Tree of Savior Forum

🎀 Puppeteer Class Speculation/Suggestion 🎀

#UPDATES:

Datamined Suspected Puppeteer by “GUILD-FRIEND” of @II_JoJo_II 's
New Class Costumes! Updated
http://i.imgur.com/WICJeGv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WoE8fGO.jpg?1

I’ll assume Puppeteer is going to be a hidden class of the archer tree. It’s most likely going to be another summoner class. Its either going to be single puppet or multiple puppet. I placed the puppeteer in archer tree to spread out summoner classes.

Existing ‘Summoners’:
Necromancer (Wizard)
Sorceror (Wizard)
Bokor (Cleric)

However I’ll assume its going to be multiple puppet type of summoner categorized as a crafting hidden class.

The equipment would be crossbow + new subweapon ‘controller’/‘marrionette’

or no weapon restrictions but consume X type of wood similar to Diverbys when summoning/crafting specific type of puppets.

If its a hidden class there will only be max level of 5 and only 15 points to spend. so the skills would most likely be

Pinocchio - summons 1 swordsman puppet melee low damage high HP, max summon = lvl. Pinocchio role is to be a tank for the other puppets. Though I mentioned swordsmen its animation would be poking their nose to the enemies thus pierce type of damage. it could alternate to punching for strike type of damage.

Nutcraker - crafts 1 archer puppet long range physical damage low HP, max summon = lvl. Nutcrakers are toys designed to crack nuts shell open they are often designed as toy soldiers thus making them ideal to carry rifles as range weapon.

Coppelia - summons 1 wizard puppet mid range magic damage, max summon = lvl. Coppelia is a life like doll in a play/ballet routine, is often used name in fictional stories of female robot, golems and dolls coming to life. it deals magic damage makes it more feminine. either no element or electric element.

Marionette - a mindcontrol like skill similar to Druids

Command Orders skills similar to sorceror or IMC makes a new UI for summoners classes to issue orders for their summons.

crafting a puppet causes a charging animation which counts the number of type of puppet created. or craft 1 puppet at a time. max number of a type of puppets = skill level of the type of puppet

puppets stats depend on user
HP/Def = xSTR
Atk/Acc = x
DEX
Matk = x*SPT
crafting a puppet takes 1 sec can be interupted.

Pinochio and Coppelia are chosen names as they are the most famous doll/puppet in world literature.

Nutcrakers are chosen for being toy soldiers that carried guns thus are the best role for a ranged puppet.

Puppeteer Master name should be: Catherine (you already know the context IMC)

@STAFF_John @STAFF_J STAFF_ @Jariu @minigod121

1 Like

I think you’re dreaming too much haha

And i thought it’d be a wizzard class (i thought it was already confirmed)

But things get messy in my head, maybe it’s an archer like you said ‘3’

Anyway, i expect it to be something like sadhu’s “out of body”

3 Likes

http://www.modernalternativemama.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/RealSalt-Slider1.png

This one is particularly out there I’ll give you that.

As a big fan of summoner and Catherine this is me when I find out puppeteer isn’t Wizard class

@STAFF_John Please don’t give puppeteer to Archer, their bow need their hands. Wizard is far better for puppeteer

2 Likes

STAFF_ @Jariu

your suppose to comment on how stupod another Karjalainen suggestion thread there is in this dearing times. thats not the proper response!.

@minigod121 ehhh there are already 2 summoners for the wizard branch(sorcerror and necromancer), 1 for the cleric branch (bokor), so having it on archer was to spread out the number of summoner on each class tree. GE catherine wasnt really a mage either, she was a robot made by a mad scientist in her lore. It reference the story of Coppelia.

which is why i suggested one of the puppeteer skills be named coppelia as craftable wizard puppets.

also minigod the Catherine in GE can wield ALL weapons types. except the special ones like books/tome and cubes

1 Like

Eh it’s not that they are stupid, it’s that you REALLY NEED TO CALM DOWN, THERE’S A REASON MOST OF THE FORUM BARELY BOTHERS TO TAKE THESE TOPICS SERIOUSLY.

No seriously spread these like twice a week at most with more in-depth stuff and it’ll be more interesting than a bunch of images, a resume behind the logic for something besides ‘‘Yo these are related to this, so yeah. Also, did you know IMC made Granado Espada?’’.
Them being spaced out and with proper in-depth reasoning would make these topics way more appealing because I can see how they are getting less and less views, that should tell you something.
I would hope you find something you find entertaining and interesting to yourself as you are going to learn stuff too this way, I know I have really enjoy myself reading and watching videos about HEMA, armor and weapons because I’m passionate about them and I got into that simply because I really like Fire Emblem and Soul Calibur which are in medievish settings, so I researched into that.
So may this
 barrage of classes that you have admited you make out of boredom bring something more for youself, a new interest.

Also, polish the posts more before postig them, edits for your main post should focus on fixing gramar errors and all that, but you tend to change images and all that a lot. Makes it hard to follow.

2 Likes

the only GE reference this time was Pupeteer Master Name as Catherine. and that was directed to IMC devs.

Everything else is a mix for Necromancer’s summon Skeleton with Diverbys & Sorceror mechanics and Druid mindcontrol 2.0.

Puppeteer was probably not a planned class but was brought out idea during the Q&A mentioning if there were dollmasters class in reference to GE catherine as you can read in their Dev Blog.

Back story on Catherine in GE. She was one of the earliest character to be introduced which also one of the most difficult quest back then. Thus unlocking her back then was like a great achievement which stick to the memories of early GE players when it wasnt a bullsh!t P2W.

I WANT APPRAISAL XD.

hrhr.

Don’t ruin my dreams with this negativity
 I still hope for c2-3 Chaplain XD

and sry for my negativity XD
 but I find these topics a bit useless because I’m sure the devs already have their plans so we should rather wait first and see how it will look like/will be and then come up with suggestions if we don’t like something.

The first class branch that comes to my mind about Pupeteer would be Wizard btw
but yeah it could be Archer too.

@Ayalon
if hidden classes are just 1 rank IMC can keep on adding hidden classes without any issue rebalancing their rank progression. plus its easier to implment them if they are just 1 rank. besides Chaplain is like priestc4.

like i said in the other threads, corsair got their pistol skill because there was a strong community support for them to wield pistols back in CBT2 both here and in korea, when originally IMC want to limit swordsmen range skills ala disappering equipent when you throw them. IMC will listen if there is a huge community support for the idea.

i placed it on archer to spread out summoner type of classes among the base classes.

plus this is the best time to give them idea since they are testing stuff even after open beta on korean audience as test subjects. because once IMC launch international any changes will probably be a miracle. hopefully we also get another test server.

3 Likes

Puppeteer=wizard
Shinobi=archer

Thats how it should be.
I don’t understand what puppeteer has to do with swiftness, cunning, agility, dexternity of archers. If they really want archers with summons then i can see them only as wolfs, eagles (you know real animals that people may bring to hunting) or eventually some mechanical turrets for more armored-style archery. But puppets are usually animated dolls that require voodoo magic to move them or at least some sort of illusion to hide the puppet master - that just scream for magic type class.

1 Like

I don’t know maybe you are right and they could still consider something but I see it differently
 as I said I think they already have their plans for Puppeteer and without seeing it I feel it pointless to suggest anything about it. 
but I won’t stop you it’s just my opinion about it. X)

oh and the other thing is that you can easily get rly disappointed if you imagine too much into a class that’s why I try to avoid it myself. I’m waiting for their ideas then I will decide if I like it or not.

@aqupaq I can only tell that controlling a marionett could require a lot of dexterity
but yeah I still think it’s more likely a wizard
 X)

Puppeteer is an archer class

You mean you know for sure? X)

@II_JoJo_II

Wait if my faded memory is correct there was a suspected puppeteer class was in a vague datamine post but it was in a Cleric line? it look like bokor costume but asymmetric in design

i think it was you who posted it? but i cannot find it in forum posts or it was probably in reddit or some message board.

Don’t say it D:

I’ll get anxious

oh there we go

/20chara

female model/costume
pieces(?)
I only saw this one. For me it looks like something came from Comodo from Ragnarok. That shell and it’s colours
maybe a bit of carnival feeling
dunno
 X) Anyway I like what I can imagine according to this.

and if it will be Cleric
 I dunno I wouldn’t rly want it as a Cleric XD

God damnit Francis, not this game!

That sounds more like a robotmancer or something like that.

I’d preffer if the char controls only 1 doll that have barelly the same
status as the player and work kind of like Sadhu out of body skill,
but with the character following the doll, and making the doll be attacked
by the enemies plus enemies have higher prefference to aggro the doll than
the player.

If the doll breaks, the player would have to use a doll repair skill while out of battle
and wait until it ends.

1 Like