Tree of Savior Forum

Rework Velcoffer Raid

In the end, my suggestion is still the same.

Git gud

Why are you telling players to git gud when you just encouraged them to completely ignore the gimmick altogether? That’s literally the opposite of improving in any way whatsoever. L m a o

By the way, Swordie pulls don’t work at all. They’re about as helpful as just hitting the enemy. They drop off around the staircase down.
Reapplying dots w/o weapons equipped or status effects that soft-taunt (Aiming, for example) are the only reliable methods to lure them. Oh, aside from ““gitting gud””, as you call it.

2 Likes

Ah, people who just love to be spoonfed everytime they hit a wall. Velcoffer raid is just a single run instance and you can take time happily doing the raid on single day.

Later what? Making Lepidoptera raid become one entry per week and delete those annoying gimmicks like Curse/Poison stack?

Giving them worthy rewards is what makes people actually encouraged to do some raids. If you fail to see this, perhaps you’re playing TOS with the power of money.

I’m all against simplifying things but in Velcoffer case… no.

The statue section has always being a pain in the ass and not in the good way, it could work as a section that test players performance but fail to do so because of how clunky the AI is programmed, to the point people tried to find multiple ways to cheese it or have to bring a character with a specific skill type just to be able to go by.

When Velcoffer was the peak, or as a second tier raid, it would be reasonable to keep it even if they weren’t capable of improving that. It’s been more than 2y since it was released and Velcoffer isn’t even relevant to the endgame, if they can’t fix it it’s better to just remove it and make it less of a burden. It’s the same issue ET had with the waiting floors, they weren’t fun, they just wasted your time with boring tasks.

If they ever made Velcoffer relevant again, then sure, keep that, but as it is now, fix or remove it.

3 Likes

Ahh yes IMC, please spoonfeed me by making a gimmick more reliable to do!

1 Like

Compared to other raid gimmicks, I believe Velcoffer just falls to less annoying than other. Also Velcoffer is still relevant because of its legend equipment being used for trading ichors as well.

I just…Well, I think I wouldn’t be so sh*t if TS here complaining about Skiaclipse gimmick (which is for me, outrageous for those sudden bugged curse blast). But cmon man, Velcoffer is way easier and challenging than pre-reworked ET at most. There are so much tedious gimmicks that IMC has to rework but if you put Velcoffer first, I just don’t get it.

The point is… we both know that it isn’t a priority (like classes that haven’t been touched since R:B) and that IMC doesn’t give a damm about Velcoffer anymore, just like they they don’t give a damm about 80%+ of their old content.

It’s exactly for being that outdated and limited that there’s no point in keeping such an annoying segment, specially when it puts the majority of the party on wait cause any attempt to coordinate makes it worse. I’m not even saying that they should touch anything on it, they can just straight up delete that section completely and jump straight to Velcoffer fight.

It’s still a tier higher and, if i recall correctly, is still at the second tier of legend equipment (which falls into budget equipment in ToS standards). They could do the same treatment to Skiaclipse once they add the next tier of equipment and it stops being relevant for direct use.

This happend to ET, the worst rooms were made less terrible once that content was no longer relevant for what it was designed to be.

As i said, they don’t care about the old content and they won’t do anything that takes any effort to address it, so the best they can do (and people can ask) is to remove something that doesn’t work.

That’s because mobs have an aggro range and will lose aggro if they are too far from their initial position. There’s a quest on Pilgrim Path that demands to lure mobs near a spot to kill them and usually there are none generated near that spot so you face the same problem. Basically placing the mobs closer to the statue would fix the problem in Velcoffer raid.

When I don’t find anyone to do Velco I go there with my Falconer and I use Aiming, it also works fine to lure the mobs.

The problem is wasting 10 minutes to do a gimmick when it takes three seconds to kill the boss. It was fine when killing Velcoffer was actually a thing, but now I don’t see a point to keeping it like that. Giving the statue half the hps would probably fix the problem in a simple way.

This is a shame. She should be back with an improved version of the raid that gives one archstone fragment as a reward!

1 Like

it’s not just that, it seems that with a recent patch, the maximum amount of explosions that can hurt the statue was decreased if you kill all the shard statues at once, most of the times 5 shard statues killed result in just 2x damage dealt to the statue, in rare cases I’ve managed to have 3 lines.
You need multiple players luring the statues now so the guard can receive the maximum amount of damage per amount , or you need to kill the shard statues one by one (which might be hard since they tend to go back once they catch up to the player even if damaged further), otherwise the mechanic takes way longer than before, which is pretty bad in my opinion.

3 Likes

Sorry that you guys seem like seeing me so persistent that Shardstatue gimmick is an okayish. Because even when I havent gotten my Skiaclipse crossbow, I did it easily with Zealot build + Prison Cutter card (also using quest that gives you aggro). I did those when velco run still 5 runs per week.

My old velco time was using Zwerchau with a lv1 weapon so that it only inflict the bleeding to keep aggro XD. Many used PD also at that time. You can even use Twist of Fate on it which should be accessible also.

It’s okay, you can think the mechanic is “okayish” as it is right now, but it’s completely understandable that most people in this thread are advocating for it to be changed to something smoother that doesn’t rely on broken item interactions or classes that ignore the mechanic entirely. ONE mechanic in the raid shouldn’t take longer than a boss fight, especially for outdated content.

3 Likes

Velcofer runs is only x1/week. roughly 10-12 minutes.

I do not think this is necessary.

1 Like

It takes longer than all other parts of the raid combined, not only the boss fight, which is why it’s so bad.
It would be easy to skip by granting players who reached the ultimate velcoffer slayer title a buff on entering that allows them to damage the statue and get it out of the way.

But I agree, a rework could help, though in another way than the OP suggested, to make Velcoffer gear relevant again.

this is what i suggested. because people would actually do these kind of outdated raid mostly only for events (atm 5th anniv event). then? they might just leave it forever or visiting only for making velcoffer equips to trade ichor.

Yeah, who the ■■■■ really saying that Velcoffer last gimmick was tedious to do?

Skiaclipse is definitely super stupid when you can’t burst it right away. If you’re saying that I have to get good for Skiaclipse gimmicks, why don’t you try to get good on that Velcoffer last gimmick?

Sorry I rant so hard, I got stupidly ■■■■■■ up by that chicken, lost 10 of my Soul Crystals. Clouds, Curse, Bone Prison.

I mean… you’re allowed to hate both. Like, you don’t have to compare them lmao

I hate most raid content in this game, personally. Tel is pretty easy, but the moving puddles and huge arena suck. Moring is extremely unlikable. Glacia is okay I guess.
Point is, I think both Skia and Vel are bad and should be changed, but the thread wasn’t about Skia, so…

Big difference is that Roflcopter’s gimmick becomes infinitely more cruel with the wrong skills and classes, and Skia is doable with most/all classes so long as you pace the fight.
Rushing your dps in Skia can get you very easily plastered against the floor.
Getting those stupid bird things to follow you for longer than a few seconds without a dot on hand is quite literally hell on earth.

1 Like

I understand that rework is needed.

But, to say it is hard or tedious, I’m not sure. For me, almost all raid in tos is easy. Each one just has different flavor to another. The easiest raids is guild boruta n giltine due to amount of members we can put in.

as simple as releasing that fuck1ng 2 badass horns hair accessory will make this raid more interesting
the fact that they just neglect the birdsh1t part even though they revamped et miki 4 stg2 and part where velco mats is not usable as material for content shop or pretty much anything else is just rubbish neglection

taunt works, can vouch

i use retiarius - peltasta - templar

2nd case i use fencer matador barbarian