Tree of Savior Forum

[RIP] Hangman's Knot, 15sec to 4sec

Well yeah.

Having the duration slaughtered from 15 -> 4 secs sure is really, really harsh. So far, after the patch its really hard for any linker to keep soloing since mobs will move after 3 seconds (given that it takes around 1 sec for the skill to group them). Hopefully IMC could reconsider into extending its duration to around 6~7secs if anything.

What are your impressions about it :v ?

1 Like

Unnerfed version is too strong, but nerfed version is a joke.

:confused:

4s at lvl 5 and 8s at level 15 would be good, imo.

It’s been like that in iTOS up until the first kTOS repository merge so what the heck are you complaining about? Did you just make a linker?

A 4 second bind at level 15 is pretty reasonable for such a powerful skill as Joint Penalty. Cryo’s freeze is only 5 seconds and doesn’t proc 100% of the time like HK does. Stop asking for too much when JP is already one of the best skills in the game. And while you’re at it, don’t call everything RIP just because it doesn’t work out for you.

Yes I’m flaming you because I’ve already quit the game and couldn’t care less if you flamed me back.

8 Likes

We already had that nerf for months.

It only got mentioned in the patch notes because it’s basically a translated copy-paste of the korean patchnotes and korea did not have that change until very recently.

Nothing will change for iTOS linkers with this maintenance.

2 Likes

Actually linkers would be nerfed again lol. We got reverted to the old version. The current patch will just apply the nerf we already had before.

Yes, Linkers nerf was already too harsh to begin with.

But honestly, no one in this game cares, as long as they don’t mess with Elememe and Chrono or Clerics everyone is happy, only meta matters for the Devs.

1 Like

I think they nerfed magic missile’s interaction between hangman’s knot and joint penalty’s additional damage taken attribute this patch.

Hard to be sure, of course, but there might be one actual change to linkers.

15 seconds is too much. but 4 Seconds ( at max level 15 !) is way too less. Make it half the time in pve and use the nerfed version (4 sec) in pvp/Tbl only.

After the merge, we had the un-nerfed cbt version of Linker. Linker was “OP” back than and people kept whining with all their hate, so IMC nerfed Linkers into the ground.
Thats the version we have now (again).

IMC can nerf skills for tbl only. So why do they always cripple down pve for pvp’s sake …

2 Likes

In 1st 2 weeks of launch, ppl shout for LFM Linker, now it’s LFM Ele3 or Chrono. Never knew that hangman knot was once 15secs…

they need to unnerf linker for pve but keep that cancer out of pvp, having 1 linker in pve fixes any team composition and makes grinding bearable

Really? I got on before the patch to specifically test linker stuff and it seemed like it was still in its nerf state. To be fair though, I only looked at cooldowns and didn’t count hangman durantion.

It makes me think that using alternative builds the Elementalist and Chronomancer becomes increasingly unfeasible. That is, or play as the metabuilds or … DIE!

you know…linkers are very scary in TBL. with that 15 sec hangman is REALLY painful. imagine 5 enemies stuck for 15 sec with hangman… it’s GG for them. now it’s been nerfed… i say it’s somewhat balanced now xD (only for pvp i guess but it sucks for pve. i need the 15 sec duration for HN)

Brah, it was 15 sec duration, 10 sec CD. Basically 100% uptime of no monster action AND -5 AOE defense.

Are you complaining about a nerf that happens 6 months ago? Whats the point?

1 Like

Well people usually just get linker1 in any build havent face any linker3 but honestly 2 sec hangman is not that helpfull at all and will surely affect the linkernecro builds…

Just tested the changes. Looks like we got back to the same version before the kTos repository merge. Max hit limits applied. Damage is only shared once per instance (selected skills). Aoe Damage is not multiplied anymore through links. Hangman’s Knot’s duration is now fixed to match the tool tip duration.

Just tested the changes. Max hit limits applied. Flame ground is still multiplied by links [4 lepusbunny = 8 hits to die (there was a 5th weaker monster that died after 1 hit), 1 lepusbunny = 30 hits to die].

Hangman’s Knot + Magic Missile still instakill 8 dungeon mobs every 22 sec for me after this patch. Awesome, I suppose it’s always been working as intended. :yum: I have Flesh Cannon but only use it when links are on cooldown.

It does still work because that’s the way it worked before the patch. The new problem now would be for mobs with a very high HP. Magic Missile has a very high hit count - link could easily be broken.