Tree of Savior Forum

Ridiculous hidden class quest

Normal class quests are too easy (at least based on my experience so far) and hidden class quests requires unbelievable amounts of time waiting for a single flower or smth. Can’t they make it fairly challenging? Or since they turned off job change quests for the duration of the event, why not turn off quests for hidden classes as well?

2 Likes

Because that way isn’t fair for who had to do all the work, the server will unlock the classes without one doing at least some effort? Yeah right.

But I do agree with you in the way they are acquired.

They need to be more challenging and not time consuming.

The flower for example could be hidden inside a dungeon or protected by a boss (triggered when you touch it).

Runecaster is also another boring one, have to wait the Chrono master find the rune and even when you get there in time she suddenly says she didn’t found and reset the time again, pretty idiotic.

1 Like

Quest has all meaning of it

Miko : Patient (to wait and to spare your time to blessing the pots)

Appraiser : Precise (have to find flower, even have to check the signature of 3 Lords [if you doesn’t have any guide] )

Runecaster : Leisurely (waiting , adventure , like the rune will choice you)

Shinobi : Mysterious (i love this one even it the hardest one, shinobi will not shown theme own the normal pp)

PS: but i didn’t want to do it again too :confused:

There are a lot more ways to tell a story than there are ways to implement an engaging gameplay. ToS has always failed in both - especially with the latter.

At the end of the day, it’s horribly flawed. The appraiser quest (not sure about the shinobi’s flower) can easily be stolen by a troll after you’ve waited for it the whole day. I don’t see any sign of intelligence poured into making that one.

You should saw the Miko in Uskis when it was released.

1 Like

Now, rip those who went through the hardwork to complete these quest, would cause quite the rage within the community.

Doesnt change the fact that the quests are riddicolus though.

You still need to do the pre-quests, only the promotion is being instant, I have a char stuck on the Runecaster in the Chronomancer part still.

Its pre-quest i referred to, i already finnished Miko and Appraiser 2 times(2 different characters), after pre-quest are done, you can instantly become these hidden classes during this reset event.

I can even show it in video if its really that necessary.

It’s been almost a week and I haven’t gotten the appraiser flower. I’m pretty sure the mechanics is just another poor implementation. Else, why would they make it so that one lone troll would ruin everybody’s day. It’s punishing players for having too many people in one server. Sigh.

Just a reminder, they did turn off the class change quest of hidden quests, but you still have to complete the unlock quest to gain access to it.

huh appraiser is hard? i did it in one day. For gytis u just need to camp on either of the 4 side, it will spawn. For goddess part, its even easier, it spawn only in 1 spot and there’s only 2 ch. Miko is the hard one, took me 4 days to do it. Yes I agree its kinda time consuming, but definitely worth it. It’s a ‘‘hidden class’’ of course it’ll take some time, no fun if its ez tho.

1 Like

Appraiser is tedious, but not as tedious as Miko quest, i do agree that the rng on flowers are horrible, and for all hidden quests, hope they could stay tedious, but more consistent, because right now you just “throw a dice” and hope the npc/flower is there when you arrive, if not, you gotta spend hours running back and forth hoping you will get it.*

That being said, already finnished appraiser on 2 chars, took 1 day on each character, 2 days for my miko.
Being afk in one spot for hours till an item appears is not what id call a good quest.

Exactly. It’s too tiring and draining if you’re not even sure you’ll get what you grind for. They really failed hard on making things challenging.

At least for the shinobi part, you’re pretty sure you’re gonna get the flower since it only spawns at one place.

Do agree that hidden class quests need to be better handled. The quests themselves can reflect what the class does too.

Quests example:

Shinobi quest can be something like platforming challenges like what we find in Marturis Storage Room. Run and complete a number of platform challenges located all across the game.

Miko’s Gohei acquisition quest can be fighting against 7 demon bosses in their respective locations to exorcise them. Can only be soloed and bosses are hard.

Appraiser’s quest instead of collecting flowers they can be solving random puzzles in which the player needs some knowledge of lore (or google) to complete.