition to the skill factor.

No reason to take corsair on a murmilo pve build either.

Not just Rodelero, even Peltasta dealt more damage in this video.

I hate how they tie Peltasta and Rodelero up with Murmillo for the attribute. Wish if they move the cassia crista attributes into pelt 3 and rod 3 attributes instead, so these classes can be independent of Murmillo.

Seems like after the patch, monsters hit hard because evasion is gone. Despite his gear, he was potting nonstop throughout the fights. Makes it discouraging to stack high defense because of the diminishing returns. Best defense is to kill fast, or use cc such as knockdown skills or restrain 10 + cyclone/rush

Then why would anyone go murmillo? Cassis Crista debuffs your movement speed and enables murmillo skills. They would have to re-design the whole class.

Discouraging the stacking of one stat is good MMO design. This means you can focus your attention on other stats to boost your offense or defense in other ways.[quote=“GoldenCross, post:11, topic:358221”]
Best defense is to kill fast, or use cc such as knockdown skills or restrain 10 + cyclone/rush
[/quote]

So the best defense is to play your class correctly? Sounds like a good thing.

True ! Baka me ^_~
I’m still stuck in the past, 9 month ago , when Magic defense was an issue for Tank , and that everyone wanted Slithering to avoid Magic Attack. Heh

Hmm, I could see these changes really hurting the burst of rod3/shin/murm setups. We’re losing slithering as part of the normal rotation and the helmet attributes don’t affect skills used by clones. The build really relied heavily on stacking those debuffs to boost lower tier skill damage up.

I liked my murmnobi…oh well.

Thats exactly what Im doing.

Is that for all skills or only some of the attributes? Like what about the attribute for Synchro Thrust, is it also a multiplier and not flat/additive skill factor?

Are there any updates on this nerf? No hopes of being reverted?