Tree of Savior Forum

Rerolled to Elemental from Sorc c2

sorc 3 and be informed that evocation is indeed trash XD, I think it’s worth it for the summon 15 and familiar.
But of course if you really want more dps go warlock, you’d have to get close to the boss tho haha.

thx for info. What about Desmodeus?

What people need to realize is im not complaining about DPS capability of a Sorc, im complaining about the inability to produce DPS because of the SP issue with this class. I can produce DPS if my SP allows me to cast other spells without being dried.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@avykos
with my stats posted above, desmodus at lvl 5 deals about 3k per hit, but it doesn’t always hit 2x, 4.5k per hit with quick cast, can reach up to 6k per hit, when JP is used due to the skill being earth property. With jp alone the skill deals 4.5k damage, but of course this can change depending on the monster’s elemental property.
oh btw, my desmodus attribute is at lvl 10, I’m poor lol.

and about evocation again, I actually thought that the 2nd card affects it’s damage or nature of skill like hit counts, but apparently it isn’t affected by the secondary card, even if the secondary card has 10 stars, evocation still deals 2.4k damage. The only thing that I’ve noticed to change with the secondary card is the death animation of the boss monster lmao. it can be boosted by quick cast tho and reach 3.6k damage, but it still is too shabby.

@NoLove
I kinda missed your point, my bad. I agree to some extent that sp is really an issue with sorcs, after all it’s like you’re paying to use your skills while summon is active. Could be a real $$$ problem when you are in a pt since you’d sit more often if you do not use sp potions. I’ve managed to lessen the impact on solo playing by getting sp recovery costumes. Right now it takes about 12 secs to get my sp to full, which I think is pretty efficient enough, after all almost half of my sp regen comes from the costumes (42 + 39 + 34).
As for the dps, sure I’m disappointed with evocation but I think ~7.9k per templeshooter attack is not so bad. And whilst the ai is terrible I think it is still bearable.

So as wiz 3 sorc 3, I think my experience with the class wasn’t so bad, after all once I reached sorc 2, my summon pretty much tanks everything for me. There are mess-ups tho, ones that get me killed and frustrated, but I still think that my sorc experience is fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

and Temple Shooter becomes REALLY big with Sorc3 XD

1 Like

Honestly speaking, I can kite just fine and have my temple shooter standing attacking if I keep the correct range.

Also once it tracks the right enemy it runs for it, Linking Traps to bosses are the best solution to it’s poor choices.

Temple Shooter does a LOT of CONSTANT damage, you can see the elementalist bursts but if you sum up the damage over time they’re not far apart.

The point is, you have to understand and adapt yourself to the class you’re playing, if your thing is pressing 10 attack spells and just keeping on reusing them you’re better off with Elementalist.

I’m Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc and have no points on SPR, I’m doing fine with bad SP potions because I simply manage my SP consumption, Sorc has simply 1 summon skill that at level 10 comes to a close damage to the whole elementalist tree, considering cooldowns. Also 5 good buffs from another skill, a cute pet that can apply blind and burn and a very good skill (familiar) when you go deeper into it’s ranks.

I really feel like my job choices will only pay off at Warlock 2/3 but I don’t really believe the game stops at rank 7 and for now it feels good enough.

I feel like Sorc adds a very unique gameplay to your game and honestly, it’s a tanker under your control at C2+, I don’t get attacked by bosses anymore, and that at C1, you really just have to understand it’s standing range and wait for it to aim correctly.

SPOILER: Only 1 or 2 elementalist skills will be good at rank 9~10. Kino 3 will be better than Ele 3 by then.

kind of the #1 reason why I went sorc 3 lmao

1 Like

thanks for giving the info about your card. About desmodus, i know that it was a multihit skill but the multihit chances are low? since you said it does not always hit twice. How many maximum hits for the skills?

And one more, can it produce ice shard from ice wall using desmodus?

thanks

I see, potion from item merchant sux no matter where you buy it from.

If you compare the hit count, Kino 3 will never catch up to Ele 3 in terms of PVE no matter the rank.

In PVP of course Kino 3 is always better.

Has no one in this thread heard of level 10 alchemist pots?, the key to sorc is to not rely on your summon, but to rely on your self the summon is just a tank/dps bonus. You should be able to achieve decent amounts of DPS even without your summon just need to know whats good and what to build for.

Can’t say i ever use auto attack pretty much, just DPS with skills etc auto attack way too laggy.

i use alchemist pots alot in dungeon, even so our SP will be empty most of the time.

what do you mean? we commit atleast 2 circles in sorcerer for the summon to be useful and you said don’t rely on our summon? Salamion is trash and familiar are just not strong enough and its ai seems buggy sometimes.

keep in mind that our SP drain is not directly proportional to the damage output.

just realize that rather than %sp drain/second, the dev need to make the sp drain only the time that the summon attack.

Well, if you use level 10 alchemist pots and have somewhat decent mana management you should rarely ever dip under half, the summon takes a set % of your mana so the less mana you have the easier it is to keep full, as a dedicated sorc you should have minimal amounts of SPR level 10 alchemist sp potions heal for 600, and then have a regen over time effect one potion restores half of your mana bar, i don’t have any on me right now because im on a different char however i worked it too needing to pop a mana potion every 2 minutes and thats including using my DPS skills situationally, they have a less then a minute cooldown so you should be able to keep your mana full.

Do not underestimate summon familiar i am able to nuke with it for 50k damage ++ on bosses mobs etc,and salamon while his ai is trash he is actually really helpful he tends to go and do his own thing and sometimes picks up 2-3 mob aggro on his own and that may not be a lot on the lower levels but when everything is smacking you for 2k damage 230+ it helps a ton solo and you only need to invest 1 point into him, and you only have a 10 second downtime.

You may rely on your summon because that is how you are built however for me i just use him to tank and add to my overall DPS because dps without him is actually really good and can keep up with other DPS’s in the party. I view him as my consistent damage while my warlock is my burst.

If you are really struggling with your SP get a magas rod, its - 6xx sp will save on your pot consumption and help you keep your mana bar full.

The last thing you should be doing is letting your summon do all the work.

What people don’t understand is sorcerers are possibly one of the strogest solo classes in the entire wiz tree, just need to play them right.

2 Likes

max is 2 from what I’ve observed.
this is unconfirmed info and plain conjecture for now since I never really bothered testing lol. but from what I’ve seen its more of a hitbox thing that allows the multihit like there are positions where the mob can be hit twice. I’m not really sure sorry. will provide better info when I actually test the skill out. >.<
EDIT:tried testing for a bit, my statement was a bit inaccurate and seemed inclined to negativity, I said that it doesn’t always hit twice, true but I guess “sometimes, it doesn’t hit twice” is a better statement. I can’t figure out the cause tho.

as for ice wall I can’t confirm since I’m wiz 3 link 1 sorc 3. Will try to test when I see a cryo that’s willing to help. XD

Such sadness :frowning:
Post must be at least 20 characters

1 Like

I feel like Salamion more aggressive than Templeshooter, He gang well with my Bones army.

Can post how u build u sorc midsize? i like Bones of army. ty

wiz3 > link > sorc > necro2

store 6 point at necro1 > when you advance, do enjoy the bone army.