Tree of Savior Forum

Returning, Worth it?

I played this game since it’s first day launch in 2016, I’m so in love with the art style, the music, and everything, that i even bought all 3 of Founder Package.
But quit in Aug 16, because the game had so many issues, like bots, AFK farmer, bugs, more bugs after “fix”, IMC being greedy, list goes on, but I stop here.

Then today, I just watched a video until a video of this game suddenly played in the auto play, listening again to the music, looking again at the art style, i realized… i really love this game. So I’m returning.

But before returning, I need to know few things, and I hope you guys can tell me few things about this game status.

1. any issues that most TOS community voiced to IMC, but they ignored?
  2. Orsha, Klaipeda, Fedimian which the most and second populated server?
  1. there are often bugs (usually specific to…you know, graphics cards, classes, etc) that they more or less don’t acknowledge at all. it’s usually small stuff, but things like consecutive crafting, head spinning, etc. haven’t been fixed since founders. Sometimes, playing seems to feel like wrestling with a ton of little bugs that range from just really bad looking to stuff like desyncing and losing your runs lmao. HOWEVER to give them credit, they do put effort into acknowledging playerbase suggestions, and although speed varies, try to work with the playerbase to solve large scale issues quickly (i mean, low bar, but lmao) but it honestly just seems like. still a case of understaffing or w/e a lot of the time

2. I can’t really speak for the other servers but Klai seems to have a decent population. NOTHING like founders and queuing for dungeons can be an ordeal but I think there’s a pretty reasonable amount of people both coming into the game and doing the content.

Bots aren’t as prevalent as in founders but you’ll actually find a lot of strangely highly leveled necro bots around if you’re doing maps. AFK farmers are still around but they can’t macro without risking a ban, and while IMC is slow at taking care of them, most your gameplay is now consolidated into instances so they aren’t nearly as obnoxious as before when they made entire maps unplayable.

Lootboxes exist which, gambling is inherently pretty scummy and lazy as a game feature for profit thing, but thankfully they’re not like. quintessential to your enjoyment of the game most of the time. Anvils and stuff aside, costumes and vouchers and whatever else are usually tradeable, and making money is now accessible to even support classes because it’s mostly doing daily dungeon runs via queue or running with HG parties.

i have a lot of problems with the game and the amount of times i’ve willfully ignored or forced my way through bugs or weird things in the game probably isn’t healthy, but I came from a similar position to you and I’m having fun regardless just playing. It does feel like they are actively trying to improve, even if it’s in a…clunky, unpolished way lmao

go get bullet marker! you return at the right time! they have rank reset for anyone comeback.

current issue :

1. someone fail at to become +15 and rant
  2. PvP obviously unbalanced (and never be balanced)
  3. some class need buff (there is plan change already)

right now the game is a lot easier, ez leveling, ez blessed shard, GG HG weapon (comparable to practo). the problem is this game become less challenging for hardcore player.

i am in telsiai, and population is fine. dung 300 queue less than 5 min. some poeple said orsha is ded…

if you enjoy the story, graphic and the awesome bulletmarker… come la!

2 Likes

I came back about a couple months ago after a good hiatus. I didn’t leave due to anything IMC really did or didn’t do. (Besides Gacha, those things are a curse) Nor because of bugs. After around 4k hours of playing I had moved onto other games. I came back during the rank reset event, and have had a good time. I’ll leave again when I feel it’s time to.

In the end, you are the only one who can say if it’s worth it or not. If you enjoyed it when you left, spending a short time DL’ing it, and revisiting something you once enjoyed is always worth it.

1 Like

@dew_clover
Welcome back, Savior! :satisfaction:

Here are some of the main changes that happened in recent months.

NEW Rank Expansion, NEW Challenge Mode, NEW Unique Raid Dungeon,
4 New Classes Added to Class Rank 8
These are the major updates that have come to TOS!
[Quick Advancement Guide: New Classes]

[Intense Balancing: Wizard and Swordsman Trees]
we’re covering a whole roster of Wizard and Swordsman classes and the plans we’re making to adjust their skills.

And your first question: any issues that most TOS community voiced to IMC, but they ignored?
We’ve made some post, to check the issue.
Please see the example!
We will update this post as the situation develops.
[Addressing the Computer-Related FPS Drop in HG 340 ]

3 Likes

Heh, least gotta give a like for trying. (Still waiting on that 340 fix though…a month and a half later.) :stuck_out_tongue:

@scarethemonkeys
Really sorry for that matter.
That is expected to be fixed …:sad:
Kindly wait for the further announcement on the website for news or update.

1 Like

I’m a returning player myself and i can tell that a lot of issue backthen were heard and solved by IMC. This game has progressed a lot since opening day.

They surely hear our complains, i have seen how they fix DPK issues or the new patch about auto re-join after disconnected in challenge mode.

Lastly, do see it yourself in game, make your own decision. don’t wander too much in the forum, the toxic ratio is too high.

1 Like

Sound great but does it work?, ,
I’m about to embark my re-anew journey, until I stumble upon difficulty to choose new weapon, it’s a first quest that give a weapon as reward, when i hover my mouse over it, I can’t view the weapon description, because I cant remember if Cleric able to use staff or mace.
Even my memory are all blurry but I almost certain at the time of this game launch, when first time I played it, I was able to see the weapon description upon choosing the reward.
I don’t know if this is a new bugs?, this thought keep bugging me, why there is a new bug appear out of no where when the bug not even exist before, or this bug only appear to me because something wrong with my installation game files?

are you using your keyboard to navigate the rewards with mouse mode on?

its nice but how long ITOS will wait for those changes? 3-4 months? or more ;/ we still didnt get falconer changes and sorc pet changes and new cards like frost lord etc …

2 Likes

Being really honest here. The long wait is taxing even for the most patient players :x

3 Likes

Do you have any Addons installed, I forget which one but I had the same issue when I came back. I forget which it is, but should be easy enough to find. As it has to do with item descriptions.

That’s it, Lunar nailed it. I had to actually go into my addons files and delete it. Manager wouldn’t remove it for whatever reason.

Yes, please check this. My friend had the same problem, it was an old version of Tooltip Helper.

hard to say in my case, since i never left the game eversince it launched.

like you, my main drive in playing is the game’s aesthetics. though, i never really took its shortcomings as a deciding point to stop (unless the game permanently doesn’t allow me to play) no matter what others say

going back to your question, i my reply is better interpreted by watching this vid

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.