Tree of Savior Forum

Rework Shinobi - Suggestion

This is a suggestion to improve the Shinobi of the Sword class, as we all know Sword does not have many skills to attack in the area and his damage does not agree with those of other classes of the game, so I bring that little rework to Shinobi, sincerely I’m in love with the class but it leaves a lot to be desired.

I have this idea of rework playing Final Fantasy V, the Shinobi throws the skills of scrolls and this idea can work very well in Tos.

Katon no Jutsu [Skill] - Skill deleted from the game.

Ninjutsu [New Skill] - Press INSERT and create ninja skill scrolls.

Bunshin no Jutsu [Skill] - Clones can not copy Ninjutsu ability.

Raiton [New Attribute] - Creates a lightning style scroll, when used you gain lightning property attack.

Raiton’s Values ​​= Enchant your weapon with 200 lightning property attack for 2 minutes, CD 3 minutes.

Doton [New Attribute] - Creates an earth style scroll, when used creates a earthquake around you, temporarily immobilizes enemies while casting. It does not affect flying type monsters.

Doton values ​​- 420% x 5, CD 30 seconds.

Suiton [New Attribute] - Creates a water style scroll, when used creates a vortex of water around you. Double damage to fire type monsters.

Suiton Values ​​- 900% x 6, CD 40 seconds.

Katon [New Attribute] - Creates a fire style scroll, when used creates a fireball in front of you, this fireball lasts 5 seconds. Enemies within the skill have their defense decreased by 15%. Double damage to plant-type monsters.

Katon values ​​- 600% x 5, CD 1 minute.

Fūton [New Attribute] - Creates a wind style scroll, when used it fires a gust of wind in front of you, hit enemies have their magic defense reduced by 10% for 5 seconds.

Fūton values ​​- 500% x 2, CD 1 minute.

Mijin no Jutsu [Skill] - Skill deleted from the game.

Fuuma Shuriken [New Skill] - Throw a giant shuriken around.

Values ​​Fuuma Shuriken - 1100% (level 1), CD 1:20 minutes.

Shinobi Style [New Attribute] - After the Fuuma Shuriken throw you enter stealth mode for 5 seconds.

IMC Games please do this with shinobi !!!

I want to bring more suggestions to sword class, I believe they deserve a rework worthy of them!

3 Likes

Hi Anderson!

We appreciate your enthusiasm for the game. We will forward your suggestion to the proper department for them to review and see what changes can be done in the future.

Thank you for supporting Tree of Savior!

2 Likes

Just asking, why not using the main feature of shinobi that is “cloning” skills that aready is on the game? I mean we got the balance with the cooldown getting higher and sp consuption, so why not implement your changes and also keep the Stealth in pair with the older skills that is 9 or 10 secs?

Honestly, bunshins re-purposed as some sort of guard is something I want centurion to come back with really. The formation idea centurion came with would work really well with what bunshins do. Even with templar having “body guards” could be a thing.

@GM_Francis
Any chance you have some people looking at the design breakdowns by @Hillgarm?

1 Like

There is aready enough Guard classes in this game, Peltasta, Rodeleiro, Murmillo and Retiarii, all them aready is based on block and guard. (even pelta skills block on attacks…)

Another thing that is bothersome with shinobi is the visible kusarigama on the waist of the costume and no skill that make it usable (you can fake it with corsair’s Iron Hook) other than that keep the clonning class skills idea and expand it(all swordsman classes having clonable skills to keep it still usefull to any sword build).

(The real problem with clone at the moment is the skill scalling compared to the end game mobs and the new clones formula for damage, and to counter that as the state of the game you need to make the main body deal almost double the damage that its supposed with Card buffs/bleed and poison card combos/Fencer and matador atributes(if pierce skills)/slash with barbarian dopell builds).

1 Like

I don’t mean guard = blocking or shield heavy interactions, I mean guards player controlled characters like the bunshin. You know:

• secret service
  • mercenaries
  • personel

Imagine if you could arrange your clones into a box formation to “extend your AoE” or into a point formation to focus damage. That’s what I meant by bringing up bunshin + centurion. A lot of clone dps is wasted when their atk hitboxes can’t reach their target.

1 Like

Well that idea is probably good, i mean having total control of the clones positions would give that extra aoe ,(and extra damage if it wasn’t downsided by the new formula). But i can see having that in the game.:grinning:

Please remove bunshin no jutsu cast time.
Naruto can produce 10k bunshins instantaneously.
Ty
:satisfaction:

Well, when I pick up the class and play a lot with it, I’m definitely going to have a clearer say about it, actually, i have just 3 days of gaming :confused: , so, forgive any “nb” words about it.

For now, I can only see through the eyes of others, then my opinion is based on what the crowd says.

Where could he improve?

First: Mokuton
A teleportation could be added to the opponent’s back, leaving him stunned in case he does not attack the trunk, or the teleportation can be activated manually, aiming at some target and pressing the skill button as well
When performing the teleportation, the skill does not cause damage, only the cc (stun maybe).
It could be added attribute to cause more damage in the back attack (like a buff, 3~5sec), nothing abusive, of course.

Second: A new circle could be added :slight_smile: , with new skills, among them one that is not offensive and leave the shinobi invisible, however, I believe it would be ideal if it were revealed after receiving some cc or there could be a limit of damage which he could receive before being revealed.

Third: Specialization focused, I think it would be good to have specializations regarding the use of weapons in the new circle, even though I am nb (I really am, I started playing on Friday ^^), what I heard and read the most when I asked what would be the ideal for shinobi, the answer was always “what rank are you going to go to?” In short, shinobi is nothing more than a transitional class for those who like to play with other classes, where they just get the shinobi to have the clone and done : /

Fourth: I liked the elementary suggestions. But, put the shadow element. ^^

Anyway, sorry for english ^^

Not a bad suggestion.

Can’t do it. Shinobi is a Hidden Class. All Hidden Classes only have one circle. They’re designed to augment a build and synergize with other rank choices rather than being the core selection.

my problem with Shinobi is Mokuton.
Instead of tricking his opponent into attacking a log while the shinobi takes 0 damage and jump behind his opponent’s back like it’s supposed to be,
somehow shinobi takes full damage then jump like a retard. i mean, what’s the point of having a log when you take full damage anyway? that’s dumb.
@GM_Francis

Well, itsnt like that, “it cant be”.
all hidden could have a breakthrough in the circles, even because currently the shinobi skills at least, depends a lot on the clones to cause an acceptable damage. Of course in this new circle I do not think it would be viable for the bunshin skill to be able to be upgraded, unless it was only for cooldown reduction or duration of effect.
any kind of evolution can be implemented in the game, it is not a rule just because the class is hidden having to stay incomplete forever (apart from the constant bugs that occur with the class, as in mokuton itself, it has been more than 2 years since bug was reported).

Anyway, evolution can be part of any game.

It can be but what you have to consider is the effort : reward ratio for the devs. How long does it take to develop a new class circle? I don’t know but you’re talking about the creation of new skills, testing, balancing, art, and animations. Then you have to consider the multiplicative effect when players who use the other hidden classes start demanding they get a new circle to be brought in line with Shinobi.

All that for what exactly?

Plenty of people take Shinobi in its current state because the DPS increase it provides is significant (Admittedly, that’s primarily due to Bunshin). Is there anything to indicate that Shinobi is unpopular other than the fact that Mokuton, its main defensive skill, is super clunky and the class unlock requirement is ridiculous?

What I’m saying is, the practical considerations are going to take precedent over, “This would be a cool idea.” More importantly, if you have a cool idea (Which I think the OP does) you’ve gotta give the team an empirical reason to consider it.